• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm in. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm in.

Did anyone else notice how sneaky those fox sports people are? Leaving all those players who no longer play in the list for the naive and unwitting to choose. Very sneaky indeed.

Just off the top of my head I saw Matt Dunning, Tim Fairbrother and Kabamba Floors.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Contemplating buying a few Stormers, too.

Had a look at NZ sides, and frankly, the Canes look awful (loosies and midfield aside) and are already injury riddled. Probably the worst NZ side on paper I've seen in ages, and geez, the Clan looked weak a few years back. Really, picking the kicker and a prolific try scorer in whatever team is playing the Canes this week could be a good play (similar to the Rebels last year, I guess).

Who would I take from the Stormers? NFI. Bekker maybe, but he's very pricey. There's Burger, but he's a penalty magnet. I'm scared of Habana as he was awful last year. Grant might be good for a few points if he starts, and Juan de Jongh may also be worth a punt - although the good parts of the Canes team might be their loosies (Leavave, Vito and Lam) and midfield (Bateman and Smith - but he's under an injury, again). If Smith is ruled out, then JdJ looks tempting indeed. Van den Heever might be another smokey.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I guess I forgot Jane on the wing for the Canes, who is quality. A lot of the rest of the team are still nose pickers, though.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Bateman for 75k is a steal. He was all class when he left for Japan. Might take him a couple of games to get back up to speed, but he'll be worth it.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I guess I forgot Jane on the wing for the Canes, who is quality. A lot of the rest of the team are still nose pickers, though.

Don't waste your money on him. He was in my side at the start last of the2 seasons and did SFA.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
And chance Dagg takes a penalty kick here and there with Carter out until Round 5?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thoughts on having Hobbs, Bleyendaal, Cruden and Doppies as my inside backs?

Agree completely on Hobbs. I also thought Hobbs was woefully mispriced at 75k, as he is a real chance to be a starter in a star studded Blues backline. Hobbs is on the bench for me, but I am contemplating moving him into the starting line up and buying, say, Bateman for the bench, freeing up a lot of money.

I currently have SBW (c), Doppies and Harris, with Hobbs on the bench. Harris is the one I am most nervous about, assuming SBW is ready to fire in round 1.

If you want to buy a Cane or two, I'd say pick Lam or Vito, as those two will do a lot of work and may score bigger by carrying the team a bit. Karl Lowe, when he returns from injury, may also be a cheapish roughie (if he gets a starting spot instead of, say, Levave).

BTW, Messam is likely to play for the Chiefs, but I think he'll be underdone and won't go for the full 80, so maybe wait a week or two to pick him up.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oh, and who will be the Blues kicker? Hobbs or Munro? If it's Hobbs, he's almost too good to ignore at 75k.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Piri is probably going to start from the bench.

Some great value in the Blues backline with Hobbs (who will be kicking with Munro injured) and David Raikuna expected to start on the wing at 75k. The problem is with Piri and Ma'a Nonu to come back soon you wonder how many games they will get in the starting XV.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Will Piri come on to 9 or 10 from the bench though? With Munro out I would guess that Hobbs would kick, meaning he will probably be a start in my fanstay team then. Maybe at the expense of Harris, or maybe even Doppies. Who knows.

9. Mathewson
10. Hobbs
11. Wulf/Ranger
12. Stanley
13. Ranger/Wulf
14. Raikuna
15. Toeava

Piri, Anscombe, Stowers on the bench? With Nonu and Munro to return later. Even with Nonu returning, Hobbs may keep his spot, unless Piri has a shot at 10 again.

Ice racked up some nice scores in a few games last year, as did Ranger too.

Status
Not open for further replies.