• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spooony

I'll hopefully be on this later. Right now the new Fantasy Page refuses to sign me in, clicked log in over & over again (with password & name typed in) to no avail. So hopefully the website or maybe my lame lap top will respond at some point.
there is a thing called last pass. Use it

That's what happens to me in firefox. But in IE it works fine.

Very strange.
Do you have no script installed?

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Certainties for me at the moment are

Ben Alexander
Andries Bekker
David Pocock
Adam Thompson
Liam Messam (if fit for Round 1)
Sarel Pretorius
SBW
Kade Poki

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Last pass? maybe I missed that. Anyhow I found a way to log in I just came across a different log in page that redirected me & it finally used my log in details. I'm on an older version of IE so I'm guessing an upgrade may be in order. I'm on IE7 (I know its old but when I last upgraded to IE8 it sucked). Couldnt fit in SBW or Digby into my line-up.

Update: Just realised I had google chrome, used it & thank god it now works!

S

spooony

Last pass? maybe I missed that. Anyhow I found a way to log in I just came across a different log in page that redirected me & it finally used my log in details. I'm on an older version of IE so I'm guessing an upgrade may be in order. I'm on IE7 (I know its old but when I last upgraded to IE8 it sucked). Couldnt fit in SBW or Digby into my line-up.

Update: Just realised I had google chrome, used it & thank god it now works!
Yeah Last Pass
It is a password manager add on for Chrome/IE/Firefox/Opera which saves all your log in encrypted on your pc and on a server. Even if you format the PC you just enter your username and password again and all the info is retrieved.
www.lastpass.com
It is free to use

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thanks Spooony, its working now without it (using Google Chrome) but I will keep this in mind for future times if it happens again.

S

spooony

Thanks Spooony, its working now without it (using Google Chrome) but I will keep this in mind for future times if it happens again.
Yeah that add I mentioned is just to make things easier as using your browsers password manager is playing with fire. With IE probably java script was disabled

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Alright guys, same as last year I'm going completely open with my picks. Here's my team as selected for round 1. Any feedback? Advice?

Screen Shot 2012-02-09 at 10.04.16.png

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Way too early to select a team IMO.

The golden rule of Fantasy is always wait until the Friday before the games to pick your team. Because it is impossible to make your picks without knowing every XV, who is injured, what conditions are like, who is in form etc.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
But I'm SupeReady... And just keen for this competition to start. No doubt I will chop and change a few guys as we get closer to kick-off, just wanted some feedback on my selections. Generate some discussion about who could go great guns this year, who's getting too old etc.

Interesting note, Wycliff Palu is still 350k...

P

philsale

Quick question, Swat - what is going on with the teams in your screenshot? Have there been large numbers of very expensive transfers since I last surfaced?

P

philsale

Not the jerseys, just the team names. Didn't notice that when I was selecting...

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I'm in.

Why all the fox sports guys? I reckon remove them as they will get boring after a few weeks. Already bulk teams in the comp.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Untitled picture.png

This is a very preliminary make-up of my side. I'll have another look over the fixtures of Rounds 1/2/3 to make sure I can make transfers easily and once the match squads come out there'll be different changes.
My main areas of concern are:
Hooker- Is Bismarck really worth 400k? The budget seems a lot tighter this year and I'm thinking someone cheaper like Strauss or Ged Robinson might be better value. Thoughts?

Backrow- Higginbotham or Pocock? Bam Bam comes up against the Brumbies so he should perform well, but Higginbotham was outstanding in 2011...

Inside backs- With the Lions playing the Cheetahs, I went for Doppies and Jantjies over the likes of Olivier, O'Connor, SBW, Cruden etc.- who has everyone else gone for?

Status
Not open for further replies.