• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Few players benched made things tough this week, hope Robbie Robinson gets on early.

Taking a punt on Cliffy too, if he's back to 80 mins I'll be very happy.

Attachments

• week 8.png
    week 8.png
    314.5 KB · Views: 240

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK This is stage I am at. Will be in seriously deep dodo if there are some late withdrawals as 4/7 reserves are on a bye..... And Goosan is not starting. Hopefully won't get stung to badly. Have had a couple of good weeks that has brought me up in the rankings well.

Attachments

• Fantsay.JPG
    Fantsay.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 216

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Team this week is:

Prop: Chadwick, Taumalolo (Kepu on the bench)
Hooker: Liebenberg (injured du Plessis on the bench)
Lock: Pyle, Retallick (Juandre Kruger)
Backrow: Pocock, Hodgson, Coetzee (Thomson)
Half: Kerr-Barlow (Pretorius)
IB: O'Connor (c), Lealiafano, Foley (Barrett)
OB: Kingston, Lambie, Joe Pieterson (Andre Taylor)

O'Connor, Lealiafano, Lambie and Pieterson are my transfers this week. Would have probably ditched Foley for someone else but I was forced to use a transfer on Goosen (who has the bye next week so I thought transfering out was a good choice).

Keen to sub out Pretorius whilst he isn't starting if I ever end up with a transfer up my sleeve.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
White or Kerr-Barlow? Not sure who to bench!

I ditched Goosen for Lealiifano, and brought in Connie for Crockett, and Etzebeth for Power. Still deciding on the last transfer, might sell Mogg or Gear. Maybe Mogg, leaving Gear on the bench. Or maye I'll wait for the Chiefs to be named, as I have 4 of them right now...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, noticed just before. Not sure what to do with White and Kerr-Barlow yet. Might use the last transfer to get rid of some of the dead weight I am carrying on the reserve bench, or I might bring in an different outside back. I have some check outside backs in Mogg and Kingston, but really, outside backs haven't been scoring too well anyway. Might buy Shipperley next week.

Coenie, Sona, res: Alexander
Strauss, res: MacDonald (deadweight currently)
Etzebeth, Pyle, res: Horwill
Pocock, Kolisi, Messam, res: Thomson
Kerr-Barlow, res: White (thinking of switching)
SBW (c), Lealiifano, J'OC, res: Hobbs (deadweight currently)
Mogg, Kingston, Dagg, res: Gear

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I've taken a punt and brought in a few bolters- Rudi Wulf, CJ Stander and Wynand Olivier. Figure the Bulls might have a big week against the Lions, and the Blues will come out firing after all the criticism they have copped during the week.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Think picking Bulls players was a good call, I was tossing up Basson as my Gear replacement (so I could put Mogg back onto the bench).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I ditched Basson after only bringing him in last week and him doing nothing.

I hope that decision doesn't hurt me.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I hope I attached my team right.

I was really torn this week. Local derbys in all countries have at times produced less points than one would think. Bulls/Lions is such a game where I can see the potential for lots of points, but I've been let down before with that thinking. I've decided to take a punt on it & put the Bulls players in there.

Difficult decision to leave out Robbie who will probably go over for a couple of tries now. Picked JOC (James O'Connor) as capt after Mum said to lock him in - with 20 seconds left till the dead line!

SFR you know Goosen is on the bench?

Good luck to everyone, I'll surely need it.

Attachments

• Leigh Team.jpg
    Leigh Team.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 205

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Have picked Conie this week as captain, as he'll be tackling all game!!!!

Have subbed Dagg with Kingston so hope it pays off! Think Stomers will choke up the Saders this weekend...

C

Cave Dweller

Have picked Conie this week as captain, as he'll be tackling all game!!!!

Have subbed Dagg with Kingston so hope it pays off! Think Stomers will choke up the Saders this weekend...
haha good call on Kingston

C

Cave Dweller

Alas, he only got 20 points...should have gone for Ranger...god forbid that Dagg gets 50+....
I have not looked yet. Wingers standing on their wing doing nothing much except scoring tries are not good friends of fantasy league by the looks of it. I had a guy score 2 tries once and he scored low IMO

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I have not looked yet. Wingers standing on their wing doing nothing much except scoring tries are not good friends of fantasy league by the looks of it. I had a guy score 2 tries once and he scored low IMO

Thats why I like Ranger.....he's the kind of winger who goes looking for work and he's pretty good at getting turn-over ball in th tackle as well. Just gotta look out for the odd brain explosion

C

Cave Dweller

I notice the highest is 390 so far. I am at 360 with Basson still to score.

He might come in half way in first half and kick a shitload of goals...so don't you worry!
:)

Thats why I like Ranger.....he's the kind of winger who goes looking for work and he's pretty good at getting turn-over ball in th tackle as well. Just gotta look out for the odd brain explosion
I completely forgot about that bloke. Basson never again his going out. But my luck he will score a monster total next week.... but shit happens

C

Cave Dweller

Got 415 with a -2 of Basson. Luckily I added Cruden this weekend and he did well
Here is the All Star team

Attachments

• fantasy.jpg
    fantasy.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.