• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
A THURSDAY game?! As if the time difference isn't enough for me, they hold a game a day early. WTF. Luckily I wont be hit hard as all my players are playing but I wanted to make some changes as part of my long term plan. With my wildcard already used this may end my season.

C

Cave Dweller

A THURSDAY game?! As if the time difference isn't enough for me, they hold a game a day early. WTF. Luckily I wont be hit hard as all my players are playing but I wanted to make some changes as part of my long term plan. With my wildcard already used this may end my season.
Do not worry. If the guy is not playing automatic subs kick in where your guys on the bench get scores for those that did not play;)

C

Cave Dweller

This is what I have decided, baring tfr's off the bench. Not sure what to do with the captaincy. Will Thompson be able to repeat that performance against the Stormers?
Tell me you kept Oosthuizen as your captain lol Have you ever tried playing the lottery!? I would if I was you everything you touch turn to gold lol

C

Cave Dweller

Yep. Seems to be doin' not to bad the last couple of weeks...;..
How did you score this week?

I wonder if someone can post the log in here weekly it makes it more fun. We do it at the football forums with fantasy and spice the competition up normally. In a good way at least.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah just had a look. And I seem to be the highest out of the first 100 or so. Bloody Thomo only got only got 31 this week...

C

Cave Dweller

From all the people who started at week 4 I am at no 58 out of 200 or so

W

wilqq

Can't complain about this week, especially since the game on Thursday I had to pick line up very early due to my time zone.

Overall I'm 813th so far, don't know if it's bad for my 1st season of fantasy rugby.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ended up with 526 this week. Looks alright, but no where near as impressive as last week.

Problem no 1 - need to get Stannard out of Scrum Half since he is not going to be there for 6 weeks or so. Any suggestions? Will have $250K to spend. Thinking Nic White might be the go.... but is he going to be in the run on side enough?

Problem no 2 - Patrick Lambie..... Is he going to be back does anyone know? I have Gear (Highlanders) and Taylor (Canes) in the outside backs also, which means I will have to do some major transfering. Problem is that out of the 7 top performers 5 of them have a bye this weekend......

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
since my chance of being even mildly competative in any league this year is out the window, I have decided to use Fantasy rugby as a way to assit the tahs. Since anyone I transfer into my team has a sudden but magnificent form slump, I will be stacking my team with the opposition's finest, starting this week. My advice to all serious plyers is to ditch Pockock, Sharpe, Cummins and Charles.

A

AlexH

Ended up with 526 this week. Looks alright, but no where near as impressive as last week.

Problem no 1 - need to get Stannard out of Scrum Half since he is not going to be there for 6 weeks or so. Any suggestions? Will have $250K to spend. Thinking Nic White might be the go.... but is he going to be in the run on side enough?

Problem no 2 - Patrick Lambie..... Is he going to be back does anyone know? I have Gear (Highlanders) and Taylor (Canes) in the outside backs also, which means I will have to do some major transfering. Problem is that out of the 7 top performers 5 of them have a bye this weekend......

Solution No.1 - Kerr-Barlow, McKibbin or White. Take your pick. They're all quality.

Solution No.2 - Masaga, Guildford, Maitland, Basson, Wulf or Ranger.

Guildford and Maitland are finding more space outside Carter and have been making more meters, busting more tackles and breaking the line more regularly. I am a bit hesitant to pick Basson myself but he is a tempting prospect as a tried and tested finisher for a strong Bulls team coming up against a faltering Lions outfit this round. Rene Ranger and Rudi Wulf are looking good even though their team is performing horrendously and they are bound to find and create holes in a fickle Sharks defense.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Solution No.1 - Kerr-Barlow, McKibbin or White. Take your pick. They're all quality.

Solution No.2 - Masaga, Guildford, Maitland, Basson, Wulf or Ranger.

Guildford and Maitland are finding more space outside Carter and have been making more meters, busting more tackles and breaking the line more regularly. I am a bit hesitant to pick Basson myself but he is a tempting prospect as a tried and tested finisher for a strong Bulls team coming up against a faltering Lions outfit this round. Rene Ranger and Rudi Wulf are looking good even though their team is performing horrendously and they are bound to find and create holes in a fickle Sharks defense.

My thinking is very much the same as Alex. I've had Guildford for a few weeks & now he is starting to fire with Carter. I don't have Maitland but he'd be handy. Blues players could be a good option, they quite simply must beat the Sharks, the pressure is mounting they may go as per usual but they may have their best performance of the year. I also have Basson, I'm looking for him to hopefully cash in against the Lions but I tried that strategy last week with the Cheetahs v Lions & it back fired - so beware! Bloody derbys & their bogged down style of play.....I digress, plenty of good potential options.

C

Cave Dweller

since my chance of being even mildly competative in any league this year is out the window, I have decided to use Fantasy rugby as a way to assit the tahs. Since anyone I transfer into my team has a sudden but magnificent form slump, I will be stacking my team with the opposition's finest, starting this week. My advice to all serious plyers is to ditch Pockock, Sharpe, Cummins and Charles.
The trick is not too fiddle to much. No one will score high every round. Consistency is more important and use the form selection rather than the total points to compare it with your current crop. You will see some guys have been picking up. O Connor is a good example and it was visible that he is in form. Cruden also had a slow start but he is starting to find form.

I am just curious why do you say ditching Pockock is a good idea?

A

AlexH

Already have Lealifano, O'Connor, Goosen and Fruen and no spare Chiefs spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.