• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
OK....my team this week:

Sekope Kepu, Sona Taumalolo (Jerry Yanuyanutawa)
Bismark du Plessis (Hikawera Elliot)
Josh Bekhuis, Nathan Sharpe (Phillip van der Merwe)
Heinrich Brussow, Marcell Coetzee, Ita Vaea (Josh Strauss)
James Stannard (Nic White)
James O'Conner, Ben Tapuai, Christian Lealiifano (Tyler Blyendaal)
Hosea Gear, Lwazi Mvovo, David Raikuna....I know, I know (Israel Dagg)

Confirmed my team last night cos I got burnt last week doing at work on my slow-ass connection and my changes weren't confirmed. Saw the news on Raikuna this morning and was just happy I wasn't expecting him to have a blinder anyway...LOL. I'm pretty happy overall though and I still got some good $$ in the bank for future changes.

As I keep telling the Chief fans who keep giving me shit about my Blues - the competition isn't won in the first 3 weeks!!

Ita Vea is not playing this week mate, might want to swap him out

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Well this is a difficult week.
My four inside backs are all having a bye, Rene Ranger has been dropped by the Blues (he may be injured but I haven't read anything about it). I have Wyatt Crockett as a prop and most of my bench players have not been named.

Use your wild card! Im using mine next week

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
A few changes for me this week.

Taumalolo, Chadwick
du Plessis
Pyle, Bekker
Thomson (c), Manu, Pocock
Pretorius
Harris, Ellison, Barrett
Ioane, Lambie, Kingston

Was forced to play Kingston due to needing to transfer out a couple of injured players. I didn't have enough a spare transfer to transfer out Ranger so Kingston had to play. Surely a match against the Force is a good chance for him to score points though.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
My losers team has been selected for another week. Big question, though: who to start out of Ioane, Mogg, Lambie, or Kingston???

Alexander, Kepu, res: Crockett (bye)
Battleship, res: MacDonald (bye)
Horwill, Pyle, res: Power
Pocock, Thomson, Messam, res: Kolisi
Stannard, res: White (on the bench)
SBW (c), Tamati Ellison, Harris, res: Hobbs (not playing)
Ioane, Lambie, Mogg: res: Kingston (no idea if I should switch him in)

SBW at (c) is a risk, but I thought he might terrorise the young Brumby backs.

I am in trouble if some of my team get injured in the warm up - most of my bench isn't playing!

Dumping Ranger was a cathartic experience, don't really know why.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Few changes as well

Kepu, Palmer
Du Plessis
Pyle, Douglas
Messam, Thomson (c), Lam
Kerr-Barlow
SBW, Bateman, JOC (James O'Connor)
Poki, Kingston, Nanai-Williams

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My thoughts on Fantasy Rugby so far:

Locks are the lowest point scorers of all the positions. Buy cheap ones.

Backrowers are the highest point scorers. Invest in the best and make one your captain.

Outside backs are struggling to score a lot of points at this stage of the season. This should hopefully improve as the season wears on and teams get better with ball in hand and more tries are scored. Unless outside backs get involved a lot or are goal kickers, you're really looking for them to bag some tries to accrue decent points.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Palmer, Alexander
BdP (c)
Kev, Pyle
Brussow, Pocock, Thomson
Sarel
Tamati, JOC (James O'Connor), Harris
Poki, Lambie, Robbie Robinson

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Thank christ I didn't put through my final transfer until the Rebels were named. The lack of Kurtley would have royally fucked me!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bugger. Looks like I will be fielding 14 blokes this weekend.

I broke one of my own rules. Usually, I keep one transfer open until all teams are named. A rush of blood to the head has left me without an outside back.

looks like the 14 on the paddock will have to play out of their skins this weekend. Beale you utter bastard!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Diggers had better score a hat-trick this weekend...or next weekend two of my transfers will be taken up with dropping Diggers and Beale.

On the plus side, that would free up a hell of a lot of cash.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The recurring injury crocks are probably a big risk this year unless you have enough to afford a good reserve. Would be careful of Beale until his hamstring settles, which may not be until next year.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
The recurring injury crocks are probably a big risk this year unless you have enough to afford a good reserve. Would be careful of Beale until his hamstring settles, which may not be until next year.

Advice I should have heeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.