• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK. Is Diggby going to improve whilst in SA or should I make moves to transfer him out for ......... someone?
I know it is a little early to be thinking about this, but well.... It will need to be considered.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Planning on putting Digby to the bench or dropping him and maybe bring in Poki or Gear. Think Harris will go as well and have the first time with no reds in my fantasy team. Gotta pick form.

4 transfers this week due to 3 sides on bye. Will be saving my wildcard as long as everyone is running on.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah I am turfing Digby this week (and Lance, who was a shithouse choice), and putting in both Beale and Poki. I wanted to wait a week to see if both would show their 2011 form, and both were very impressive. Same for Coenie Oost. He can't scrum that well but his play in open field will rack up some big points this season.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Im going to wait one more week to use the wild card. Too many top teams have the week off.

Digby I agree has been a huge disappointment. Without QC (Quade Cooper) playing it seems he doesn't get any ball...

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have the same issue with Diggers. I'm seriously looking at drafting in Riaan Viljoen for him. Choosing an outside back to draft in at the moment is a nightmare! I am glad that I drafted in Andre Taylor last week though. Dagg and Taylor picked up the slack after Diggers' measly 4 points.

Im really happy with my pack at the moment. For $125k I couldn't go past Jason Eaton, but the backs are killing me!

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sitting 19th after the first 3 rounds not to bad. Had a very good week scoring 395 so in the charge. Sarel hurt me this week and i think i will have to bit the bullet and get rid of Nalanga. Any recommendatons on a good winger?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sitting 19th after the first 3 rounds not to bad. Had a very good week scoring 395 so in the charge. Sarel hurt me this week and i think i will have to bit the bullet and get rid of Nalanga. Any recommendatons on a good winger?

Not Diggers. Where was Mogg playing?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Mogg is on there as an outside back. At $80k its a pretty tempting prospect too. Andre Taylor would be the pick for me, or Beale. Beale should have plenty of opportunities to rack up points against the Cheetahs this week.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I've found it better to pick players as a long term proposition. Been burnt many times in past years picking a player because of the oppostion.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Having both Diggers and Ranger, I can say this: stay away from both.

I have them both too.

Outside backs across the board haven't been scoring very well so far. It's a tough call to dump them because I guarantee as soon as I do, one of them will bag a hattrick.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have them both too.

Outside backs across the board haven't been scoring very well so far. It's a tough call to dump them because I guarantee as soon as I do, one of them will bag a hattrick.

No question about that. Do everyone a favour and give us the tip when you decide to dump them..:D

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK. Had to do mine early since I will be a bit short on contact between naw and Friday. Hope I haven't made any howlers.

Fantsay.JPG

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Hey, First things first - great forum and I gotta say I am onto this Fantasy Rugby it is so much fun. Sort of don't care how I go overall, just wanna beat the crap out the peeps in the various leagues I am in. You can tell I am hooked as I am being silly enough to make transfers on a Wed!!! Talk about premature!!

I have about $400k in the bank and next week I am thinking of SBW out for Fruen back in, maybe France De Mewre into Lock for Thrush and Sono in for Nel. (gotta cover the Chiefs I've got everywhere as well) Think I can afford it - after that I might look at Pretorius, but Im not sold on him yet. (Got burnt by Digby and Will!!)

Anyway heres my team to date. Suggestions? Aside from keeping my paper dry until Friday :)

Attachments

• team4.jpg
    team4.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 180

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Firstly, welcome to the forum Namtrak.

I reckon SBW might be hitting some form, although I understand he has the bye next week. Freuen might be a good call, inside backs are a bit of a lottery so far this year.

That's a pretty good looking side though, you can't go too far wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.