• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I've found it better to pick players as a long term proposition. Been burnt many times in past years picking a player because of the oppostion.

Decided not to take my own advice here. Tomane is going to be having nightmares for the rest of the season after SBW is done with him. Lealifano won't fare much better.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I am having an absolutely disastrous Fantasy season and we are only three rounds in. My failures so far have been:
  • Round 1: Benching Lowrey for Lam (26vs15), buying van der Heever (6) and Taute (5) and leaving Mogg on the bench (30).
  • Round 2: Buying Sharpe (1), dropping Todd to bench for Lam (42 vs15), benching Carter after his bad round 1 (scored 55), buying Nalaga (3).
  • Round 3: Buying Cilliers when he became a late injury scratching and having a bye player on the bench, benching Lam for Lowrey (13vs23), making Pretorius captain after his last two good rounds (4X2), keeping Mackintosh after two bad weeks (ran out of transfers).
In retrospect none of these moves seemed unwise and I can justify all of them on the known facts at the time, except maybe vdH who was a hunch. So, as a service to my fellow G&GR players, I announce my changes for this week. You should avoid making similar ones if you want to score well:
  1. Taumalolo for Cilliers. Big T will have a shocker this week.
  2. Ellison for Carter. I can't hold Carter on the bench till Axel wakes up. This means Ellison will have a shocker too.
  3. Pyle for Sharpe. This means Sharpe will stop giving away penalties and have a blinder.
  4. Henderson for Mackintosh. This means Big Mac will suddenly up his workrate and scoring and the Cheetahs scrum will grow three legs and pinch a couple of tight-heads.
You have been warned.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Is Taumalolo as good as his stats show? I am thinking about trading him in for this week but im not sure whether he has been killing the scoring just because of those two tries... Thoughts?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah I have had him all comp, and watched him pretty closely.

As you say his score has been greatly inflated by two tries, but he is a ballrunner who gets through a lot of work. I'm not sure I'd bring him in this week with the Chiefs having the bye next week. I'd get big Coenie who looked the goods against the Brumbies.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I haven't gone wrong with Sekope Kepu and WP Nel as my props. I've got Ben May on the bench as well, and he has been scoring quite well over the last couple of weeks. Props overall have really been racking up the points so far this year.

But when will Jamie Joseph stop buggering about and start naming his team earlier in the week? I'm getting sick of his total disregard for us fantasy players.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm probably going to regret this, but I have given diggers another run this week. I did strip Mike Harris of the captaincy though..

W

wilqq

I also decided to give Ioane another week, right now I'm considering whether I should give Messam, Pocock captaincy, or maybe Halangahu since they're playing Force..

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Alright gents, now that all of the teams are out I have finalised mine... Here we are;

Round 4.png

I am unsure who to pick as my captain. I was going to go with SBW but Tomane with a league background might be solid in defence and really restrict him here. Maybe Messam. Any ideas lads?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm probably going to regret this, but I have given diggers another run this week. I did strip Mike Harris of the captaincy though..
I've been gambling quite a bit on underperforming players like diggers and horne, waiting for one of these two to have a blinder. Have stopped making digby my captain though, that ship has sailed.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Eugh, I'm out all day so I'm having to make picks before team lists are finalised. I'm giving Digby one last week to deliver, would have meant three outside back changes otherwise. Tossing up between Beale and Poki for captain.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I reckon stick with SBW Joe. He had a limited pre-season and he was just hitting his straps last week. Reckon he could be in for a big game, running at Lilo and Tomane.

Tomane is a leaguie but this is his Super debut and I am hoping he won't cope.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
OK....my team this week:

Sekope Kepu, Sona Taumalolo (Jerry Yanuyanutawa)
Bismark du Plessis (Hikawera Elliot)
Josh Bekhuis, Nathan Sharpe (Phillip van der Merwe)
Heinrich Brussow, Marcell Coetzee, Ita Vaea (Josh Strauss)
James Stannard (Nic White)
James O'Conner, Ben Tapuai, Christian Lealiifano (Tyler Blyendaal)
Hosea Gear, Lwazi Mvovo, David Raikuna....I know, I know (Israel Dagg)

Confirmed my team last night cos I got burnt last week doing at work on my slow-ass connection and my changes weren't confirmed. Saw the news on Raikuna this morning and was just happy I wasn't expecting him to have a blinder anyway...LOL. I'm pretty happy overall though and I still got some good $$ in the bank for future changes.

As I keep telling the Chief fans who keep giving me shit about my Blues - the competition isn't won in the first 3 weeks!!

W

wilqq

Eh, decided to pick Halangahu as my captain, he served me well so far and they're playing the Force so I'm sure to pick some good points from him.

I wanted to pick Messam but decided to go with my initial choice since usually I tend to overthink stuff like that and end up making wrong decision.

Proud Pig

Tom Lawton (22)
Well this is a difficult week.
My four inside backs are all having a bye, Rene Ranger has been dropped by the Blues (he may be injured but I haven't read anything about it). I have Wyatt Crockett as a prop and most of my bench players have not been named.

Status
Not open for further replies.