• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
My selections for this week, after bringing in Higgers, Lance and Alexander.

Team.gif

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am stuck on two points:
1) Who to use on my last transfer? I have just $7k left after the first two transfers, and am thinking of ditching Lambie or Ranger for someone cheaper (although Ranger is back on the wing).
2) Who to select out of Stannard or White?

Current team:
Alexander, Ciliers, res: Crockett
Battleship, res: MacDonald
Horwill, Pyle, res: Power
Pocock, Thomson, Minnie, res: Fritz Lee
Stannard, res: White
SBW, Jantjie, Mikeymike, res: Hobbs
Ioane (c), Lambie, Ranger

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am stuck on two points:
1) Who to use on my last transfer? I have just $7k left after the first two transfers, and am thinking of ditching Lambie or Ranger for someone cheaper (although Ranger is back on the wing).
2) Who to select out of Stannard or White?

Current team:
Alexander, Ciliers, res: Crockett
Battleship, res: MacDonald
Horwill, Pyle, res: Power
Pocock, Thomson, Minnie, res: Fritz Lee
Stannard, res: White
SBW, Jantjie, Mikeymike, res: Hobbs
Ioane (c), Lambie, Ranger

Stannard is rubbish, I'd go with White. Looks like a pretty solid team.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Stannard fluked a big score last week thanks to the soft try against the Reds. But I think you're right, I just can't see him doing enough to score reliably.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Stannard fluked a big score last week thanks to the soft try against the Reds. But I think you're right, I just can't see him doing enough to score reliably.

He'll probably have a blinder this week. Also JOC (James O'Connor), because I dropped him, and Kahui, cause I moved him to the bench. Oh, and Fruen will have a shocker, because I finally bit the bullet and bought him - I was cautious early in the season because the last I'd seen him play was for the baabaas against aus last year and he was way out of shape, I figured he may have kept a bit of the weight on in the off season and would sucker a few people in. Well didn't I look the fool, first game back he busts tackles, scores a try, sends WeePoo flying though the air. So, these are my murphy's law picks for the round.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah I'd probably go with White as well. Will have a few opportunities for linebreaks against the Cheetahs, should be a bit more open than the Brumbies/Force game where he scored OK.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I gave Money Bill the flick this week. It seems the reduction in points for offloads will make him less of a dominant fantasy player this year (or at least that's the summation I've made after two rounds).

Annoyed that JC Janse van Rensburg is injured for ages. He was great value.

New team is:

1. Wyatt Crockett (off the bench this week which is annoying)
2. Bismarck du Plessis
3. Dale Chadwick
4. Juandre Kruger
5. Anthony Boric
6. Adam Thomson (C)
7. David Pocock
8. Marcell Coetzee
9. Sarel Pretorius
10. Mike Harris
11. Digby Ioane
12. Elton Jantjies
13. Beaudon Barrett
14. Rene Ranger
15. Patrick Lambie

Given that Harris, Jantjies, Barrett and Lambie are all playing 10, this team looks like it has plenty of playmaking options!

Hopefully Thomson has an absolute blinder in a losing side :D

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I believe Stannard will be the highest scoring player listed as scrum half this season. Provided he stays playing at 10...

Baabaa that team is awesome

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have been avoiding Jantjies as he burnt me last year. Perhaps I need to let bygones be bygones though. Think you might be right about SBW Braveheart.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I believe Stannard will be the highest scoring player listed as scrum half this season. Provided he stays playing at 10...

Challenge Accepted. I think Pretorius will outscore him, even with him doing the kicking.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

We have very similar tastes, don't we? Hopefully I can improve a bit this week, first two rounds were hardly disastrous but now it's time to make my move.

A

AlexH

I am pretty unhappy with my team for this week but there is only so much you can do with limited substitutes.

Props: Charlie Faumuina, Sekope Kepu, Dale Chadwick (Res.)

Hooker: Keven Mealamu, Callie Visagie (Res.)

Locks: Franco van der Merwe, Peter Kimlin, Hugh Pyle (Res.)

Backrowers: Adam Thompson, Liam Messam, Marcell Coetzee, Joshua Strauss (Res.)

Scrumhalf: Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Sarael Pretorius (Res.)

Inside Backs: Bernard Foley, Johan Goosen, Mike Harris (C), Isaia Toeava (Injured)

Outside Backs: Napolioni Nalaga, Digby Ioane, Israel Dagg, Tom Kingston (Res.)

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm not sure about Mackintosh too but I left him in, not sure how he'll perform against the Tahs front row. Also dropped Manu to the bench in favour of Brussow, don't think he'll play as well against the tahs pack as he has in recent weeks.

With Palu just announcing he's hamstring is rooted and he's not playing, I'm considering bringing Manu back into the starting side. What do you reckon? Or do I take a gamble on Brussow?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I was thinking the same.

I moved Manu to the bench and started Marcell Coetzee. Now thinking of flipping that back.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I was thinking the same.

I moved Manu to the bench and started Marcell Coetzee. Now thinking of flipping that back.

I've thought about it and my Tahs bias has lead me to believe that it doesn't matter who he's up against, if they're in a tahs jersey, he's fucked. Sticking with Heinrich.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hmm I'm not sure the Brumbies will carve up the Cheetahs as much as you think. Cheetahs scrum is handy too. Tipping the Bloem lads to surprise, currently have Johan Goosen as my captain. Hoping he will boot them home.

Cheetahs scrum was the most penalised last year I believe. Not saying that the Brums will carve but Nic White loves Saturday arvo footy.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cheetahs scrum was the most penalised last year I believe. Not saying that the Brums will carve but Nic White loves Saturday arvo footy.

That's because prior to this season, Saturday afternoon rugby is all he's had the opportunity to play!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Changes I made to my team didn't go thru for some reason so my trades are sitting on the bench.....PRETTY PISSED OFF!!

So Mvovo and Taps are on the bench while Carter and Raikuna are starting.....fuck me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.