• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
looks like it was a tough round if my 300 points shot me from 234 or so to 100 or so in the GAGR league. I had no time on friday to swap out Higgers and Hanson (the latter as my captain) so I missed out there. At least I had Tommy C in the side.

Props are posting big numbers this season - 30-45 a game for a good game. Benn Robbo breaking that rule though...

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Bloody hell....I am getting slammed this year.....thank goodness it's still early days!!​

Bulrush, If your team is all over the place you should consider using the wild card and replacing your whole team with the dream team Foxsports lists.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'd wait another week or two before using your wildcard, even if the situation is dire.

Two rounds are not enough to see patterns emerge and allow the cream to rise to the top so to speak. At the moment the top scorers (especially in the backs) have played one barnstormer and one quiet game. Which is the normal occurance? It will take a few weeks to see.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Bulrush, If your team is all over the place you should consider using the wild card and replacing your whole team with the dream team Foxsports lists.
Hahaha...not quite at that point yet mate!!

I'll be fine......bloody Blues have let me down in almost every way imaginable so far this year!!!!! LOL

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Looks like Fantasy Rugby this year is all about the journey for me, rather than the end result, I know, I know - thats loser talk!

A

AlexH

There are not real standouts in the outside backs at this stage and most people seem to be having trouble picking up points in this position. My outside back combination of Ioane, Nalaga and Dagg have had a relatively quiet start to the fantasy season but I think they have all proven they're in good form when representing their respective national sides in 2011 and, more importantly, during the 2012 Super Rugby trial matches. None of them have seen much of the ball this season as their respective teams seem to be struggling to spread the ball, particularly in the wet conditions of late, and have not had many touches on the ball or much space when they actually do get a hold of it. The reason I am keeping the faith with these players is that I believe their teams understand how devastating they are with ball in hand and will be looking to give them more touches and more space in the coming weeks.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I'll admit to not realising that the scoring had changed so much and so didn't give enough thought and effort to my tight 5.....fortunately I have $$ in the bank to rectify pretty easily....hopefully!!

A

AlexH

I'll admit to not realising that the scoring had changed so much and so didn't give enough thought and effort to my tight 5.....fortunately I have $$ in the bank to rectify pretty easily....hopefully!!

Its only really props and hookers that have been significantly impacted by the new scoring system. Scoring has not changed much for locks. If memory serves me correctly, the only change for locks is an extra two points per try and an extra point for playing over sixty minutes. Nothing really to write home about considering how few tries locks actually get per game.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Sharpe makes way for his lock partner in Toby Lynn who outscored him last week.
Apart from that no other changes yet other then Bekker to the bench for Anthony Boric.

W

wilqq

Not a bad week for me, especially with Hougaard red, JC van Rensburg pretty much not playing and Ioane getting only 9 pts. It was good idea to bring Halangahu as well as Kingston (although I wish I benched Ranger/Ioane for him instead of Lambie, should have thought it through better).

I'm gonna need a new lock this week since I have 2 Stormers' and Juande Kruger, also not sure who to start instead of Hougaard (I have Kerr-Barlow on the bench but was thinking about getting Pretorius).

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Stack you team with Red's players. The key is to stack your team each week with the team playing the Rebels. I did that with the Tah's and it shot me from 14th in G&GR comp to 2

W

wilqq

Oh I didn't noticed that they play Rebels this week, this makes things much easier.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Its only really props and hookers that have been significantly impacted by the new scoring system. Scoring has not changed much for locks. If memory serves me correctly, the only change for locks is an extra two points per try and an extra point for playing over sixty minutes. Nothing really to write home about considering how few tries locks actually get per game.

My locks scored -3 and 1.......I think it will make a difference for me

A

AlexH

My locks scored -3 and 1.......I think it will make a difference for me

Yeah, poor picks and bad luck will always make a difference. My point was that a good prop is worth more than thirty point per game whereas a good look is worth somewhere in the mid twenties. I know where I would rather invest my money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.