• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Can we please not do 'I told you so's on this thread?

It makes you look like a ... well I'll let you work that out.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Dropped Genia for T K-B. Genia seems to have entered that group of exceptional players, poor fantasy performers with the likes of Kaino, Conrad Smith, Carter, McCaw etc
Dropped Wulf for T N-W

1 transfer left which may see Rensberg being culled now that Crockett is on the bench. That or a new second rower, one that may score above 5

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
carter not starting and the reds playing the rebels has forced me to drop carter for Taps in my fantasy team. Hoping for big things. With Hanson and Higgers coming back into the starting team I'm not sure I need to make any more transfers this week - I'll wait and see how the team announcements go to make sure there's no surprises, but I may use the opportunity to clean up my bench. Theres good value around with a few rookies getting consistant starts and plaing well.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Also good to start preparing for the 3-way bye next week, the Crusaders, Bulls and Lions all have the week off.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
OK so here is my dilemma at the moment: I have $350K to spend on an outside back. Who do I pick? The guys I am looking at:

Andre Taylor (Canes) good player, should get a bit of space vs the Force which I predict to be a free-flowing game. But fullbacks can be unpredictable in fantasy, can score 50 or 0.

Nick Cummins/Pat Dellitt (Force) both had bad games last week but I predict they will do better coming home against an easier team. Both are pretty cheap, but which one do I pick? Or do I go with Nalaga?

Lance/Morahan/Shipperley (Reds) should have a good week against the Rebels. I don't particularly rate any of them as complete players, so I would basically be hoping they rack up a couple of tries. Not sure that is the most reliable option.

TNW/Robinson (Chiefs) had a great week against the Blues, Crusaders will be a tougher ask though. Not sure they will get the same opportunities.

The other problem is none of these players seem particularly long-term prospects.

Who would you pick?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would be inclined to go Cummins. He is fairly solid. Although he won't break and records will get you a score every week if you are looking for long term.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Lance is your man. the 12 channel was wide open for Tommy Carter last weekend against the Reb's. I expect Taps, Lance & Harris to cross over.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tapuai is a special up against the Rebels.

Nic White will carve the Cheetahs as well and Ben Alexander will get a thousand scrum penalties for his team.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
This is my team for round 3. Im going to have to slowly trade out non performers unless I use my wildcard.

Attachments

• round3.jpg
    round3.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 207

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Tapuai is a special up against the Rebels.

Nic White will carve the Cheetahs as well and Ben Alexander will get a thousand scrum penalties for his team.

Hmm I'm not sure the Brumbies will carve up the Cheetahs as much as you think. Cheetahs scrum is handy too. Tipping the Bloem lads to surprise, currently have Johan Goosen as my captain. Hoping he will boot them home.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Big Coenie is back for the Cheetahs.

I need a new prop, not sure whether to go for him or Cilliers from the Lions.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
With half an eye to next week....
View attachment 2074

That's a great side you have there. Im not that happy with mine for the weekend. I tried to stack my team with Sharks and Reds but I havent planned ahead so I have only ended up with 2 x Reds, 3 x Sharks... Also a bit of a gamble but I have left Mackintosh on the bench and stuck with Dale Chadwick due to the Sharks playing the Lions...

Think i should opt for Mackintosh?

Attachments

• fantasy.jpg
    fantasy.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 194

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm not sure about Mackintosh too but I left him in, not sure how he'll perform against the Tahs front row. Also dropped Manu to the bench in favour of Brussow, don't think he'll play as well against the tahs pack as he has in recent weeks.
Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 12.56.56.png

Status
Not open for further replies.