• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cave Dweller

Started 3 weeks to late. But since it is my first time playing I am looking to learn and have some fun with it.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Looking forward to having the 3 players in my team who played today scoring points for me esp JOC (James O'Connor) who is my captain, and has already scored 132 points with tackles yet to count, more than makes up for a miserable weekend scoring wise til today!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah JOC (James O'Connor) was fucking awesome today, so was Goosen. I only had the goose, but will probably get JOC (James O'Connor) in for next week as he should get a few opportunities against the Force.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah JOC (James O'Connor) was fucking awesome today, so was Goosen. I only had the goose, but will probably get JOC (James O'Connor) in for next week as he should get a few opportunities against the Force.

I had both, happy days! Made up for having Beale in my starting side.

Le Roux despite his yellow card scored pretty well too.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Haven't entered the G&GR comp but thank God for Goosen's 56 points, sitting 800 overall as a Reds supporter, 348 points for the round, 1280 overall.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
I might be on the rebound - over 400 points this round and up to 132 in the league. I thought my season was lost but making JOC (James O'Connor) my captain and having my two props combine for 80 points was a stroke of brilliance on my part :p

C

Cave Dweller

Props scoring high. I made them my captain and hope he scores a try

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
JOCsaved my ass this week. Even with having David Raikuna and Ita Vaea in my line-up, I still managed to go up a few spots.....slowly but surely!!

A

AlexH

The new scoring system is a little imbalanced. If you have picked a good prop you are probably spending about 200K and netting at least 30 points on an average game as opposed to the cream of the inside backs and outside backs who sit around the 400K mark and are struggling to to average above 30 points.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well sitting 20 in the leauge bit of a mixed bag this week my back 3 all struggled
Dom Shipperley - 2
Kade Poki -13
Patrick Lambie - 24and harris coming of didnt help only got 5 from him and what happen to Adam Thomson only 5 aswell!!!But saying that still scored 365 but will stuggle this week as the chiefs have the bye 4 of my starters gone.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Urghh... how did Adam Thomson only get 5 points.

What could have been a decent round was atrocious due to my captain sucking.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
He was very quiet. Between him and Digby being captain for the first 4 rounds they haven't helped me at all, if i drop him he will bag a double v the Brums. Digby outscored my 3 backs after i dropped him this week, won't make that mistake again.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
So, as a service to my fellow G&GR players, I announce my changes for this week. You should avoid making similar ones if you want to score well:

1. Taumalolo for Cilliers. Big T will have a shocker this week.
  2. Ellison for Carter. I can't hold Carter on the bench till Axel wakes up. This means Ellison will have a shocker too.
  3. Pyle for Sharpe. This means Sharpe will stop giving away penalties and have a blinder.
  4. Henderson for Mackintosh. This means Big Mac will suddenly up his workrate and scoring and the Cheetahs scrum will grow three legs and pinch a couple of tight-heads.
You have been warned.

I did forget to warn everyone I made Thompson captain for round 4. In an almost impossible to believe result he scored 5.

My apologies for the oversight.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
You got it 100% right on Taumalolo, though. Wish I had chosen him instead of Kepu.

I picked SBW for captain, and he was OK at 28 points. The playere that let me down were Harris, Thomson, and Mogg. Horwill and Alexander were very averageat 16 and 18 respectively, and the rest of my team were between 20 to 29 - not one above 30 (apart from the doubling for SBW).

Hard to have a great week where you don't get a star performer or two.

C

Cave Dweller

Point system is messed up. Top points scorer for all the rounds is a prop

C

Cave Dweller

He spent most of the game either giving awhile penalties at the breakdown or knocking the ball on
He gave away 2 penalties and 2 turn overs but he made 10 tackles almost twice as many as any other player in his team.

Jason Eaton also gave away 2 penalties and 2 turn overs

Status
Not open for further replies.