• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I just played my wild card. I need all the help I can get as the only guys who score any points for me are the Chiefs players. I'm looking forward to a better week this week even though the Chiefs don't play.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Had I kept Genia where he was before rather than moved him to bench in place of Nic White, and swapped Coles for Frier from the bench, I'd be sitting on top of the league!!!!

Hindsight being wonderful and all that...

A

AlexH

Sarael Pretorius is set to sit on the bench. That is going to upset a few fantasy buffs.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sarael Pretorius is set to sit on the bench. That is going to upset a few fantasy buffs.
yeah thinking the same I have stannard on the bench who has been scoring very well but having lost the kicking duties to Harvey not sure but serel is on thin ice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Could be a difficult week as teams start resting and rotating players. Already the Cheetahs have left out WP Nel and Coenie, and with the Chiefs on a bye (Messam, Toumalolo and SBW are in approx 25% of sides) it is going to really test your bench players.

If Foley drops Sarel and Dave Dennis it will really leave me in the shit.

A

AlexH

Here is my quantitative analysis of the 2011 Fantasy Super Rugby season. My input data include fantasy points, runs, tackle busts, linebreaks, tackles made, minutes played and player prices as at the start of the 2012 season. Output variables include points per extrapolated game (P/EG), runs per extrapolated game (R/EG), tackle busts per run (TB/R), linebreaks per extrapolated game (LB/EG) and tackles made per extrapolated game.

The purpose of this spreadsheet was to measure the work rate and ball carrying effectiveness of each of the 512 players. Obviously, you need to reconcile this data with your own knowledge of the game and qualitative considerations (i.e. current form) as well as the limitations of this analysis (i.e. the inherent flaws of averaging performance over extrapolated games) to draw any real meaning from all the numbers. I would have posted this at the start of the season but it was supposed to give me a competitive advantage in this year's competition...

Attachments

• Fantasy_Honey_Pot_2012.xls
    169.5 KB · Views: 278
C

Cave Dweller

I think they key is not swap around too much. If a guy scores low a couple of rounds he might hit big the next game if he's a form player. I learned that from football fantasy as I started scoring big when I left them unchanged

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think they key is not swap around too much. If a guy scores low a couple of rounds he might hit big the next game if he's a form player. I learned that from football fantasy as I started scoring big when I left them unchanged

Yeah, I usually try and go for guys with long term good averages.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

Agree. A couple of my mates learnt that this week when they dropped Digby - who I think still made the 'Team of the Week' last weekend.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Agree. A couple of my mates learnt that this week when they dropped Digby - who I think still made the 'Team of the Week' last weekend.

I can't see Digby's average from last year getting back to as high as it was with QC (Quade Cooper) around. QC (Quade Cooper) would always find Digby running a hole, having him truck it off the blind wing or putting him in space with his perfect long ball, Harris hasn't been able to do this. Also with QC (Quade Cooper) in the team defending at 15, Digby was getting through a mountain of work defending the midfield channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.