• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force V Bulls - 2011R10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Don't get too bent out of shape over Blue Toddo, that's his standard Modus Operandi. He comes into threads, accuses the opposition of being whingers and takes his pretend moral highground. It grows old but you learn to ignore it.

N

Nicolas Hart

Seriously, Force supporters are starting to become the most insufferable in the whole comp. The constant booing and crying over every ref decision.

I actually agree with this... and I am a Force member.

The amount of tantrums I've seen at games by Force supporters this season alone has led me to believe that we have a disgusting culture within our fan base. Some people might call these idiots a minority - but the reality is - before, during and after every game ..... people on a range of social media constantly complain about refereeing and I never understand why?

Mark Lawrence is a world class referee. His rapport with players is probably the best in the international scene; and certainly super rugby. He might have made a very harsh call on J'OC .... and I agree it was not the right call - but - I'm quite happy with every other comment and decision he made for the remainder of the game. He controlled the match very well, and was aware of every tactic known to man by each team attempting to exploit the referee on every occasion.

I even heard some people attempting to make reference with the fact that Mark is from SARU so must be favouring the Bulls? ... Another ridiculous and unfair remark.

I'm hoping that those "supporters" of the Force who in recent weeks have been highly abusive and aggressive to the players, the club and the referee will just piss off and take their version of support elsewhere - because - the namesake of supporters is to get behind your team on every occasion... not trash-talk them for 4 weeks, and then after a win pretend to be a fan again.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
He is not a Force supporter. If you look at the icon at the bottom of his post you will see he is a Brumbies supporter.

If, because of his post, you wish to make disparaging remarks about Brumbies supporters then go ahead.

It was not intended at him but a general perception of yes, Force supporters. I'll try be more explicit next time just for you.

Brumbies supporters are cadavers in comparison. Making disparaging remarks about them would be too cruel.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
It was not intended at him but a general perception of yes, Force supporters. I'll try be more explicit next time just for you.

Brumbies supporters are cadavers in comparison. Making disparaging remarks about them would be too cruel.

G&GR is mostly about sledging these days. It's a sad outcome.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
To be fair Shiggins did say counting the extra bye the Brumbies have had. If you give every other team the automatic 4 points for their 2nd bye, Brumbies would be 5th in the conference.

Yeah mate that is correct.

I'm getting tired of all the crap written on here about Other teams fans. I watch every game every week apart from some saffer games and make my opinion based on everything I've seen.

I would like too see a nz ref games like this one because it takes all the bias talk out of supporters hands. We had sa refs in south Africa and then when we get home we have another one in mark who is a great ref.

He made some mistakes but the main one too me was second guessing the Australian touchy for the bulls try. that doesn't help and only makes people think he is bias. Ive never seen such a thing in my life. But like I said a good consistent ref. If he gives cards for the JOC (James O'Connor) tackled that's fine. He does it in other games. Just because another ref doesn't we can't complain. All refs see thing differently.

I'm just happy with the win.

Go the force!!!!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
You mean where he double checked then said "good touch judging"? Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Mark Lawrence is a great ref and did a good job in that game in my opinion. Would love all supporters to back off refs as their first excuse for their teams losing. Teams need to take the ref out of the game first and foremost by playing smarter or listening to the ref. I think that blaming the ref is often the first and easy option and is quite frustrating to read often on here.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
You mean where he double checked then said "good touch judging"? Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Triple checked the touchy made his decision. Mark didn't award the try and then as the line out was about too be thrown he checked again. But still think he is one of the better refs around

Go the force!!!!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Again the Farce lot and the ref. Pretty sure you wont find refs in that neck of woods. Doesnt matter if they win or lose, either way they critize the ref on the day. Mark Lawrense have the best player managment and because of this tend to rather let the game flow and making judgement mistakes. Cant ask for a better one and he sure aint biased.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Don't get too bent out of shape over Blue Toddo, that's his standard Modus Operandi. He comes into threads, accuses the opposition of being whingers and takes his pretend moral highground. It grows old but you learn to ignore it.
Boet we are here a long long time ago and Blou sure is one of the best to have around. Should rather ignore you but just cant help myself here.

T

TOCC

Again the Farce lot and the ref. Pretty sure you wont find refs in that neck of woods. Doesnt matter if they win or lose, either way they critize the ref on the day. Mark Lawrense have the best player managment and because of this tend to rather let the game flow and making judgement mistakes. Cant ask for a better one and he sure aint biased.

absolutely no need for this mate, you got upset with Reds fans when the Stormers lost to the Reds, then again when the Bulls lose to the Reds, now your having subtle digs at the Force as well..

Humility isnt your strength is it?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
absolutely no need for this mate, you got upset with Reds fans when the Stormers lost to the Reds, then again when the Bulls lose to the Reds, now your having subtle digs at the Force as well..

Humility isnt your strength is it?
Boet you sure dont understand me that well. I congrats the Reds first thing after their win in my very first post after the match but I also show out your rant against the Stormers gameplan thread. That did not go down well and after our little schartch you PMed me to let go which I respected and you obvious dont understand this very well flaring this all up with this post.

Regarding the Farce lot, it all started way back after the Sharks match. This lot is so into watcging the refs in the matches totally forget their is actually rugby being played aswell. Possted it previous but like Blou pointed out they dont understand the rugby values that well. You cant control the ref whistle as a player but you can control yourself playing the way he ref the game. JOC (James O'Connor) know perfectly well he put his team in danger with that tackle and should have just tackle like the usual rugby one. What about start blaming your own players for doing stupid shite within the game rather then the ref who blows as he see the game.

But then they will never see it this way, not even in their wildest dreams. Like Grouco try to tell, this place use to be fun but not anymore after losing a few great posters who were like me and Blou founder members of this place. Maybe we should just flounce and leave it all to the ref moan arses newbies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Can we stop all this rubbish about getting stuck into each others fans? I'm bloody sick of it and am sure that if we were to frequent a Kiwi or Saffer board that we'd read just as many people making comments about refs and generally getting bent out of shape. For our Saffer friends on this board, whose company I am sure we enjoy, consider the fact that you are on an Aussie board and that there is going to be a higher concentration of Aussie posters getting passionate about their teams. Some of it is over the top at times, but that is sometimes the nature of fandom.

I've had my issues with the refereeing this season, but don't believe it has caused us to lose any of the games.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Boet you sure dont understand me that well. I congrats the Reds first thing after their win in my very first post after the match but I also show out your rant against the Stormers gameplan thread. That did not go down well and after our little schartch you PMed me to let go which I respected and you obvious dont understand this very well flaring this all up with this post.

Regarding the Farce lot, it all started way back after the Sharks match. This lot is so into watcging the refs in the matches totally forget their is actually rugby being played aswell. Possted it previous but like Blou pointed out they dont understand the rugby values that well. You cant control the ref whistle as a player but you can control yourself playing the way he ref the game. JOC (James O'Connor) know perfectly well he put his team in danger with that tackle and should have just tackle like the usual rugby one. What about start blaming your own players for doing stupid shite within the game rather then the ref who blows as he see the game.

But then they will never see it this way, not even in their wildest dreams. Like Grouco try to tell, this place use to be fun but not anymore after losing a few great posters who were like me and Blou founder members of this place. Maybe we should just flounce and leave it all to the ref moan arses newbies.

The total sum of your contributions is usually to waltz into the thread after the game and slag off the opposition supporters. Do you have any thought's on the actual rugby being played? Or do you just like to attack the other teams fans?

There was one particular thread where a few Force fans had a whinge, as we felt we had copped the rough end of the stick from the ref. But that does not give you carte blenche to continually come into threads and abuse/disrespect the opposition fans.

Because the SA sides have dominated for a while, you have a superiority complex, and anyone who doesn't agree with your views is immediatley wrong and a whinger. If you go back and have a look through the game thread I actually blamed JOC (James O'Connor) for lifting the player, and giving the ref the chance to card him. I and most of the other posters also commented that the ref had a good game, before we had even won, so it wasn't just being a gracious winner.

Your different view points on rugby are appreciated, but if your just gonna continue to troll us, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Agree with Brown Hornet. Though I'm not targeting PaarlBok but just the general conversation on G&GR lately.

G&GR is getting like the Roar, please dont let it get that way. I had one really dumb comment targeted at me just because I follow the Saders (not banter just downright braindead stupid) and it was enough to make me get out of that thread. I come on here because the contributions from NZ, SA & AUS super rugby supporters tend to be pretty intelligent and informative and I appreciate the info from those close to those sources I'm not but after the reds v tahs game this is well and truly the last time I post in a game thread. Rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.