• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force V Bulls - 2011R10

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tallboy

Loved it! Nice work Force boys. Some solid defence in there, well deserved. Not super pretty but can't take it away from them. Yewh!!!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Great stuff from the force but the bulls were terrible. JOC (James O'Connor)'s cards was terrible there has been so many good tackles like that this weekend and not penalized or carded. Penalty would have been maybe acceptable.

But I'm getting tired of almost having a heart attack every home game.

Once again. No JOC (James O'Connor) no force unless we get a special signing if he leaves.

Go the force!!!!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Was really impressed with JOC (James O'Connor) at 12, specifically his defence. Didn't shirk the workload, and put on the occasional dominant hit. That said the Bulls attack didn't really test the Force all that much.

Good to see the Force put in a strong last 10 to take the points at home.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
So announcing a team early in the week has a subliminal message?

You're talking shit.

Yes. In 6 years of dealing with yarpie teams in Perth never has the white flag been put up so early. The body language of the Bulls was, "I wanna go home" all week, including naming the team 3 days earlier than would normally occur. And now the Bulls are 17 for 17 in losing their last game on tour. If you don't think pyschology plays a major part in top level sport you are full of it indeed.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes. In 6 years of dealing with yarpie teams in Perth never has the white flag been put up so early. The body language of the Bulls was, "I wanna go home" all week, including naming the team 3 days earlier than would normally occur. And now the Bulls are 17 for 17 in losing their last game on tour. If you don't think pyschology plays a major part in top level sport you are full of it indeed.

Don't cheapen the Force's victory.

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Was really impressed with JOC (James O'Connor) at 12, specifically his defence.

He is solid for a smaller bloke. Olivier tried to get on his outside a few times and put the fend on him, but he just chopped the arm and took him down.
A deceptively strong defender.

todd4

Dave Cowper (27)

So we can't even be gracious winners?

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
We are 3rd now taking all the Byes into acount. 2 wins behind the tahs and a massive 19 points behind the reds.
The brumes are last.

Go the force!!!!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Fair enough. But that's not why they lost this game. How do you or I know the reasons for naming the team early? One reasons is that the team is blatantly bloody obvious. There is nobody pushing for a starting spot, such is the lack of depth.

The Bulls are at the end of an era. Some are old, some unable to adapt to the pace of the game, some out of form. Some just not up to it at this level (cue Dippenaar at 13. Almost single handedly cost the team the game in the second half becuase he was too slow to make an open try line and committed two stupid penalties, bith converted),

The management are failing at reinventing the team. The leadership is lethargic. Fourie du Preez made more mistakes last night than he has made in entire seasons.

White flag? You watch too many B grade movies I suspect.

But if if somehow makes you fele better about your team, by all means, have it.

Seriously, Force supporters are starting to become the most insufferable in the whole comp. The constant booing and crying over every ref decision. I understand you are 100 years behind in even a basic grasp of the laws of the game. Completely understand. All you had was aerial ping pong for the last 100 years. Time to catch up. Buy some books.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Don't cheapen the Force's victory.

Agreed. I never believe in teams losing. The Bulls were woeful but the Force still had to put points on the board, which they did. Well done Force. They have balls. Just wish their supporters could show some grace, but by now I've learnt that it's too much to ask.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Stop talking about force fans like that. There are thousands of us and how many do you know? Who are the most loyal fans in Australia? It's quite easy too see the force are. We don't stop going too games because the team isn't performing and we certainly don't boo the team.

We are not 100 years behind we have had international tests here for a long time and most force supporters followed rugby before the force started. I know I did and my mates did.

Go the force!!!!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We are 3rd now taking all the Byes into acount. 2 wins behind the tahs and a massive 19 points behind the reds.
The brumes are last.

Go the force!!!!

Nope, Brumbies are 4th...

And coming up against the Cheetahs this week... best opportunity they have for a BP win... even in SA...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think you will find the Cheetahs a different proposition in SA and with Smit.

Chauncey

Peter Burge (5)
A Punch to the head.....and still on the field!!!!

Well played Force. As an aside, having watched the game at the ground how is it that the Bulls loosehead prop - Greyling can full on punch the Force halfback Sheehan in the head in open play, in front of referee and assistants and have absolutely no action taken- unbelievable. Last time I checked it was an instant RED CARD offence. I am tired of the double standards on this type of cheap play. This clown Greyling should have been OFF the field for the rest of the game.

Citing coming up I am sure.......yeh right!!!!:eek:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Please.. it was an elbow to the head, bit of a nothing incident.

Knowing Sheehan, it was probably brought on.

todd4

Dave Cowper (27)
But if if somehow makes you fele better about your team, by all means, have it.

Seriously, Force supporters are starting to become the most insufferable in the whole comp. The constant booing and crying over every ref decision. I understand you are 100 years behind in even a basic grasp of the laws of the game. Completely understand. All you had was aerial ping pong for the last 100 years. Time to catch up. Buy some books.

He is not a Force supporter. If you look at the icon at the bottom of his post you will see he is a Brumbies supporter.

If, because of his post, you wish to make disparaging remarks about Brumbies supporters then go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.