• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Josh Phillips

Tough round ahead. I have done the math and to have maximum players actually playing you needed a full non-australian bench or of course, a wildcard up your sleeve. With 6 transfers and 8 players coming off the bench without a wildcard it is only possible to have 14 men on the paddock who are starting for there teams. Should be interesting!

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tough round ahead. I have done the math and to have maximum players actually playing you needed a full non-australian bench or of course, a wildcard up your sleeve. With 6 transfers and 8 players coming off the bench without a wildcard it is only possible to have 14 men on the paddock who are starting for there teams. Should be interesting!

That's why I ran with 2 non-aus centres this round

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
508, best week so far, and with 1 centre down. High scoring week, crazy.

Wildcard time.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The round that got away. Totally miscued my selections and could only field seven players. Still managed to score 323 on the back of try-scoring forwards.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

A lot of fantasy players who took the time to nail their strategy down left one or more of their overseas players on the field and took the hit. If you only did that with one player then you have to hope none of your players gets injured during the test period. Non test players will no doubt play club/region games that will put them at risk. For that reason I took a hit with two overseas players last round, which allows me one injury replacement. No doubt Murphy will intervene and about five of them will go into rehab!

Those who kept their wildcard for round 18 are at a huge advantage. If only I had realised how important that was back in round four when I activated mine to fix an injury disaster. Regrets, I've had a few this year!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I got 475 this round with 13 players (should have been 14 but McCutcheon pulled out).

164th in the round has pushed me up to 791st overall and 42nd in the G&GR league. My highest position all season.

I have my wildcard available now so hopefully with some smart choices I can continue moving up the leaderboard.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I've already activated my wildcard and traded.

Figured that the Aus players would drop in value quickly once everyone got around to it, so I did it all as soon as the round was finalised.

Just got some decent placeholders in at the moment; will update in two weeks time when SupeRugby resumes.

edit: my 508 last round moved me up massively as well. I went from (just) outside the top 1000 to 857th overall, and to 45th in the GAGR league.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I got 444 for the round. As with most people on here highest for the season.

I still have my wild card so it is going to have an outing before Round 18...

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The fun begins. So Bismark is back for the Boks, if he remains fit then he will come back into the Sharks. Which then compromises Kyle Cooper - that's one of my 3 upgrades gone

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Warning to all Fantasy players. While we are all Lions-focussed, the Fantasy comp resumes this weekend with the two all-overseas rounds. Don't leave it to 4pm Friday!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
426 for the round with 2 players not playing.

And looking OK for this week as well - hopefully I'll have all 15 players back depending on who gets selected in a couple of teams.....

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
If you didn't have Ben Smith before, then he's a must now - standout player across all internationals thus far.

brandlara

Frank Row (1)
Usually doesn't open until 2 weeks before the season starts but checked into pre-register last night and saw that it's open.

They have changed the Inside Backs position to a seperate Centres and Flyhalf positions.

I'll wait for one of the higher-ups around here to create the league and the H2H league as well.

nice

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Steyn is on the bench this week. There goes my injury replacement spot before I even start an in-depth analysis of what's available!

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Luke Watson out,

Benched so far
Morne Steyn , Read, Romano, Crockett, Flynn, Heinz, Fruen, Ranger, Mealamu

Status
Not open for further replies.