• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Steyn is on the bench this week. There goes my injury replacement spot before I even start an in-depth analysis of what's available!

Englebrecht on the bench too. Now down to 14 starters. Its all down hill from here.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ta'avao, Oosthuizen
Cooper
du Preez, Labuschagne (C), Braid (V)
Hougaard
Barrett
Ebersohn, Aki
Ranger, Piutau, Smith

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Luke Watson out,

Benched so far
Morne Steyn , Read, Romano, Crockett, Flynn, Heinz, Fruen, Ranger, Mealamu

ha. ha. ha. I have Steyn, Read, Romano, and Ranger. At least they're on their respective benches, so I'll have to leave them in my XV, praying they'll get on early. I may be looking at only 10 guys who are actually starting, 4 on the bench, and 1 zero. Will be an almighty struggle this week...

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Team for the week
Ferreira, Ta'avao (Henderson)
Fourie (Robinson)
Etzebeth, Luatua (Kimlin)
Labuschagne, Hardie, Braid (Fuglistaller)
Perenara (McKibbon)
Barrett (Godwin)
Ebersohn, Saili (Inman)
Basson, Pietersen, Smith (Foley)

Was going to have Ranger for the outside backs but NZ's most trusted decided to have him riding the pine, so I picked the most reliable Bull because they are up against the Kings :p

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Afeaki, Oosthuizen
Fourie
Luatua, Retallick
Todd, Braid, Labuschagne
Perenara
Barrett
Ebersohn, Aki
Piatau, Gear*, Smith* (* - TBA)

Res: Ferreira, Cooper, Thorn, van der Walt, Weepu, Steyn, Sadie, Ranger

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
At this stage

Ta'avao Oosthuizen
Strauss
du Preez, Lappies, Braid
Perenara
Cruden
Ebersohn, Ellison
Piutau, Smith, Guildford

Not sure about Cruden and Guildford - also need Highlanders to be named

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
totally slipped up about this round starting. did my wc 3 weeks ago and totally forgot.

dAaGmso.jpg

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Barret darn. Pulled the trigger on Cruden at the death
Fourie double darn. Pulled the trigger on Strauss at the death

Those two decisions cost me 132 points :(

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
A very unexpected 495 for the round, especialy since I had 3 guys starting on the bench! Best round of the season so far I think, and now just outside the top 300.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Picked Kruger (Bulls) at prop this week and he has established a record that I doubt will be repeated. He scored 8 points, but the manner of that scoring is what is remarkable.

He played for 80 minutes, thus scoring 4 points. He made one run scoring 1 point. He made one turnover, scoring 3 points. He played for 80 minutes without making one tackle.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they do the match review and put up the stats.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So I don't know how the finals rounds work in regards to the transferring of players, so I've just preemptively transferred in some players before their prices skyrocket.

James Slipper in, Pek Cowan out
Hikawera Elliot in, Kyle Cooper out
George Whitelock in, Scott Fuglistaller out
Jano Vermaak in, Will Genia out
Tom Taylor in, Kyle Godwin out
Jan Serfontein in, Mitch Inman out.

Thoughts anyone?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bairdy Coenie isn't 100% reliable, but better than alternatives like Schalk Ferriara. I'd go for Pauliasi Manu myself.
I'd go with Deon Fourie over Hika Elliot, he will be playing Openside so he will be more mobile and making more tackles, as hooker in fantasy those 5 extra tackles = 10 extra points. Plus, against the Kings he may well get a try.
I don't like Etzebeth but, like you, can't really replace him :p
Louis Schreuder is performing pretty well for the Stormers and they are also playing the Kings this week, I'd go with him at scrum ahead of Hougaard.
Aki and Ebersohn are both good, but expect a big game from Ebersohn tomorrow. He'll be facing a massive backline that will be running at the centres.

For finals, it's just unlimited transfers between the rounds. Sure, you save money this way, but really you only have 11 of the 23 who will be finalists, that will save you about 100k at most. A difference, but don't screw yourself over for it.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Bairdy Coenie isn't 100% reliable, but better than alternatives like Schalk Ferriara. I'd go for Pauliasi Manu myself.
I'd go with Deon Fourie over Hika Elliot, he will be playing Openside so he will be more mobile and making more tackles, as hooker in fantasy those 5 extra tackles = 10 extra points. Plus, against the Kings he may well get a try.
I don't like Etzebeth but, like you, can't really replace him :p
Louis Schreuder is performing pretty well for the Stormers and they are also playing the Kings this week, I'd go with him at scrum ahead of Hougaard.
Aki and Ebersohn are both good, but expect a big game from Ebersohn tomorrow. He'll be facing a massive backline that will be running at the centres.

For finals, it's just unlimited transfers between the rounds. Sure, you save money this way, but really you only have 11 of the 23 who will be finalists, that will save you about 100k at most. A difference, but don't screw yourself over for it.
Hmm good point about the money

In regards to my props, I had planned to transfer in P Manu or O Franks for Oosthuizen if he doesn't play very well in the next two words and/or if the Cheetahs drop out of the 6;

Hika Elliot is, in my mind, the bench warmer during the finals, with Stephen Moore to come in, in two week's time. Fourie or A Strauss would probably be next in line;

I would have transferred in Retallick for Etzebeth if not for a lack of transfers, and the sneaking suspicion that he might have a blinder;

Hougaard has been killing it at scrumhalf for me so might have to disagree with you there ;) I tossed up the idea of Schreuder, but just decided I'd have Vermaak there if Hougie gets injured, and before his price goes up for finals;

Might have to rethink my centres based on your predictions as well :)

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Finally settled on:
P. Manu, A. Ta'avao (S. Ferreira)
D. Fourie (G. Robinson)
S. Luatua, E. Etzebeth (P. Kimlin)
J. Hardie, P. Labuschagne, W. van der Walt (L. Braid)
L. Schreuder (T.J. Perenara)
B. Barrett (K. Godwin)
J. Serfontein, R. Ebersohn (F. Saili)
B. Smith, B. Habana, J. Pietersen (R. Ranger)

Was initially looking for finalists to save money when the time comes, but in the end doing that would screw me over now. In the end, only 5 of the 23 are probably going to be finalists, the rest are just good.

Next round the Aussies come back in. Will be nice to have Foley and Folau in the back three again, Waratahs have really owned the outside backs this year.

Let us take this chance to remember the amazing fantasy players of last year who didn't make it - Coenie Oosthuizen, Ben Alexander, Bismarck du Plessis, Brodie Retallick, James Horwill, Marcell Coetzee, Liam Messam, David Pocock, Every Scrumhalf, Aaron Cruden, Conrad Smith, Tim Bateman, Andre Taylor, Israel Dagg, Louis Ludik. Form players of 2012 that were not form players of 2013. Don't forget that next year, Steven Luatua and Ben Smith could be averaging less than 20.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Quarter of my team were Chiefs, no Crusaders. Projected total score based on scores so far = 200! This does not look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.