• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Seems like I should have followed your advice RoffsChoice as I scored poorly on the weekend! Is there an unlimited budget for the finals rounds or still the 5 million dollar cap?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Also, the best thing to do right now is pick three players you will have next round. Top 6 is locked up, order is not. Any team could be playing next week.

I've gone through the top 6 and rated players. E = Essential, G = Good, O = Okay.

BRUMBIES
Stephen Moore - E
Peter Kimlin - G
Ben Mowen - O
Christian Lealiifano - G
Henry Speight - O
BULLS
Chilliboy Ralepelle - G
Deon Stegmann - O
Dewald Potfieter - O
Francois Hougaard - G
Morne Steyn - G
JJ Engelbrecht - O
CHEETAHS
Coenraad Oosthuizen - G
Adriaan Strauss - G
Phillip van der Walt - G
Lappies Labuschagne - E
Robert Ebersohn - G
CHIEFS
Pauliasi Manu - G
Hikawera Elliot - G
Matt Vant Leven - O
Craig Clarke - O
Liam Messam - G
Aaron Cruden - G
CRUSADERS
Owen Franks - E
Sam Whitelock - E
Matt Todd - G
Kieran Read - G
Dan Carter - G
Tom Marshall - E
REDS
James Slipper - E
Saia Fainga'a - G
Rob Simmons - O
Liam Gill - G
Jake Schatz - G
Quade Cooper - G

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
But we have unlimited transfers for the finals, so why the focus on picking players for Round 20 who will definitely be in them?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Final team before finals
S. Ferreira, A. Ta'avao (P. Manu)
D. Fourie (G. Robinson)
E. Etzebeth, P. Kimlin (S. Luatua)
D. Stegmann, S. Fuglistaller, L. Braid (P. Labuschagne)
L. Schreuder (TJ Perenara)
B. Barrett (K. Godwin)
F. Saili, T. Ellison (R. Ebersohn)
B. Foley, T. Marshall, B. Smith (B. Habana)

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
205th overall
10th GGR

Was hoping to hit top 100 and top 5 for GGR, but sadly I think I am going to get butchered in this last round.

Between Romano, Luatua, Serfontein, Kings upheaval and the 3 Cheetahs I have, I am already down to 14 players. Now sweating on Sharks and Highlanders to try and limit the damage.

For points and next week I am thinking of bringing in Read for Du Preez, Retallick for Luatua and Aki for Serfontein. Suggestions?

Team at the moment is

Taavao, Cowan, Oostahuizen
Fourie, Cooper
Luatua, Romano, Uys
Braid, Lappies, Du Preez, Coetzee
Perenara, Vergallo
Carter, Godwin
Ellison, Ebherson, Serfontein
Pitua, Gear, Smith, Habana

Maybe Kimlin instead of Retallick - I think the Brumbies could have a big one this week

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
Final team before finals
S. Ferreira, A. Ta'avao (P. Manu)
D. Fourie (G. Robinson)
E. Etzebeth, P. Kimlin (S. Luatua)
D. Stegmann, S. Fuglistaller, L. Braid (P. Labuschagne)
L. Schreuder (TJ Perenara)
B. Barrett (K. Godwin)
F. Saili, T. Ellison (R. Ebersohn)
B. Foley, T. Marshall, B. Smith (B. Habana)
RC,is Ferreira playing?I had him before but the team list I saw did not have him in.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Ta'avo, Slipper (Oosthuizen)
Fourie (C) (Strauss)
Retallick, Bulbring (Luatua)
Braid, Coetzee, Dixon (Labuschagne)
Kerr-Barlow (Perenara)
Barrett (Steyn)
Aki, Saili (Ebersohn)
Smith, Gear, Ranger (Marshall)

Not very happy with the locks and centres but f-uped last round so the transfers were used by essential changes. Best I can finish in the regular season is 20's GAGR and maybe top 500 if the boys all put in and have a big game this week. They are ready to go and looking forward to the challenge so am quietly optimistic.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Because they're value goes up so you save money. 20k could be all the difference in getting the team you want.

Is the value increase dramatic? This is my first year playing fantasy. I figure once we know the fixtures for next week, I can start making transfers right away, before the values change too much, and keep transferring as necessary re: injuries and selection. My team value is 6.5 million, so I'm hoping that will provide some extra room as well.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Haha I'm not going too badly mate! 45 in GAGR and 1,160 overall, which I think is reasonable considering I've been figuring it out as I go to a degree. 246 from 8 players so far this week, so I'm hopeful of moving up a bit heading into finals if my other 7 can perform..

I've already started to bring in Cheetahs, Crusaders, and Reds just to have a base to work from.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
team.png

Potential team for this round. Besides Tom Marshall, there are basically no form outside backs. Scrum Halves are awful, of course. No confidence in the centres at all.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think most teams will be fairly similar this week with about 10 or 11 common players - makes the Point of Difference players critical this week.

My biggie will be Saia Fainga'a

This is my first draft

Slipper Franks
Fainga'a (C)
S Whitelock Kimlin
Lappies Gill Read
Pretorius
Carter
Ebersohn Crotty
Marshall Dagg Mogg

10th GGR
212th overall