• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I had a pretty good plan happening..... Until Hugh Pyle got injured & Ben McCalman got called up to the Wallabies.... And I should have know Nick Phipps would replace a winger in the squad....

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Of the Wallabies is it likely that Brumbies players will be playing this weekend, given they are the only ones in the picture?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Of the Wallabies is it likely that Brumbies players will be playing this weekend, given they are the only ones in the picture?

I doubt that any of the current squad will be allowed to play this weekend.

Given injuries to TPN and Higginbotham it would be incredibly surprising and somewhat ridiculous if Moore and Mowen were allowed to play in particular.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Round 16 had only one mistake - Peter Kimlin on the bench for Brad Thorn, otherwise it was as good as I could have hoped.
Score of 441 kept me in the top 1000 (my bonus goal of the year), brought in Henderson for Sio, Fuglistaller for Hodgson, Godwin for To'omua and (drumroll) Ben Smith Piutau.

This week I have 5 required transfers and 1 to spend as I wish. Woo!

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The rubber is about to hit the road for me. Got 480 last week and sitting 4th in the GGR, however.......

Had a full strength team last week, but this week will only run with 8 :( I could run with 9 but I'm going to strengthen next weeks team by picking one this week - will make sure I only need 3 transfers to get a full 15 in Round 18, and I can use the other 3 to make a full strength team. I am hoping the points I pick up in Round 16 and Round 18 count for the bath I'm about to take in Round 17

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
17.jpg

For once Foley is probably justified in delaying his team. Good chance i will not be able to change it around tomorrow so think these guys are pretty good chances.

Mmmmm... just realised there is only 1 Tah.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
For once Foley is probably justified in delaying his team. Good chance i will not be able to change it around tomorrow so think these guys are pretty good chances.

Mmmmm. just realised there is only 1 Tah.

Nice team, looking at 13 next week? Not bad all things considered or do you have a wildcard? How did you go last week - did you carry a few Australians in your team?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Had a few too many Aussies in my team last week but got 375 with 3 players who were injured (Saffy, Higgers, Pyle). Would have been a lot easier this week had Pyle and Saffy not been injured.

Still have the wildcard so hopefully good management will see me jump up some leader boards in the next couple of weeks.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I had planned to play 14 Aussies this week, but now with Pyle's injury, will have 13.

I plan to bring in Fuglistaller, Alcock, Fardy, Kimlin, Wykes and R Ebersohn, and not even bother with an Australian scrumhalf or second centre.

I should have 15 playing in a few weeks time, if all goes to plan

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I had planned to play 14 Aussies this week, but now with Pyle's injury, will have 13.

I plan to bring in Fuglistaller, Alcock, Fardy, Kimlin, Wykes and R Ebersohn, and not even bother with an Australian scrumhalf or second centre.

I should have 15 playing in a few weeks time, if all goes to plan
''

Have you thought about running 10/11 this week and having a full strength team from Rd 18 on?

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
No wildcard so I'm running 13. Will be well and truly fucked if there are injuries over the international break as 5 of my bench have been named in the SA/NZ squads. But if miraculously the bench is healthy come Round 18, 6 transfers will give me the full 15. Thought about only running 11/12 to provide a bit of cover if the bench guys do get hurt, but then my need for instant gratification took over. It would be nice to at least break 300 this round considering I failed to do so last round even with a full 15! First time under 300 all year, but still - POOR.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bah, a few injuries last week means that I am only running with 14 instead of 15. I had it all planned nicely too, unless guys like Saffy, Pyle, etc ruined my cunning plan. I thought I had two spare transfers, but miscounted and had just one.

Wild card to be played after this week.

Here's my current team with one transfer left:
Sio, Cowan
Ged (c)
Jones, Kimlin
Delve, Fainga'a, TBA
Alby
Godwin
Inman, Left Rightout
Woodward, Speight, Foley

Last position is probably going to be Alcock. Foley makes me nervous waiting to name his team, though.

Left Righout will be my star player for the week.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
OK....was pretty happy with 408 points for last week. My team this week is:

Cowan, Robinson, Henderson
Kimlin, Luatua
Hodgson, Fardy, Fuglistaller
Mathewson, Godwin
Inman, Treeby
Betham, Mogg, Speight

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Thanks to Hugh Pyle getting injured I can only field 14 players this week. Saving my wild card to get rid of all my Aussies for the next round.

I ended up having to choose between playing with one centre or one lock. Ended up going with Luke Jones instead of Tom Carter. I wanted to pick Kuridrani but I already had 5 Brumbies so I couldn't pick another one.

Team is:

Ryan, Robinson, Cowan
Kimlin, Jones
McCutcheo, Alcock, Fainga'a
Mathewson
Godwin
Inman, no one
Speight, Foley, Betham

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
So my team for the week:

Cowan, Robinson, Henderson
Robinson
Jones, Kimlin
Hodgson, Fugistaller, Fardy
No Scrumie
Godwin
Inman, Hayward
Speight, Crawford, Foley

14 this week & the wild card is going to get an outing for the next round....

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Compared to you guys I'm copping a serious reaming. No Wildcard

Cowan, 0
Robinson
Kimlin, 0
Alcock, 0,0
Godwin
English, 0
Foley, Betham, 0

Back to full strength next week. Hopeful for 250 this week and back to 450+ next week.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Plumped for Tom Carter in my backs in hope of a repeat of his heroics of two or three years ago when he was consistently a high scorer! Only got Pyle as the non player in my team this week with a wild card up my sleeve still.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Plumped for Tom Carter in my backs in hope of a repeat of his heroics of two or three years ago when he was consistently a high scorer! Only got Pyle as the non player in my team this week with a wild card up my sleeve still.

Ditto, for the same reasons. I'm hoping there is method to our madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.