• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Nothing yet, it will either be round 16 or 17 that they are locked up.

Except that the ARU is making Stephen Moore wear one of these for the next two weeks.

MAN%20IN%20BALL.JPG

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Untitled.jpg

Next week I think I need a halfback, centre, prop and lock. Other suggestions for the rounds of death much appreciated.

Benji

Frank Row (1)
Teams shaping up nicely. Id start Foley ahead of speight this week though!

Defo going to need a lock to cover Luatua and then Simmons when he goes off to play the lions. Think your transferring thinking is pretty spot on bud, only potential suggestion would be to get two locks now instead of a halfback and cash in on Luatua.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
So for those who have not finalised their transfers yet:

Ihave brought in Peter Kimlin for Andries Bekker. Only good thing about this is that we know Bekker will not play a blinder.
Higgers in for George Smith. Same with Bekker, we know Smith can't have a blinder.
Speight for Gear. Gear will have a blinder. So probably will Speight as he will be sitting on my bench.

Suggestions required for run on side -

Scrum Half - Genia or Weepu? Leaning to Weepu.
Fly-Half - Lealiifano or Godwin? Leaning to Godwin.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
My team this week. Have taken a couple of hits over the last two weeks. Not too keen to transfer any more Aussies in, otherwise Round 18 becomes a write-off and I think I would rather Round 17 as the write-off at this stage.

$137k in the bank
$1.7m on the bench
12th GGR
216 Overall

teamfantasy.png

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
transferred out bundee aki... I might start posting every move I make so people can do the opposite. Having an absolute mare over the last 3 weeks.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Went up the ladder in the GGR league but still forever behind. Was in the top 500 ranked for the round at one stage but got a reality check!

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm sorted for round 17 and 18. At the start of the season my aim was to win a cup match, that was met. New season goal is to finish in the top 1000.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The depth of the problem of round 17 is now apparent to anyone who has planned out the next three weeks. The Tahs are the worst hit - for instance - who is going to be the reserve prop? Chapman's injured so we will have someone on the bench (Atkins? Holloway?) who has never played Super rugby before and Skelton starting (!), the backline next week will be virtually unrecognisable with Barnes, Horne, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Folau all on Lions duty.

Well, I read Shak's articles and thought I had it all covered. But the complexity of the next three weeks is overwhelming because:
  • You don't know who will get injured and with only 4+6=10 changes available for the next two weeks, all those changes are consumed by changes you have to make just so you can get 14 people on the grass each week. Any injury to a member of your team is potentially life-threatening, especially if, like me, you are still in the Cup.
  • You don't know who, if anyone, will be allowed to play out of the Lions squad to ensure no team is left totally under-strength in round 17. Maybe the Tahs will be allowed a prop, lock, backrower and centre who have not been pencilled in to start the first Lions test but no one is saying. The ARU are probably waiting to see if the Tahs beat the Crusaders before saying anything but that will be a week too late for us Fantasy players.
Made a mistake last week in not changing out a centre that will leave me a player short for the next three weeks, but barring an injury disaster I will survive. I'm not in contention for honours anyway, just playing for pride and position. But whoever at Fox was the mathematical genius that decided only 6 changes were allowed for rounds 17 and 18 would have to be the kindergarten dunce. Eight was probably the right number, but the absolute minimum was seven!
PS. Coaches not announcing their teams on time certainly have made it even harder.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Having a little trouble picking an Australian outside back. I had originally intended to pick Cam Crawford or Joe Tomane, but with the latter's inclusion in the Wallabies, and also with the rise in form of Jason Woodward and Peter Betham, I'm dumbfounded.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Speight and Mogg from the Brumbies; Woodward from the Rebels; Davies from the Reds; Foley, Betham and Crawford from the Tahs

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I forgot to mention that Speight is indeed on my team, albeit riding the pine until round 17 because he hasn't been scoring well

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
OK.....had a couple of off weeks including a week I didm;t get any changes done which pissed me off and stuffed up following week cos I didn't get rid of guys who I wanted too BUT....here's my team this week. Any thoughts??

Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 12.23.34 AM.png

Benji

Frank Row (1)
OK...had a couple of off weeks including a week I didm;t get any changes done which pissed me off and stuffed up following week cos I didn't get rid of guys who I wanted too BUT..here's my team this week. Any thoughts??

Mate you currently have 2 players playing next week and 8 in total by using your 6 transfers next week. You might want to think about bringing in some Tahs,Force,Rebels Brumbies who aren't going to be involved in the lions...

Benji

Frank Row (1)
Speight and Mogg from the Brumbies; Woodward from the Rebels; Davies from the Reds; Foley, Betham and Crawford from the Tahs

Deans has said he could call up to 6 more people into the squad before the first test......I'd stay the fuck away from Mogg. All the rest good shouts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.