• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
My team composition is just a mess. Holding on to underachieving Australian players for round 16, relying too heavily on score per minute for my transfer selections, coupled with bad luck with seemingly ideal transfers; I don't think I can recover in time.
Is wildcard an option? If not, just aim to do well from round 16 onwards. Get the Aussies you need, have fun, be stupid on purpose.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Sitting ninth in GGR and 220th overall. Also still in the Fantasy Cup and 3rd in my cash league. However the last two weeks I've been really hamstrung with transfers. Most recent win was Luke Watson. However I haven't been able to bring in Slipper, Coenie, Treeby and a couple of others I'm after. Haven't bothered with transferring in Aussies for Round 17 because I am willing to take the hit in one round rather than degrade for 4 or 5 rounds. Wildcard went in round 3/4.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Assuming team lists aren't completely random, my squad this week will be:
A. Ta'avao, P. Cowan (O. Franks)
S. Moore (C) (D. Fourie)
S. Luatua, B. Thorn (S. Carter)
P. van der Walt, G. Smith, J. Hardie (M. Hodgson)
B. McKibbon (S. Pretorius)
B. Barrett (VC) (M. To'omua)
R. Horne, R. Ebersohn (F. Saili)
C. Piutau, H. Speight, I. Folau (B. Foley)

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Team I'm leaning towards

Taavo, J Slipper (Ferriera)
Fourie (c) (dud)
Luatua, Retallick (uys)
Braid, Cane, Lappies (Gill)
Genia (dud)
Lealifano (godwin)
Ebesohn, Ellison (oconnor)
Piutua, Folau, Savea (foley)

transfers
Franks out Slipper in
Watson out Lappies in
Anscombe out Lilo in

Next week

Franks out Coenie in
Gill out Smith in
Fourie out Robinson in

Watson will depend on Englebrechts availabity.
And Robinson will rely on how the new hooker performs or if he starts

Round 16 then prep for round 17 with Retallick for Pyle, Cane for Hooper, Ferriera for Aussie prop, Genia for White

Either way its a lifetime between now and Friday, nevermind another 3 weeks!!!!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The only think I did last week that was great was to bring in Inman. I also had Strauss as captain and brought in Folau.:

The rest was a disaster.
- I had Alby on 0 points in the halves (who was on the bench).
- I had Anscombe starting with Godwin as reserve (who got 2 points), JOC (James O'Connor) got me -4 points.
- I wasn't watching what happened to Labuschagne, and had Whitelock on the bench. No points there. In fact, I got just 30 points from my flankers (Coetzee and Quirk).
- I left Ferreira (in the team of the week) on the bench for Slipper and Cowan.

A sad 331 points for the week. Back to the drawing board.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Obviously this is all conditional on the XVs being announced, but here is what I'm working with:

Transfers - Steyn in for Anscombe, Serfontein in for Lance, Folau for Piutau. (Hate to give up Piutau, but I'm also committed to not picking too many players who are being picked in over 25-30% of teams just for the sake of variety. So one hugely popular fullback for another - Folau's in fine form and I suspect we will need him for Week 17.)

B. Franks/Cowan (B. Robinson)
(c) Moore (Cooper)
Retallick/Romano (Luatua) - torn here, all three are in good form - may bench Retallick
Messam/Higginbotham/G. Smith (T. Ioane)
Genia (Perenara) - another tough decision
Steyn (Lilo) - I reckon Optimus Morne will kick plenty of goals against the Highlanders and maybe even create some linebreaks for the likes of...
Serfontein/Aki (Horne) - Horne's in good form but I worry Brumbies/Tahs may have limited scoring opportunities for the midfield
Speight/Folau/Davies (AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper))

As you can see, I have 10 Aussies set to play in Week 17 already in the squad - and while this may have resulted in a drop in quality, I'm so far behind (79th in G&GR, 2,055th Overall) that it's a bit of fun to play guys who aren't quite as popular in the hopes of picking up points that others are missing out on.

Why has everyone gone off Serfontein? (He's only in 5% of teams now.) Concerns that he will be withdrawn from the Bulls to play for the Baby Boks seem to be unfounded: http://www.citizen.co.za/citizen/co...&sn=Detail&pid=146826&Jan-available-for-Bulls

Any thoughts of course welcome. Good luck to all.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Obviously this is all conditional on the XVs being announced, but here is what I'm working with:

Transfers - Steyn in for Anscombe, Serfontein in for Lance, Folau for Piutau. (Hate to give up Piutau, but I'm also committed to not picking too many players who are being picked in over 25-30% of teams just for the sake of variety. So one hugely popular fullback for another - Folau's in fine form and I suspect we will need him for Week 17.)

B. Franks/Cowan (B. Robinson)
(c) Moore (Cooper)
Retallick/Romano (Luatua) - torn here, all three are in good form - may bench Retallick
Messam/Higginbotham/G. Smith (T. Ioane)
Genia (Perenara) - another tough decision
Steyn (Lilo) - I reckon Optimus Morne will kick plenty of goals against the Highlanders and maybe even create some linebreaks for the likes of.
Serfontein/Aki (Horne) - Horne's in good form but I worry Brumbies/Tahs may have limited scoring opportunities for the midfield
Speight/Folau/Davies (AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper))

As you can see, I have 10 Aussies set to play in Week 17 already in the squad - and while this may have resulted in a drop in quality, I'm so far behind (79th in G&GR, 2,055th Overall) that it's a bit of fun to play guys who aren't quite as popular in the hopes of picking up points that others are missing out on.

Why has everyone gone off Serfontein? (He's only in 5% of teams now.) Concerns that he will be withdrawn from the Bulls to play for the Baby Boks seem to be unfounded: http://www.citizen.co.za/citizen/co...&sn=Detail&pid=146826&Jan-available-for-Bulls

Any thoughts of course welcome. Good luck to all.
I'm in roughly the same position as you, and ranked like in the top 2000 or top 2100 ranked overall.
For what's it worth, I would go with:
  • Bench Retallick
  • Probably leave Genia but both will do well I hope
  • Start with the former 2 centres, but Horne could be good for a solid 20-odd, because he doesn't neccesarily get his points from linebreaks and tries, but tackles and runs, and he will most likely be tested in defence by Brumbies.
I think people have gone off Serfontein, like myself, because of the bye that occurred, but I think he was only on 2-4% of people's teams before that. Maybe the JWC factors into it as well, who knows

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'm goooooone so will begin to punt on a few players. This week will be Jason Woodward as well as Higgers, Robinson and Pyle in the hope they can lift against the Stormers without the 'stars'. If that goes pear-shaped I will have de Jongh in the centres for insurance of sorts.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
RISK TAKERS - IMPORTANT NEWS!

Deon Fourie is the Openside Flanker for the Stormers this weekend!

Blindside I think. Is the risk because he's potentially injured? Or because as a flanker he may not have the option to rack up such high points? Just checking the difference between hookers and flankers

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Blindside I think. Is the risk because he's potentially injured? Or because as a flanker he may not have the option to rack up such high points? Just checking the difference between hookers and flankers
He's playing 6, which is openside in SA

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Opensides make a lot of tackles, hookers in fantasy get double tackle points. However, he may screw up in every other respect.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
By my rough estimation:

As a hooker he averages around 10 tackles, 10 runs and 10 lineout throws. Or around 40 points

As a flanker he needs to make 15 tackles and 10 runs to maintain the average of 40.

mmmmmmmmaybe I'll stick with Robinson

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Think of it like this - Flankers with a good work rate average about 15 tackles a game, Hookers with a good work rate average about 8.
Fourie has been hanging around 10, so expect closer to 20 from him.

That said, I'm still a Moore believer.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Ive had a hooker captain all year - my worry is that if I run with Robinson - Fourie will rack up 20 tackles (80 points before adding other shit up)

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm in roughly the same position as you, and ranked like in the top 2000 or top 2100 ranked overall.
For what's it worth, I would go with:
  • Bench Retallick
  • Probably leave Genia but both will do well I hope
  • Start with the former 2 centres, but Horne could be good for a solid 20-odd, because he doesn't neccesarily get his points from linebreaks and tries, but tackles and runs, and he will most likely be tested in defence by Brumbies.
I think people have gone off Serfontein, like myself, because of the bye that occurred, but I think he was only on 2-4% of people's teams before that. Maybe the JWC factors into it as well, who knows

Cheers Bairdy - good point about the source of Horne's points, but like you suggest: nothing to lose by taking a chance on a couple guys who could potentially score 40 given the shape we're in.

Yeah's it's hard to leave Luatua out - that game could be a right cracker.

I could easily be misremembering re: Serfontein - I seem to recall he was in 8-9% of teams at one stage.

Any bold moves this round?

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Opensides make a lot of tackles, hookers in fantasy get double tackle points. However, he may screw up in every other respect.

Hookers also get points for lineout wins, although it's only 1 point for each, and -3 points for each not straight, so I guess it's only really ever a maximum of 10 points or so

Status
Not open for further replies.