• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ged Robinson has been benched with Horie to start.

With the Brumbies on a bye that is a major pain in the ass. I'm going to have to transfer out Moore or Robisnon which I certainly didn't plan on.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Untitled.jpg

Tough week. 3 backrowers not available and had to get rid of Conrad Smith. Settled on this with one transfer left, probably use it to replace Reinach unless needed elsewhere.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No4918 - Ged Robinson has been benched this week which screws over lots of people. I also have Moore as my other hooker so I am forced to use a transfer otherwise hope he gets reasonable points off the bench.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Tough week. 3 backrowers not available and had to get rid of Conrad Smith. Settled on this with one transfer left, probably use it to replace Reinach unless needed elsewhere.

Mathweson and Robinson both on the bench. Would wait until tomorrow for finals. This week everyone will be running with Fourie as captain, and backrow stocks are going to be very light

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Deon Fourie or Kyle Cooper

Trying Adriaan Strauss myself. Cheetahs have easier opponents. I'm not sure that making Fourie captain is the best bet. If you've got Folau on your team, he's been over 30 every week since round 6 and he is likely to get plenty of kicks from the oppo this week. The huge upside is that if he gets another 90 as captain then if your other players average 20 then you are going to get close to 500. Now he's unlikely to get 90 but he could get 50-60 if all goes well. Fourie for captain is not a lay down misere.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Goddamit, of all players I thought they would be easy picks. The team lists aren't in the thread so took a guess. Thanks.

edit: have posted the teams so others don't make the same mistake.

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
Average round of 418 last week. Mainly thanks to Hugh Pyle haha!

Round 13 has been tough on my fantasy team with a lot of injuries and benching's but here is the draft team. As you can see I didn't have enough transfer to take Braid out as I had G. Smith on a bye and Labuschagne out. Just lucky it wasn't a 3 transfer week!

A. Ta'avao (BLU), J. Slipper (RED) / B. Alexander (BRU)
H. Elliott (CHI) / G. Robinson
L. de Jager (CHE), H. Pyle (REB) / B. Thorn (HIG)
W. van der Walt (CHE), L. Gill (RED), L. Braid (BLU) / P. Labuschagne (CHE)
W. Genia (RED) / J. Vermaak (BUL)
G. Anscombe (CHI) / C. Lealiifano (BRU)
J. O'Connor (REB), F. Saili (BLU) / R. Ebersohn (CHE)
I. Folau (WAR), B. Foley (WAR), F. Halai (BLU) / J. Tomane (BRU)

Changes I am considering and would love some tips here:

1. L. de Jager out for B. Thorn - theory here being that Highlanders will do better against Kings than Cheetahs will against the 'Canes.
2. Genia - could swap out for another SH however think he will do well against the injury riddled Sharks at home.
3. Anscombe - gut feeling considering my Genia comment would be to swap him out for Cooper.
4. Robert Ebersohn - swap for O'Connor or Saili?
5. Folau - swap out for another backline player - maybe a 'Cane or Chief??'

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Goddamit, of all players I thought they would be easy picks. The team lists aren't in the thread so took a guess. Thanks.

edit: have posted the teams so others don't make the same mistake.

No, but they have been posted here for well over a day now! I tend to update them directly to the blog as I see them, so it is worthwhile checking the blog every so often, as I might have posted teams there that aren't in the thread.

Trying Adriaan Strauss myself. Cheetahs have easier opponents. I'm not sure that making Fourie captain is the best bet. If you've got Folau on your team, he's been over 30 every week since round 6 and he is likely to get plenty of kicks from the oppo this week. The huge upside is that if he gets another 90 as captain then if your other players average 20 then you are going to get close to 500. Now he's unlikely to get 90 but he could get 50-60 if all goes well. Fourie for captain is not a lay down misere.

I have started running some numbers between Fourie and Strauss, and so far I am leaning the same way as you. Even though Strauss is more expensive, I am starting to think that he is the better bet if you can afford him.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Average round of 418 last week. Mainly thanks to Hugh Pyle haha!

Round 13 has been tough on my fantasy team with a lot of injuries and benching's but here is the draft team. As you can see I didn't have enough transfer to take Braid out as I had G. Smith on a bye and Labuschagne out. Just lucky it wasn't a 3 transfer week!

A. Ta'avao (BLU), J. Slipper (RED) / B. Alexander (BRU)
H. Elliott (CHI) / G. Robinson
L. de Jager (CHE), H. Pyle (REB) / B. Thorn (HIG)
W. van der Walt (CHE), L. Gill (RED), L. Braid (BLU) / P. Labuschagne (CHE)
W. Genia (RED) / J. Vermaak (BUL)
G. Anscombe (CHI) / C. Lealiifano (BRU)
J. O'Connor (REB), F. Saili (BLU) / R. Ebersohn (CHE)
I. Folau (WAR), B. Foley (WAR), F. Halai (BLU) / J. Tomane (BRU)

Changes I am considering and would love some tips here:

1. L. de Jager out for B. Thorn - theory here being that Highlanders will do better against Kings than Cheetahs will against the 'Canes.
2. Genia - could swap out for another SH however think he will do well against the injury riddled Sharks at home.
3. Anscombe - gut feeling considering my Genia comment would be to swap him out for Cooper.
4. Robert Ebersohn - swap for O'Connor or Saili?
5. Folau - swap out for another backline player - maybe a 'Cane or Chief??'

Wimpie is in the 2nd row this week - maybe not be such a high scorer
I would be swapping out Saili for Ebersohn - he's a tackling machine and is guaranteed 20-30. Saili is either 10 or 40
Not sure I would swap out Folau - he's pretty consistent
Luatua is the biggest hole you have - playing in the backrow he is pretty consistently one of the highest scoring locks
With Cruden on the bench Anscombe could have another big week

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Rebels benching Ged meant I had to start with one player on the bench as I ran out of transfers (Alby Mathewson).

Team this week is:

Ben Franks, Ta'avao
Adrian Strauss (c)
Pyle, Luatua
Messam, Cane, TJ Ioane
Mathewson
Anscombe
JOC (James O'Connor), R Ebersohn
Folau, Ben Smith, Piutau

The only reserves I have who are actually playing this round are Horne in the centres and Foley in the outside backs. I figured Piutau against the Rebels and Ben Smith against the Kings were safer bets than Foley against the Stormers.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Alternatively I could go Cruden, Cooper, Godwin, Noakes or Lambie.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm somewhat tempted to go with Noakes.

Slade certainly has a favourable matchup against the Kings. Noakes matchup against the Rebels is pretty good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.