• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
My team:

Screen Shot 2013-05-04 at 8.25.07 AM.png

Obviously Tamifuna, Masaga and Ranger were all duds this week but some good scores from Luatua, Robinsin and Anscombe are keeping me in the game.

Took a punt on TJ Ioane from the Highlanders.....this guy like to run a lot.....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Took a punt this week and made most of my backline Waratahs. McKibben, Foley, Horne, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau. Worked a treat.

I had Foley, Folau and Horne. Aside from Horne that worked fantastically.

I'm going to win my third cup round unless Fruean somehow manages to outscore Lealiifano by 131 points :D

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
482 despite not checking my team, Slipper was captain and Serfontein still in the centres.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some redemption for my awful round last week, back into the top 1000, top 50 G&GR. Was top 100, 10, but rebuilding is slow I guess.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
My two best players in Anscombe and K. Cooper were on my bench...
And I've pushed out of the top 1000 again because I'm the only one who doesn't have Folau in their lineup.
Onwards The Bairdy Bunch march to round 13!

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Don't know if this is the place to put it but if anyone is interested I made a superbru lions competition league called greenandgoldrugby

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Miserable 416 points because I moved house and forgot to change my team from the previous week in time. Had Pyle on the bench to top it off, and had Slipper and Dagg (who were both benched) as starters.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I have read the excellent strategy prepared for the problems in rounds 16-20 by Shak and I think I have my head around it, though I'll probably choose some different players. But the Pulveriser has said that the ARU will not allow players in the Lions squad to play those weeks, subject to some ill-defined caveat that if it affects semi-final places then some leeway might be allowed. I have some issues with this:
  1. Is it week 16 and 17 that sees the Lions' squad embargoed? If so, that will really mean we have to plan changes starting before week 16 if we have Lions' squad players on our teams (very likely).
  2. For round 17, if the Brumbies are allowed to keep their players to give them maximum chance of the finals but the other three are not, then selecting Rebels will be problematic as their team is likely to be substantially weakened and the likelihood that other players will score well in a weakened team will be substantially diminished. Similarly, selecting Waratahs with all their Lions squad out against what is likely to be a full strength Force outfit will be similarly problematic.
Have others thought about this? What are your plans to overcome this bias?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Miserable 416 points because I moved house and forgot to change my team from the previous week in time. Had Pyle on the bench to top it off, and had Slipper and Dagg (who were both benched) as starters.

416 points is miserable? I've only exceeded that twice in the whole comp.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm banking on the Wallabies being allowed to play all but the round where the Force host the Tahs and Brumbies play the Rebels.

I thought that was going to remain the case.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm banking on the Wallabies being allowed to play all but the round where the Force host the Tahs and Brumbies play the Rebels.

I thought that was going to remain the case.

I may have it wrong, but I thought the embargo was two weeks with the exceptions.

Are you going to fill up on Force and Brumbies players only on week 17?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I may have it wrong, but I thought the embargo was two weeks with the exceptions.

Are you going to fill up on Force and Brumbies players only on week 17?

I think you can only have 5 players per team.

Rebels players like Ged Robinson and Hugh Pyle are no brainers.

I guess we'll find out after the squad is announced on 19th May.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
This is the summary as the way I see it. Not sure that will be an embargo given that there is already a bye (2 week layoff) between the 8th of June and the First test. However if there is an embargo, I developed a watchlist of players I think wont be in the Australian team, but will be playing in Round 17. Of those I think there are only 4 at most that I would have in my team prior to Round 17 (remembering that the Force have the bye in round 16). Depending on how I am travelling by round 15 in my cash league, GGR League, Fantasy Cup and overall is how I will making my decisions.

Round 16 Sharks, Chiefs, Western Force byes
Round 17 8th June 2 matches between 4 Australian teams (no Reds)
14th June General Bye
21st June General Bye 1st Test Lions
Round 18 28th June No Australian teams 2nd Test Lions
Round 19 6th July No Australian teams 3rd Test Lions

The players I think will be available for Round 17 if there is an embargo are:

Pec Cowan
Nic Henderson
Ged Robinson
Hugh Pyle
Luke Jones
Ben Mowen
Dave Dennis
Matt Hodgson
Brendan Mckibbin
Kyle Godwin
Rob Horne
Mitch Inman
Bernard Foley
Henry Speight
Jesse Mogg

For what its worth their PPG score total is around (with Ged as captain) 390

For the must haves would be Robinson, Pyle, Mckibbin, Foley, Speight. The rest - meh.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
My team:

View attachment 3518

Obviously Tamifuna, Masaga and Ranger were all duds this week but some good scores from Luatua, Robinsin and Anscombe are keeping me in the game.

Took a punt on TJ Ioane from the Highlanders...this guy like to run a lot...
Dude Deon Fourie is a loosie playing as hooker surely he got to score every game!

Status
Not open for further replies.