• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
Just heard Anscombe is out... it's really screwed me as I've benched Lealiiafno due to the Brumbie's bye

My team this week:

James Slipper / Pek Cowan
Hikawera Elliot
Andries Bekker / Steven Luatua
Sam Cane / Pieter Labuschange / Luke Braid
Brendan McKibbin
Gareth Anscombe
Fancis Saili / James OConnor
Frank Halai / Bernard Foley / Isreal Folau

HAZZA'S BARMY ARMY

Bob McCowan (2)
BJ4mkzTCQAEsiM4.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I've gone with Godwin. Go you good thing!

It means I have enough cash to keep Lealiifano (and ditch my crappy sub instead) to save a transfer next week.

Hopefully the late withdrawal of Anscombe catches out my Cup combatant.

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
Thanks HAZZA'S BARMY ARMY

Undo transfers and a new team forward:

Slipper, Ta'avao
Elliott
de Jager, Pyle
van der Walt, Gill, Ioane
Genia
Cruden
O'Connor, Ebersohn
Folau, Foley, Halai

The Anscombe injury worked in my favour, as I would have had players off the bench in my starting team. Now I have 100% starting players and in keeping Cruden I was able to get rid of Labuschagne.

See you on the otherside...

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Given that the transfer deadline is after 3 in the morning here in the States, the Anscombe news came too late for me to do anything about it. And I had already used all my transfers and my reset, so even if I'd been awake, I would have been out of luck.

But on the other side, Braid on the bench - which forced me to use the reset - meant that I had to keep Davies in the XV, which worked out nicely. Can't complain, even though Anscombe's 0 looks mighty ugly (had Lilo on the bench like everyone else).

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Given that the transfer deadline is after 3 in the morning here in the States, the Anscombe news came too late for me to do anything about it. And I had already used all my transfers and my reset, so even if I'd been awake, I would have been out of luck.

But on the other side, Braid on the bench - which forced me to use the reset - meant that I had to keep Davies in the XV, which worked out nicely. Can't complain, even though Anscombe's 0 looks mighty ugly (had Lilo on the bench like everyone else).

Looks like Coenie is going to go for 60-odd, which is quite frustrating as I had transferred him in before injuries and benchings forced me to reset and prevented me from making changes in the front row BUT I cannot even be too annoyed because the Cheetahs are so much fun to watch as a (southern hemisphere) neutral. If any other team was down 20 points with 10 minutes to go, I would shut the game off, but with the Cheetahs you never know - and sure enough they battled back to score two tries and earn a losing bonus point.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Given Slade missed about seven kicks at goal, I think you probably need to consider some form of personal protection against rabid fantasy players!

Anscombes demise hurt me badly, I was flying when the news came through so I only found out several hours too late. With Lilo on the bench I was screwed! Anscombe has been an absolute gun for me this year, one of my few success stories. Not sure where I will find another 40 scoring fly half.

Strange week. Lots of people will have the Anscombe/Lilo blues (thankfully my Cup opponent does too). But Bieber scored lousy, as did McKibbin, Foley and de Jager. Lots of people will have them too.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Woo! I'm pretty sure I won my Cup Round. Only ended up with 350 points this week but it was enough. My opponent only has 304, although I don't think it has included his sub points from Lambie (as he'd selected Anscombe to start).

Who else is still going into the cup?

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
eeish. Had oconner in the centres, with Taps on the bench. Taps didn't get on the park, but I'd still be happy if they subbed him in as JOC (James O'Connor) got a negative score for the week. Add to this the Anscombe thing and I had a right shocker

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Didn't get my transfers done this week which meant I only had 10 players and 2 of them were James O'Conner and Ben Tamifuna who both had negative scores.

Bloody hell......

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just under 1000 in the last two games, back into the top 500 overall/almost back in top 20 for G&GR. I will recover.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think I might bow out this year. Pushed out of the top 1000 and now in the top 2000, not bad for first year playing but I shall come back next year a far better fantasy coach!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
There's still time! Push for the top 100! PUSH! :D
My team composition is just a mess. Holding on to underachieving Australian players for round 16, relying too heavily on score per minute for my transfer selections, coupled with bad luck with seemingly ideal transfers; I don't think I can recover in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.