• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The way things have been going with the Waratahs and their breakdown has all the cards stacked in Ardie's favor, whether he is able to capitalize on that (and whether or not the Tahs have actually fixed these issues instead of 'addressing' them) will be the deciding factor here.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ardie Savea is more of a linking, skillful and quick blindside flanker and does not really possess the strength over the ball in rucks like traditional pilferers. He was alternating between 8 and 7 in the ITM Cup if I recall. So Waratahs probably off the hook there

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
Finalised my team for the round. Fingers crossed that Mafi and Cowan are playing for the Force this week...damn late team namers!!

B. Alexander - P. Cowan (J.Slipper)
G. Robinson (H.Elliott)
B. Thorn - H. Pyle (L. de Jager)
P. Labuchagne - M.Todd - L.Braid (E.Quirk)
TJ Perenara (N.Stirzaker)
C. Lealilifano (B.Barrett)
J.O'Connor - R.Ebersohn (F. Saili)
H.Speight - A. Mafi - J. Savea (F.Halai)

Am quite confident that Lealilifano over Barrett and Pyle of de Jager are good calls though if any have some unheard information that might change this let me know.

Moore playing off bench made it tough and I had the spare transfer so threw him away...probably pay for this later on.

Hoping for a 400+ round after my last two have been under 350...currently sitting at 41 on GAGR Leauge.

All the best to those playing this weekend.

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
And just quickly - any hints for Captaincy? I am really being pulled towards Lealilifano...

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah hard to go past Lilo at 10 against the Kings. I don't think that game will be a rout, but he will certainly have a high involvement.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Just made George Smith captain this week, that should be a warning to anyone with him in their team he is now nailed on to have a stinker

EDIT: Just saw I won round 7 in the G&GR league, maybe people should include George Smith as captain and get on the back of my lucky streak!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Since I will be otherwise engaged tomorrow I have had to do my transfers early based on what is out & some less than educated guesses.

For those that a following my fortunes the following will perform badly since I have brought them in:
Ben Franks
George Whitelock (And to make certain that he is going to end in negatives have made him VC)
Brendan McKibbin
Hosea Gear

Ged Robinson has been named as my captain so he is most likely going to trip over on his way to the first scrum and be fately injured.

In other news:

Kade Poki, despite not being named in the Blues side, will score 100 points this week.
The only reason James Slipper is not going to perform well is that the Reds have a bye & therefore am certain he is not going to play. Same goes for Liam Gill.
Nick White, after making my scores look disgustingly ordinary for the last couple of weeks is going to have a blinder.

You can thank me later.

NO! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! :eek:

SFR, please undo your transfers and pick players who are not in my team! ;)

Except for Gear. You can keep Gear.

jackbill

Frank Row (1)
Hey everyone. some of you guys might notice me as team "shakattack" on the G+GR S15 rugby fantasy league. im currently 5th on the leaderboard and I feel I have a fairly good knowledge of rugby and even fantasy rugby. due to the lack of resources about fantasy rugby, i was thinking about making a blog about fantasy rugby discussing which players to add to your line-up and advising on transfers and all sorts of fantasy related tips and tricks. I was wondering if there was any interest on this idea on this forum and any feedback would be greatly appreciated! thanks and good luck this week.

HAZZA'S BARMY ARMY

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey everyone. some of you guys might notice me as team "shakattack" on the G+GR S15 rugby fantasy league. im currently 5th on the leaderboard and I feel I have a fairly good knowledge of rugby and even fantasy rugby. due to the lack of resources about fantasy rugby, i was thinking about making a blog about fantasy rugby discussing which players to add to your line-up and advising on transfers and all sorts of fantasy related tips and tricks. I was wondering if there was any interest on this idea on this forum and any feedback would be greatly appreciated! thanks and good luck this week.

That would be a great idea!

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)

Sounds perfect jackbill. Somewhere (not FOXSPORTS) where the stats are live-updated, there's solid discussions around injuries, form, benching etc. I'd certainly use that sort of site regularly..

ps. I'm coming for you jackbill (no.5). ;)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Was sorely tempted to use my wildcard this week, but held back. Just. The benching of a few players like Moore has been sucky for me this week, as has the return of Dagg from the bench and McNicholl's unfortunate injury.

Punting on Speight to go well this week. You'd think that I would learn from betting on outside backs.....but obviously I haven't.

The following are the players to avoid for this week (unless they are on my bench):
Alexander, B. Franks, (Afeaki)
Ged, (Moore)
MMM, Luatua, (Flip vdM)
George Whitelock, Labuschagne, Coetzee, (Quirk)
Kingi, (Pretorius)
JOC (James O'Connor), Crotty, (Taps)
Savea, Speight (c), Piutau, (Dagg)

Would've loved to have had Gear, Sam Whitelock, Lealiifano. Running out of cash now too, with just $180k spare. Carrying two expensive hookers is not helping.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Was sorely tempted to use my wildcard this week, but held back. Just. The benching of a few players like Moore has been sucky for me this week, as has the return of Dagg from the bench and McNicholl's unfortunate injury.

Punting on Speight to go well this week. You'd think that I would learn from betting on outside backs...but obviously I haven't.

The following are the players to avoid for this week (unless they are on my bench):
Alexander, B. Franks, (Afeaki)
Ged, (Moore)
MMM, Luatua, (Flip vdM)
George Whitelock, Labuschagne, Coetzee, (Quirk)
Kingi, (Pretorius)
JOC (James O'Connor), Crotty, (Taps)
Savea, Speight (c), Piutau, (Dagg)

Would've loved to have had Gear, Sam Whitelock, Lealiifano. Running out of cash now too, with just $180k spare. Carrying two expensive hookers is not helping.

Yeah defiantly look at getting rid of one of those hookers and even look at getting rid of Coetzee, not as good value this year.

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
Rob Horne or Ryan Crotty?

I've benched the wrong one each week !

This is probably the toughest call of the season. Though I'd probably be leaning toward Crotty.

Simply put the Hurricane backrowers like Savea, Bateman and Taylor are all solid defenders. And Rob Horne isn't the best holder off the ball. Also the Canes have history and the home advantage.

Similarly the Sharks are coming off a bye and are playing at home. Sharks always put in 110% at home. Though I think the Crusaders have more chance of putting points on the board than the Waratahs do.

With Crusaders beginning to fire, and Crotty having Guildford and Fruen on either side I'd have to go with him.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
This is probably the toughest call of the season. Though I'd probably be leaning toward Crotty.

Simply put the Hurricane backrowers like Savea, Bateman and Taylor are all solid defenders. And Rob Horne isn't the best holder off the ball. Also the Canes have history and the home advantage.

Similarly the Sharks are coming off a bye and are playing at home. Sharks always put in 110% at home. Though I think the Crusaders have more chance of putting points on the board than the Waratahs do.

With Crusaders beginning to fire, and Crotty having Guildford and Fruen on either side I'd have to go with him.
Missed the deadline! Stuck with horne . I wish AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was classified as a center !

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
Finalised my team for the round. Fingers crossed that Mafi and Cowan are playing for the Force this week.damn late team namers!!

B. Alexander - P. Cowan (J.Slipper)
G. Robinson (H.Elliott)
B. Thorn - H. Pyle (L. de Jager)
P. Labuchagne - M.Todd - L.Braid (E.Quirk)
TJ Perenara (N.Stirzaker)
C. Lealilifano (B.Barrett)
J.O'Connor - R.Ebersohn (F. Saili)
H.Speight - A. Mafi - J. Savea (F.Halai)

Am quite confident that Lealilifano over Barrett and Pyle of de Jager are good calls though if any have some unheard information that might change this let me know.

Moore playing off bench made it tough and I had the spare transfer so threw him away.probably pay for this later on.

Hoping for a 400+ round after my last two have been under 350.currently sitting at 41 on GAGR Leauge.

All the best to those playing this weekend.

..........Pek Cowan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.