• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Hosea gear as captain... fml never doing that again. Its like they forgot they have one of the best players in their team. He has to go searching for the ball and everytime he gets it, hes a massive threat.

Red arrows this week unless some miracles happen.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Highlanders back 3 all fire individually. It alternates between Gear playing well one week, Poki the next, Smith thereafter. So you just have to be lucky with them ;)

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
my theory is smith might give the last pass to one of them and thus get points > or even back up for an offload near the line> served me well so far>

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Same. I had Afeaki on the bench. Damnit.

I already had bad luck with Speight as my captain. He scored a try, then.....nothing. Typical. Sorry to all of you that have Speight.

Savea is off to a good start though. One week after I made him captain. At least this time I ran out of transfers so he's still in my team.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
no franks and no pek cowan is gunna cost me
sorry to say but im likely to follow my usual fantasy trend> having a few good weeks, get a great start, then have a bit of bad luck with players, some poor selection decisions, a few bad scores> then ill have a stink and give up

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
So freakn happy rite nw.....sitting on 486 points....highest for the round so far. Doubt I'll stay there as I have no players in the Cheetahs/Stormers game but who cares...my best week in 3 yrs of Fantasy Rugby!!

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Sio really hurt me but I didn't want to burn my wildcard to replace one front rower. Izzy turning into an awesome pick, it doesn't seem to matter how the Tahs are playing he looks like one of the few backs who can be relied on to cross the whitewash at least once almost every game.

Going to have a bit of trouble picking between Ebersohn/JOC (James O'Connor)/C. Smith as the season progresses. On current form the only thing keeping JOC (James O'Connor) in contention is the fact that he kicks for points. Smith is just class and very reliable for good points through his general play and then assists/tries and I see Ebersohn in the same mold. I actually really like him as a player so I might be biased. I think he plays some really excellent rugby at 12. That quickness and that vision/distribution, love it. I was nervous when Goosen was injured but Burton Francis has stepped up pretty hugely.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Currently on 375. Not bad for being a prop down and Alexander being poo. Also let down by my flankers and choice of Speight as captain. Should have chosen Ged, at least he is reliable.

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
372 for the round and I've moved to 51st on the GAGR league ladder. Had some poor scorers - Alexander, Perenara, Speight. I think along with Ash that the forwards deserve the Captaincy badge as they are far more consistent.

Also, noting the Kings form against Brumbies and their upcoming game against the Rebels I'm thinking we might see a few more of their players in our teams, no??

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
484 points - moved up to 5th in GAGR and 156 overall.

I don't have any Waratahs in my team so I don't actually have to use any of my transfers.....but I will...LOL

Some tough choices this week!!

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jesus, I wouldn't have guessed so many people had Cheetahs and Stormers in the team! Before the game I was 108th overall, now down to 484th!

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Very happy with 367 considering 14 men and a massive fail for Hosea Gear as captain.

Looking towards next week Sarel Pretorious came off injured after only being subbed on for around 10 minutes. Reports are saying he has a strained hamstring. I'm guessing he wont be rushed back and it could be 2 weeks.

Probably a moot point though as many will be looking to draft in , in form half back and arguably best in the world Will Genia. Coming off the bye he will be fresh and ready to go.

For the Hurricanes Vito (calf), Franks (back), Coles (hand) and Lowe (bereavement leave) all possibilities to be available. Looks like we will have to wait until teams are out to bring in some of these players as they look to punish the Blues. In form winger Savea will probably gain a huge amount of new investment this week so those on a tight budget might take the gamble to get him in early.

Dan Carter could be back for the Crusaders as they face the Force in Perth. Coach is being coy about whether he will return and if so, he may even come in at number 12.

Lots of good options for fantasy assets are coming from a wide range of teams. Only Luatua in this weeks Dream Team is in the overall dream team. Favourite from last year Adriaan Strauss had a very good performance over the weekend and is likely to pick up some new investments as well.

The introduction of the available to revert transfers should be something that all managers consider. I've used it a few times and I believe the best way to take advantage of it is to use all 4 (or more) transfers and keep some cash in the bank if you can. Late team sheets and rotations have caused many of us headaches, nothing we can do about late withdrawals but most sheets are released before the deadline.

Getting a jump on price rises will help you throughout the season, look to trim some fat of your reserves with players from the Kings, Cheetahs, Force and Blues. But try not to go overboard as failing to look ahead at Bye weeks can cause major disruptions.

Hoping to see some different teams as some old faithfuls are getting tired and rested, as last week shows there is talent everywhere.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Was sorely tempted to use my wildcard this week, but held back. Just. The benching of a few players like Moore has been sucky for me this week, as has the return of Dagg from the bench and McNicholl's unfortunate injury.

Punting on Speight to go well this week. You'd think that I would learn from betting on outside backs...but obviously I haven't.

The following are the players to avoid for this week (unless they are on my bench):
Alexander, B. Franks, (Afeaki)
Ged, (Moore)
MMM, Luatua, (Flip vdM)
George Whitelock, Labuschagne, Coetzee, (Quirk)
Kingi, (Pretorius)
JOC (James O'Connor), Crotty, (Taps)
Savea, Speight (c), Piutau, (Dagg)

Would've loved to have had Gear, Sam Whitelock, Lealiifano. Running out of cash now too, with just $180k spare. Carrying two expensive hookers is not helping.

So it was you who broke MMM. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.