• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
You weren't the only one....:confused:

I had my best score for the year (371) without any props - I might have even cracked 400 had I had two more. But I suspect that a lot of people would have been in that position because:
  1. They wanted to hold Afeaki on the bench over the Chiefs bye week.
  2. Ben Franks has been right near the top of the props scoring board all year (currently 3rd) and he was ruled out after the close of selection.
  3. Pek Cowan, currently averaging 20 ppg, was injured and not available for selection. The Force continue with their stupid mind games on team announcement. I didn't see any info on Cowan's injury and loaded my team just 3 hours before the deadline. At that time the Force line-up was still unavailable.
After royally fucking my Tahs team last year, Foley now seems to want to do the same to my fantasy team. Only solution is to not select any Force players and I will implement this strategy henceforth. That means no Cowan, MMM, Mathewson, Godwin and Mafi, who all have been part of my team this year. Those of you with more courage than I will recognise that these five players are likely to score into the stratosphere this week.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Might be worth investing in the Saveas if they are both on the field at the same time. They look like they go out to outplay each other as siblings do

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
449 and 17th on the round! Not sure if I got lucky or if I should have joined the comp on time this year ;)

Managed it without being able to replace Sio too, wildcard just didn't feel worth replacing one front-rower.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Finally made the 400 barrier but not past it yet, despite having the two Hurricane backs, Penenara and Bateman in minus figures, aargh!

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
What's the thinking regarding rounds 17-19? I've started trying to get my head around it and its like the Fantasy Rugby version of the movie Inception.

If you have a full strength team (no Reds either) in round 17 then the best you can hope for in round 18 is 14 players notwithstanding injuries, benchings, suspensions etc but it gets worse........

To have a full strength team in Round 17, also means that you would have had to sacrifice some international players in rounds 14,15,16 to bring in Aussies meaning you are dropping your potential best scorers. Or you could .......

Just run your full strength team with 3 or 4 Aussies right up to round 17 and then only have 9/10/11 players on the field in Round 17 but be back to full strength for round 18. This is the strategy I am leaning towards

Even having the wildcard wouldn't help a great deal, because you still have the same problems depending on when you use the wild card

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
My thinking is just have an Australian player for each position (Not Reds), two for the backrow and outside backs, and have the most important non-australians on the bench.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I wonder if they will give us unlimited transfers for those rounds......

348 for the week. I supose better than some other weeks.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
Had best week so far this season with 443 pts without Franks(left Slipper on bench for next week).Bloody halfbacks cruel you too - had McKibbon(don't all laugh,thought he might kick a few penalties),with White on bench.McKibbon 9 pts,White 8.Savea(the elder) was also on my bench!!

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Dan Carter has been sent back home from Perth with a hamstring injury, out for the game this weekend. Tyler looks like he will take number 10 again.

"Whatever happens at 10 for the Crusaders Kieran Read will not play this weekend due to his toe injury but hooker Corey Flynn will be fit to play as he has recovered from the scratched eye injury which forced him to withdraw from the Sharks match."

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
"Stormers flyhalf Elton Jantjies has been ruled out of this weekend's Super Rugby match against the Sharks at Newlands.
Stormers coach Allister Coetzee has confirmed that Jantjies will not be available for selection due to a knee injury.

Peter Grant is still out injured so Gary van Aswegen is expected to start against the Sharks."

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Mogg, Moore, To'omua, Smith are back. Finally I can fix up some issues with my team!

Brumbies to play Highlanders

1. Ben Alexander, 2. Stephen Moore, 3. Dan Palmer, 4. Peter Kimlin, 5. Sam Carter, 6. Jordan Smiler, 7. George Smith, 8. Ben Mowen, 9. Nic White, 10. Matt To'omua, 11. Joseph Tomane, 12. Christian Lealiifano, 13. Andrew Smith, 14. Henry Speight, 15. Jesse Mogg.

Reserves: 16. Siliva Siliva, 17. Scott Sio, 18. Fotu Auelua, 19. Colby Fainga'a, 20. Ian Prior, 21. Pat McCabe, 22. Tevita Kuridrani.

From 'Brumbie Jack' on this site

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
Heading away for the weekend, unsure of signal so have finalised my team for the round early. Hoping the Rebels and Blues name their teams ASAP as after last weekend I would like a full 15 player side!

If anyone has any hints/tips for me let me know ASAP also. Hoping for big points from my forwards this round. And hopefully TJ Perenara can score decently...though I doubt this.

T. Mtawarira (SHA), J. Slipper (RED) - B. Alexander (BRU)
H. Elliott (CHI) - G. Robinson (REB)
H. Pyle (REB), L. de Jager (CHE) - B. THorn (HIG)
P. Labuschgne (CHE), G. Whitelock (CRU), L. Braid (BLU) - E. Quirk (RED)
TJ Perenara (HUR) - N. Stirzaker (REB)
C Lealilifano (BRU) - B. Barrett (HUR)
J. O'Connor (REB), R. Ebersohn (CHE) - F. Saili (BLU)
J. Tomane (BRU), F. Halai (BLU), J. Savea (HUR) - A. Mafi (FOR)

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
Also - any ideas with B. Barrett playing at fullback. Whilst still the team kicker it worries me he just won't get much ball in hand apart from strategic position kicking which gets no-one any points!!

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Remember everyone - This is the round you need to do well in so you get into the cup. Expect your worst round ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.