• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Francis Saili is on the bench for the Blues this week so might need to adapt your teams accordingly if you have him.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Francis Saili is on the bench for the Blues this week so might need to adapt your teams accordingly if you have him.

Late comers to the Saili/Piatau party got little value. I was planning to drop Piatau and bench Saili before the team was announced.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Jacques Englebrecht is riding the bench this week for the Kings, just a heads up for all of those who have been exploiting the crazy points/cost ratio he's been putting up so far.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
I've been lurking this thread for a while as its the only place on the web I can find people actively discussing Fantasy Super Rugby. So hi everyone and hope you are not having as many problems as I am this year.

Everytime I transfer someone in they seem to get benched, become injured or they just dont turn up on gameday.

I read a rumor earlier this week saying that Stephen Moore will be benched to let a new hooker come in so take that into consideration. Obviously we wont know until the last minute as Mr White must have a fantasy team an enjoys not letting people know if people are injured or even starting.

Smh.com.au reckons 'Ben Mowen, Peter Kimlin and Christian Lealiifano' will also be rested.

Sarel is now on the bench as well in case any of you have missed it.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Also just heard on the radio that Sekope Kepu will be starting for the Waratahs this week with Paddy Ryan on the bench.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thanks for the heads up hazzaj and welcome to the boards!

So far there have been some interesting changes to the lineups, so my advice this week guys would be to wait until all the lineups are out before you sub players. Check out the team lists here.

I still haven't got back to that stats analysis I started a few weeks ago either. At this rate I'll probably have it out in time for next season!

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
All teams but the Force named, here's my lineup
B Frank, O Franks (B Afeaki)
J Parsons (S Moore)
B Thorn, S Luatua (P Kimlin)
P Labuschange, G Smith, L Braid (R Elstadt)
TJ Perenara (S Pretorius)
C Lealiifano (G Anscombe)
J O'Connor, P Jordaan (F Saili)
J Savea, H Speight, B Foley (C Piatau)

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Since I will be otherwise engaged tomorrow I have had to do my transfers early based on what is out & some less than educated guesses.

For those that a following my fortunes the following will perform badly since I have brought them in:
Ben Franks
George Whitelock (And to make certain that he is going to end in negatives have made him VC)
Brendan McKibbin
Hosea Gear

Ged Robinson has been named as my captain so he is most likely going to trip over on his way to the first scrum and be fately injured.

In other news:

Kade Poki, despite not being named in the Blues side, will score 100 points this week.
The only reason James Slipper is not going to perform well is that the Reds have a bye & therefore am certain he is not going to play. Same goes for Liam Gill.
Nick White, after making my scores look disgustingly ordinary for the last couple of weeks is going to have a blinder.

You can thank me later.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Should have read this before changing my team for the week, Moore was the one player i never thought to check. Haven't managed 300 for 2 weeks now and it doesn't look like improving.

P Cowan, B Franks (Afeaki)
S Moore (Elliot)
A Bekker, MMM (Pyle)
G Smith, G Whitelock, P Labuschagne (Quirk)
N White (Pretorious)
K Godwin (Cooper)
JOC (James O'Connor), C Smith (Saili)
B Smith, H Gear, J Savea (Piatau)

G Smith captain

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
Had to modify my team due to some players being out. Every week I think 'This will be the week to improve the team' but I keep having to make transfers because players are benched!

Ben Franks, Laurens Adriaanse, Kyle Cooper (VC), Sam Whitelock, Andries Bekker, Scott Higginbotham, Pieter Labuschagne, George Whitelock, Cobus Reinach , Kyle Godwin, James O'Connor, Rob Horne, Bernard Foley, Charles Piutau, Hosea Gear (C)

No stand out for a captain this week, tempted to go with George Whitelock. Really wanted to get in Conrad Smith but had to fix my outside backs.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ben Franks, Wyatt Crockett
Ged Robinson (C)
Sam Whitelock, Steven Luatua
George Smith, Lappies Labuschagne (V), Wimpie van der Walt
Cobus Reinach
Christian Lealiifano
James O'Connor, Francois Steyn
Henry Speight, Ben Smith, Charles Piutau

Time to crack 400 this week. LEGGO

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
OK..here's my team this week - thinking of bringing Ardie Savea as a 'wildcard' selection...hmmmmmmm

Thoughts??

Screen Shot 2013-04-04 at 7.12.34 PM.png

HAZZA'S BARMY ARMY

Bob McCowan (2)
Would be grateful for any thoughts on my team.

I had Vito but with his injury doubt I have gambled on Savea Jnr having a huge debut.

Locks are an issue though... Stormers, and Bekker in particular, were awful in the lineout last week. Surely they'll improve this week, but if there's one man in this years Championship who will capitalise on that weakness its going to be L de Jager...

And centres an issue too! JOC (James O'Connor) has been average recently, but at the Force he should have a big game. But every time one of my players should have a big game they fail miserably!

Attachments

• WK8.jpg
    WK8.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 196

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

I had Vito but with his injury doubt I have gambled on Savea Jnr having a huge debut.

Locks are an issue though. Stormers, and Bekker in particular, were awful in the lineout last week. Surely they'll improve this week, but if there's one man in this years Championship who will capitalise on that weakness its going to be L de Jager.

And centres an issue too! JOC (James O'Connor) has been average recently, but at the Force he should have a big game. But every time one of my players should have a big game they fail miserably!

I'd expect the Stormers to adjust and start changing up their jumping options a bit this week. As has been mentioned on these boards already they have far more good options than they make use of, or at least that they tried to use against the Crusaders. Net result might be Bekker getting less throws overall but a significantly higher completion % than last week.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Locks are an issue though. Stormers, and Bekker in particular, were awful in the lineout last week. Surely they'll improve this week, but if there's one man in this years Championship who will capitalise on that weakness its going to be L de Jager.

Huge call on Ardie Savea, he was very good in the ITM Cup last year but don't think he will come out and outpoint everyone else on the field. But happy to be proven wrong. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.