• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
And wouldn't ya know I had Genia as my captain until a few hours before kickoff :confused:, of course! Savea is definitely going to tank now, injured in the first 15 minutes! I can feel it.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
And wouldn't ya know I had Genia as my captain until a few hours before kickoff :confused:, of course! Savea is definitely going to tank now, injured in the first 15 minutes! I can feel it.

Waiting until after the Reds bye to transfer Genia in - I suspect a lot of people are doing the same. I've got Sarel at the minute and figure he might do OK against the Rebels, who seem to be in disarray. Didn't Genia look sharp last night! I only saw the first half hour (as it was 3 AM here in the States) but his passing was quick, accurate, and flat, helping to put the Reds on the front foot. In a year when scrumhalves are scoring poorly, Genia has to be the option. I'm hoping some people will be priced out or will have to reshuffle to come up with the 370-odd k, but I've set some money aside.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Waiting until after the Reds bye to transfer Genia in - I suspect a lot of people are doing the same. I've got Sarel at the minute and figure he might do OK against the Rebels, who seem to be in disarray. Didn't Genia look sharp last night! I only saw the first half hour (as it was 3 AM here in the States) but his passing was quick, accurate, and flat, helping to put the Reds on the front foot. In a year when scrumhalves are scoring poorly, Genia has to be the option. I'm hoping some people will be priced out or will have to reshuffle to come up with the 370-odd k, but I've set some money aside.

He's always been above average in try-scoring across the season for a scrumhalf too. He may not have a game like Peranara did last year but he is pretty reliable to score a try every other or every third game when he's on form, which he is right now.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
He's always been above average in try-scoring across the season for a scrumhalf too. He may not have a game like Peranara did last year but he is pretty reliable to score a try every other or every third game when he's on form, which he is right now.

Yeah a try now and then would be fantastic, just icing on the cake really. The main thing is if he keeps playing with this level of confidence, he's going to create linebreaks and make some breaks himself.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
Mogg's out. Shoulder
This is the second week he has been out and Foxsports hasn't listed him as injured! There really should be a way to compensate for team lists that come out after the transfer deadline each week. Or in my case players who are injured but are not listed as so. Perhaps average the points the entire team(either the team I have selected, or the team the player is on) and award the manager those points.

Thoughts?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
So I must have been way more drunk the other night than I thought I was and forgot to hit confirm. The result was Sam Cane staying as one of my starters and Hardie staying on the bench as opposed to Labuschagne starting with Cane on the bench as well as Conrad Smith on the bench with Ebersohn starting. Oh well, always next week! Making Savea captain pretty much sunk me anyway.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I've been rotating captain between Anscombe and Moore depending on their opposition, works a treat for me. Almost like the Pretorius-Messam rotation I had in 2011.

One game to go, but my only Waratah/Force player is Foley and he's on the bench. I'll get a few more points once they give players their tackles but only got 313. I regret not picking up Conrad for Jordaan or Gear for Savea. Then again, with the Highlanders back three, it's like one of them gets a good game, one is average and one is awful, they just rotate that.

I've almost hit upon my team for the season, just have to start lacing it with Australians once we get close to the Lions break. This week I'm grabbing Parsons, Englebrecht and Lealiifano, no question.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
This is the second week he has been out and Foxsports hasn't listed him as injured! There really should be a way to compensate for team lists that come out after the transfer deadline each week. Or in my case players who are injured but are not listed as so. Perhaps average the points the entire team(either the team I have selected, or the team the player is on) and award the manager those points.

Thoughts?
Really, it's in their best interests that people feel they are doing well, so I'd say change the transfer system such that you still only have the 3/4 a week, but like with tipping, you have until that team plays to transfer those players. Say you have Mogg and the team list has just come out and he is injured, you can swap him out and any other Brumbies, but say the Chiefs have already played, you can't replace the Brumbies players with Chiefs.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)

Thoughts?

That's the whole point of the bench and automatic subs. Why should other teams be punished for managing their subs to cover their starting team properly, while you get a free ride with an average instead?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Really, it's in their best interests that people feel they are doing well, so I'd say change the transfer system such that you still only have the 3/4 a week, but like with tipping, you have until that team plays to transfer those players. Say you have Mogg and the team list has just come out and he is injured, you can swap him out and any other Brumbies, but say the Chiefs have already played, you can't replace the Brumbies players with Chiefs.

You should be able to swap for players from the same team and position without using a transfer, in my humble opinion. In fantasy American Football it's called a "handcuff" and it makes sense as it's completely insane to punish someone because the starting running back went down during the last practice of the week or right before kickoff.

That's the whole point of the bench and automatic subs. Why should other teams be punished for managing their subs to cover their starting team properly, while you get a free ride with an average instead?

Because it's impossible to predict injuries unless you're either the goddamn physio for the team or the player them self so it literally comes down to blind luck as to whether or not you happen to be near a computer when the JW waits until a few hours before kickoff to announce Mogg as injured.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK. I have been giving my captain's arm band to the player with the highest Points Per Game. Perhaps I need to stop this. Sorry for those who had Pitutau.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
OK. I have been giving my captain's arm band to the player with the highest Points Per Game. Perhaps I need to stop this. Sorry for those who had Pitutau.

Kinda a silly stat to follow when sample sizes are so small. One hat trick could explode a player's PPG pretty easily with only 7 games played.

I'm actually very pleased with how my backs selections panned out but I would have had a lot more points if not for that transfer snafu and my inability to comprehend the scoring system before I selected my pack :p

It's definitely more complicated than Fantasy Football!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Another average week for me, only 300 odd points again. I really need to stop playing silly buggers with captaining a back three player and just go back to making the hooker or backrower my captain.

I think I've stumbled on my dream team tight five so just need to get the rest of my team in order. Looks like I might bring in B Franks and Crockett, due to Slipper and Afeaki having byes, and Faumuina out with an injury; and just round off my team with Thorn on the bench for Bird, and Flynn out for Moore or Elliot.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Kinda a silly stat to follow when sample sizes are so small. One hat trick could explode a player's PPG pretty easily with only 7 games played.

I'm actually very pleased with how my backs selections panned out but I would have had a lot more points if not for that transfer snafu and my inability to comprehend the scoring system before I selected my pack :p

It's definitely more complicated than Fantasy Football!

Yeah, but has worked pretty well for me in the past. I think that this year I am just running a curse.....

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Yeah, but has worked pretty well for me in the past. I think that this year I am just running a curse...

I'm pretty sure there's just been more 2+ tries for single players so far this season than there usually is. I mean there's been at least 3 or 4 guys who have bagged a hat-trick already I believe (don't quote me on this I'm ball-parking).

My lineup for this week: http://imgur.com/F2RdJiK

Status
Not open for further replies.