• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Finally got around to registering like I've been meaning to for the past two months, here's my lineup for this week:

P. Ryan, Scott Sio (B. Afeaki)
Hika Elliot (Kyle Cooper)
L. de Jage, A. Bekker (B. Thorn)
G. Smith, S. Cane, L. Gill (K. Read)
W. Genia (C. Reinach)
D. Carter (Q. Cooper)
R. Ebersohn, C. Smith (JOC (James O'Connor))
J. Savea, I. Folau, H. Speight (F. Halai)

Hopefully as it is your first week you have unlimited transfers still. The two tips i'd really make are:
1. Read is out for 4 weeks so I would replace him. Chiefs, Reds & Bulls have byes next week so avoid another player from that lot in the backrow. Maybe even consider moving on Gill or Cane.
2. Carter has not gone to SA either, I'd replace him with Godwin as Cooper & Anscombe have the bye next week.

Good luck.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Hopefully as it is your first week you have unlimited transfers still. The two tips i'd really make are:
1. Read is out for 4 weeks so I would replace him. Chiefs, Reds & Bulls have byes next week so avoid another player from that lot in the backrow. Maybe even consider moving on Gill or Cane.
2. Carter has not gone to SA either, I'd replace him with Godwin as Cooper & Anscombe have the bye next week.

Good luck.

Oh wow I completely missed that Carter and Read aren't going to be traveling. At least the sports column space here is going to baseball? The most athletic of all endeavors. Thanks for that.

I think I'm gonna go for Lealiifano instead, they have the Kings during the bye week.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Afeaki, Slipper (Cowan)
Moore (Elliot)
McMeniman, Bekker (Pyle)
Vito, G Smith, Labuschagne (Quirk)
Pretorious (White)
Cooper (Godwin)
JOC (James O'Connor), Saili (Burleigh)
Mogg, Piatau, Savea (B Smith)

Tough choosing an outside back to bench. Thought Cooper was worth the gamble this week, his place kicking is good and with Genia and Horwill back he is getting quick ball. Watch him score negative this week and Anscombe get 40:rolleyes:

Scored below average for the first time last week so it's all up from here.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Afeaki, Slipper (Cowan)
Moore (Elliot)
McMeniman, Bekker (Pyle)
Vito, G Smith, Labuschagne (Quirk)
Pretorious (White)
Cooper (Godwin)
JOC (James O'Connor), Saili (Burleigh)
Mogg, Piatau, Savea (B Smith)

Tough choosing an outside back to bench. Thought Cooper was worth the gamble this week, his place kicking is good and with Genia and Horwill back he is getting quick ball. Watch him score negative this week and Anscombe get 40:rolleyes:

Scored below average for the first time last week so it's all up from here.
You better bench Savea because I made him captain and my captains don't often do well ;)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
You better bench Savea because I made him captain and my captains don't often do well ;)

Me too, if only they weren't playing the Kings. That was my main point of difference between he & Ben Smith, a tactic that has backfired in the past.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Here's my team for the week.....unless there are some major changes in the Brumbies line-up or something...

I know I have a heavy reliance on the Blues in my back line but I struggle to pick with my head over my heart!!

Screen Shot 2013-03-29 at 8.26.04 AM.png

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Here's my team for the week...unless there are some major changes in the Brumbies line-up or something.

I know I have a heavy reliance on the Blues in my back line but I struggle to pick with my head over my heart!!

View attachment 3372
Savea for Halai, Anscombe for Lealiifano, Moore for Robinson. Otherwise, all good from where I'm sitting!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'm going to hold off playing Conrad Smith. They don't really need him for this week.

There are a number of players bracketed for the match such as TJ Perenara who has a calf strain and captain Conrad Smith who is struggling with a bruised heel.
Both players will need to pass a fitness test on Thursday before they can be confirmed in the team.
If TJ Perenara fails a fitness test Chris Smylie will move up from the replacements bench.
If Smylie moves up to the starting line up then Samisoni Fisilau will be in line to make his debut off the bench.
Should Conrad Smith fail his fitness test then Alapati Leiua will take his place in the starting line up and Matt Proctor is on standy to come on to the bench.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Playing the wildcard in week 2 is really restricting me at the moment. Managed to bring in Barrett and Savea (captain) this week. Hopefully they can do some damage and get my season back on track!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Three of the four sides yet to name their teams for the weekend are Australian. The Force (of course), the Brumbies and the Waratahs. Means we are picking in the dark with about 6 hours to go.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
This is the team I am going with. Not too worried about the byes next week as I have strong replacements on the bench, plus the four transfers. Was trying to get Ben Smith in the outside backs, and maybe George Smith in the backrow but the $ didn't add up. Maybe next week

Should I go with Anscombe or Lealiifano to start this week?

Untitled.jpg

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
This is the team I am going with. Not too worried about the byes next week as I have strong replacements on the bench, plus the four transfers. Was trying to get Ben Smith in the outside backs, and maybe George Smith in the backrow but the $ didn't add up. Maybe next week

View attachment 3373
Chiefs will be getting more points from penalties than tries and Anscombe is their kicker. The Bulls run the ball until they get a penalty and they love the 10-12 channel, Lealiifano is a great tackler.

Do you expect more points from kicking of tackling? I'm leaning towards Anscombe.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

View attachment 3373

If Mogg doesn't play you are down an outside back with Poki also out. White usually gets the team out early in the week so I'm a bit concerned about the dealy.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Slipper, Afeaki
Moore
MMM, Luatua
Messam, Labuschagne, Quirk
Pretorius
Anscombe
JOC (James O'Connor), Taps
Savea (c), Piuatau, Dagg

Savea is my captain. You have been warned.

I have some issues for next week due to the high amount of Chiefs and Reds in my team.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
can anyone tell me if
Marcell Coetzee is injured? is he gunna miss next week? (bye this week)

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
can anyone tell me if
Marcell Coetzee is injured? is he gunna miss next week? (bye this week)

Yeah I was curious about this as well - on the FSA Fantasy site it says he has concussion, but couldn't find any further information on the Saffer rugby sites, Google news search, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.