• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
My second best scoring player of the week was JOC (James O'Connor). Good thing I had him on my bench!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
How can I only have got 312 for the round yet have 9 of the dream team in my side?

Oh that's right, TNW as captain & F Hougaard as VC. Blah!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
How can I only have got 312 for the round yet have 9 of the dream team in my side?

Oh that's right, TNW as captain & F Hougaard as VC. Blah!

After putting in hours of work trying to get the stars to align with my team sheet, I managed to get just two dream-teamers last week. Next week I think a team list and a dartboard are in order.

One thing I do know. Goosen, my soon to be ex-captain, is not a shadow of the player he was last year. Now watch him go 60+.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Any captaincy ideas this week? The top score from my captain so far has been a mighty 12 points

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think I'll go for Anscombe with Moore as VC. Moore probably won't score too well against a free-running Tahs, but might. You never know with him.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
So, just to give you a heads up. I have selected JOC (James O'Connor) this week. So if you have him you might want to trade him out for some one that will get you a return. As with Ben Afeaki & Luke Braid......

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think I'll go for Anscombe with Moore as VC. Moore probably won't score too well against a free-running Tahs, but might. You never know with him.

I actually find Moore one of the most dependable players. As he has a high workload, he tends to score a lot of points and score consistently throughout the season. I have found that Moore, Messam or Coetzee make for pretty good captains as they will constantly score you points.

However, this can be construed as reasonably conservative. A more enterprising player would tend to estimate who will score a ton of points in a round, and then choose their skipper accordingly. Great when it hits, but I find that tactic tends to miss the mark a lot.

So, my advice would be to select your most consistent point scorer as captain. Remember, it is a marathon, not a sprint!

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I actually find Moore one of the most dependable players. As he has a high workload, he tends to score a lot of points and score consistently throughout the season. I have found that Moore, Messam or Coetzee make for pretty good captains as they will constantly score you points.

My idea here is that the Waratahs seem to be going for this never-get-tackled-offload-always strategy, and Moore gets about 20 of his points from tackling every week. He'll be my captain next week, because the Sharks are very powerful in the breakdown and won't be too fussed to be tackled. I just don't know about this week.

On the point of Messam though, surely we learnt last year that he is a 50 points one week, 2 the next kind of guy?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not really. In the two games Messam has played so far, he has scored 28 and 34. Not the highest scores by any means, but still consistent. I will be interested how he scores over the next few rounds. Particularly as I will then be able to track how he is trending.

At the moment he should be a safe bet as a starter. I concede that he may not be captain material just yet based on his current returns, but I am confident that he will be soon.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
OK....whaddayarekon?? I know I got a lot of Blues and Rebels but I think I have them all covered via bench and next weeks transfers.....I think....
Screen Shot 2013-03-07 at 8.18.35 PM.png

*Fuck,,,,just seen that Hougaard's been named on the bench. And I've used my cancel for this week.....:(

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
OK..whaddayarekon?? I know I got a lot of Blues and Rebels but I think I have them all covered via bench and next weeks transfers...I think..View attachment 3273

*Fuck,,,,just seen that Hougaard's been named on the bench. And I've used my cancel for this week...:(
Sorry about that :S Hall was impressive against the Crusaders, maybe hope for him?

Remember that most of your points will come from the Hooker, Fly Half, Backrow and Outside Backs. To this end, why not look towards taking money away from Locks and Props and move it towards Backrow? Messam, Pocock or Braid?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The top-scoring forwards have been pretty even so far this year I reckon. I haven't spent massive dollars in the tight 5 either - still have $380k in the bank which I might need next week.

The only thing that gives me any comfort about Hougaard is that half-backs have been scoring bugger all.....

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Probably going to be a few caught out with Hougaard. Good side otherwise Bullrush, hope your on the ball with the transfers next week.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
Here's my team. I had a tough time deciding on Moore vs Robinson at hooker and Jones vs Pyle at Lock. Also I wanted to ditch Quirk to the bench and get Gill in there. I have the money but not enough transfers. Conrad Smith I wouldn't mind losing as well.

4.jpg

chrish

Frank Row (1)
My idea here is that the Waratahs seem to be going for this never-get-tackled-offload-always strategy, and Moore gets about 20 of his points from tackling every week. He'll be my captain next week, because the Sharks are very powerful in the breakdown and won't be too fussed to be tackled. I just don't know about this week.

Maybe they are but it's not affecting the points. So far props have scored 37 and 45 pts against the Waratahs. Also the average across the forwards for teams playing against the Tahs is 21 and the average forwards score across all teams is 20.

Also tackles wise the average forward tackles per game is 9.34 and for forwards playing the Tahs its 9.5.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
First time this season I haven't had to spend all my trades to get a good 15 on the pitch. Hougaard to White probably and trying to work out the other 2 trades.

It Is Known

Bob McCowan (2)
First time this season I haven't had to spend all my trades to get a good 15 on the pitch. Hougaard to White probably and trying to work out the other 2 trades.

Well done! I think I'm almost getting to that stage. Here's my team for the week. Not feeling all that confident :S Any suggestions for next week?
Picture 1.jpg

Congrats on the no.1 spot as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.