• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Cruden kicked 43 conversions and 50 penalties last years.Thats 236 points.He scored 535 points total.

That's 44% of points he's losing with Anscombe goalkicking.

Where was it reported that Anscombe will be kicking? I know he kicked in the trials, but I dont think Cruden played a lot?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Faumuina is a good pick. He and The Beast are the best value at prop.

Was torn between Saili or Fritz for the Chiefs as both guys are cheap and score pretty well.

Looks like we are on Team Savea and hope we go better than Team Taylor.

I am surprised Saili was only at $150k, reckon he's worth a bit more than that. Big ball-running 8, should score well. Same with Lee.

Yeah I agonised over the Savea vs Taylor decision. I love Andre but Savea is a star, it just depends how often he gets his hands on the ball. Also I heard a rumour that Taylor might be kicking, which I now hope is untrue!

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Cruden kicked 43 conversions and 50 penalties last years.Thats 236 points.He scored 535 points total.

Fair deuce, I've got him riding the pine this week anyway. I'll see how he plays this weekend and then make my mind up on him. I'll probably swap him with Goosen at some point.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Where was it reported that Anscombe will be kicking? I know he kicked in the trials, but I dont think Cruden played a lot?

Well in the trial when both Anscombe and Cruden started Anscombe kicked. In the trial when Cruden started and Anscombe was on the bench, Cruden kicked. Anscombe named at fullback this week.

So we don't know for sure. But as I said, at 432K it's a bit of a gamble don't you think?

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I am surprised Saili was only at $150k, reckon he's worth a bit more than that. Big ball-running 8, should score well. Same with Lee.

Yeah I agonised over the Savea vs Taylor decision. I love Andre but Savea is a star, it just depends how often he gets his hands on the ball. Also I heard a rumour that Taylor might be kicking, which I now hope is untrue!

I wasn't sure whether Lee was a certainty to start so I locked in Fuglistaller before the comp opened because he was cheaper and guaranteed to start. Thankfully he's starting this week as well. Will see how Saili and and Lee score this week

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Maybe a risk for a whole season, but not sure about 1 game.

Has there been any hint that Anscombe is a better kicker than the incumbent from the premiers? Sort of like bringing in Greg Brentall to replace Mick Cronin when both are starting

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My only troubling position is prop which I have sacrificed one of to power up my backrow. Pretty happy with my team overall.

The other is whether I make Stephen Moore or Alfie Mafi captain. Mafi could score big against the Kings but getting a high score for him is reliant on scoring tries. If he gets none it would be a poor choice. Moore should be more consistent.

P: Ben Alexander, Jeremy Tilse (Ben Afeaki) - not sure whether to go with Tilse or Afeaki. Tilse could be quite mobile in a strong pack but isn't likely to play much more than a half.
H: Stephen Moore (VC) (Clemem Lewis)
L: Brodie Retallick, Hugh Pyle (Ed O'Donoghue)
BR: David Pocock, Marcel Coetzee, Liam Messam (Scott Fuglistaller)
1/2: Francois Hougaard (Alby Mathewson)
5/8: Beauden Barrett (Dimitri Katsikilis)
C: James O'Connor, Conrad Smith (Chris Tuatara-Morrison)
OB: Andre Taylor, Alfie Mafi, Lwazi Mvovo (Clyde Rathbone)

I've gone all out on my starting team but am pretty good at planning ahead for byes etc. so reserves should rarely be needed. Moore, Alexander and Pocock have to come out next week so hopefully I don't have any injury dramas elsewhere.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

He may have kicked that many Hench but on the flip side how many did he miss? That would bring his points scored through kicks down.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
10 conversions missed. 17 penalties missed. So that takes of 27 points. 209 out of 535 points potentially gone.

Not to mention that guys like Lilo and Goosen scored better and are 125K less.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Anyone know if the Force XV is set to be announced before the deadline, or is already available somewhere I'm not looking?

I've looked everywhere I can think of and there is no sign of a team announcement. No idea why Foley is playing silly-buggers. Just two hours to go till Fantasy lockdown and I still don't know if Cottrell, Charles and Mafi will start. Having had a poor start to the season (thanks Higgers) I am already playing catch-up. If Cottrell starts he will be good value, but Hodgo is back this week and someone will have to drop out for him.

Really, really frustrating!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Goosen averaged 38 ppg and Lealiifano 34 ppg last year. Cruden averaged just under 30 ppg. Godwin sounds like a great bench back-up but his kicking accuracy is awful.

I toyed with the idea of picking Goosen but wasn't certain if he'll be back to his 2012 form after the string of injuries he had at the end of last year.

I also think that the Cheetahs could struggle a little until Coenie Oosthuizen is back in the starting side and in form and Super Sarel into the starting lineup as well.

In the end I went with Beauden Barrett this week because he was slightly cheaper and I like the matchup against the Blues.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Goosen averaged 38 ppg and Lealiifano 34 ppg last year. Cruden averaged just under 30 ppg. Godwin sounds like a great bench back-up but his kicking accuracy is awful.

Yeah think I will stick with Lilo. If my team averages 34 then that will be close to 550. Considering the 330 or so from last week I would appreciate that.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've looked everywhere I can think of and there is no sign of a team announcement. No idea why Foley is playing silly-buggers. Just two hours to go till Fantasy lockdown and I still don't know if Cottrell, Charles and Mafi will start. Having had a poor start to the season (thanks Higgers) I am already playing catch-up. If Cottrell starts he will be good value, but Hodgo is back this week and someone will have to drop out for him.

Same problem Hawko, have been looking everywhere including S.A sites like Keo.co.za and nothing, maybe they are all asleep. I have Malfi and Mathewson and you would think they would both be playing. All I have done is made sure I have definite playing reserves for their positions. What else can you do? Good luck with your players.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)

Just found an article on ESPN Scrum Hawko titled " Historic match an opportunity for Force: Foley. It states " Foley expects to have captain and flanker Matt Hodgson and fellow Wallabies Nick Cummins and Hugh McMeniman available after all missed the Melbourne game through injury." No mention of full team list. Cummins will probably start as would Hodgson being captain and such an important occasion for both teams.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
My first round killed me. Had higgers as vc and beal as caption. Both dumped.
My team for this week

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361510412.827224.jpg

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
My first round killed me. Had higgers as vc and beal as caption. Both dumped.
My team for this week
Same case, left Higgers though. Can't have a Fly half who does not kick. They need to change JOC (James O'Connor) to a Outside Back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.