• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
My first round killed me. Had higgers as vc and beal as caption. Both dumped.
My team for this week

View attachment 3242

The Brumbies and Highlanders are on byes next week and you have 7 players from them. It could take all your transfers just to fix that up next round, if there is injuries you are in trouble. Especially with so many of them in the one position.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I have Godwin with Goosen on the bench. Kings are a real wild card, if the Force rip them a new one then Godwin could score well. Assuming he's freaking starting, damn you Foley!!

Goosen I will give another week before I start him (swap with Godwin). I hope he hits the ground running though.

I brought in Kingi as my reserve scrum half as well. 180k is a bit exxy, but if he keeps starting on the wing then he should outscore most other scrum halves for a lot cheaper price... maybe.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think Godwin or noakes are musts as fly half on the bench. Cheap an good players.

What worries me about Godwin though is that I wouldn't have seen him as a starting fly-half considering the other personnel that the Force have. Why would you buy in Ebershon & not use him? Oh wait, Foley....... smae thing happened at the Tahs. As you were.

Ryphon

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tough choices - Lambie or Godwin to start in what should hopefully be dominant performances by both their sides. Leaning Lambie with his kicking.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Same case, left Higgers though. Can't have a Fly half who does not kick. They need to change JOC (James O'Connor) to a Outside Back as well.
Yeah KevinO give us another free transfer. If they did that for all the players we would have about 15 free ones! Folau is a protected species apparently. I had to get rid of Higgers, Meesam and Coatzee are just user friendly.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tough choices - Lambie or Godwin to start in what should hopefully be dominant performances by both their sides. Leaning Lambie with his kicking.
I just worry Ryphon that Steyn will take the long ones and negate Lambie's kicking points. It is like a point of honour that the Sharks fans want Steyne to go for the long ones and Sharks management obliges him. Plus he is captain!

Ryphon

Allen Oxlade (6)
But will Lambie kick or will it be Steyn?

Point. Particularly anything more than 45m I would've thought.

As Trajan points out, could be interesting with Steyn in the captain's seat. I do think that Lambie should have ample time on the pitch with Butch off this week.

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
As suspected.
You said it Hench and he is kicking well. Cruden, good player that he is, will no longer be fantasy relevant as a flyhalf unfortunately. Nanai-Williams looking dangerous and the more he touches the ball the better as far as I am concerned!

Trajan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thank christ I chose Nanai Williams over Folau.
Me too, but his defense is a bit of a worry. Other coaches will notice how Kadi Poki made him look like a turnstile and he will not score a brace every week. After Anscombe's performance as a kicker and also his fine all round play does he become fantasy relevant?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Thank christ I chose Nanai Williams over Folau.

Always been a fan of his in Fantasyland but did jot even think about him this time. I took Ranger on a gamble and expect him to have a bigger role for the Blues. Hopefully it pays off.

Status
Not open for further replies.