• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Ewen McKenzie - Life after the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
It was only being on Australian soil that gave him the necessary inspiration.
;)You obviously never heard the music he wrote as a 15 yo on Te Awamutu:D

I also think Link has thrown his hat in ring now to force ARU's hand , perhaps before White gets too much support.Also probably a chance to let Ireland know he's available if as some are hinting ARU have decided he not the man. I think this does happen, seems Deans card was marked as 'never to coach ABs' think it main reason he took Wallabies job.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Yep that is a view I can agree with.
On the other hand, the timing of his announcement smacks of playing politics.
I despise politics in any work environment.

Or it's just as Link says and he's made the announcement now to give the Reds clarity in the coaching stakes. I'd say this is the most likely scenario.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
It is possible he could take the Irish gig with an excellent get out clause should he be offered the Wallabies. Not sure Ireland would go for it but they may be desperate enough to take the risk.

T

Train Without a Station

Or it's just as Link says and he's made the announcement now to give the Reds clarity in the coaching stakes. I'd say this is the most likely scenario.

I'd say it's putting his name out there for any roles. If he waits for the ARU to offer him the Wallabies job and doesn't get it where is he?

I believe he will end up in Ireland.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'd say it's putting his name out there for any roles. If he waits for the ARU to offer him the Wallabies job and doesn't get it where is he?

I believe he will end up in Ireland.

But he can still put his name out there whilst still coaching the Reds. Seriously there are too many conspiracy theorists around these days. Why can't what Ewen put forth as his reasoning be taken at face value?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The call about Link preparing for the HPU job is spot on. It coincides with

1/ His desire to be closer to Sydney based family. (Ireland just doesn't fit)
2/ His stated desire to move into more rugby admin style of work.
3/ Leaves the door open to be a front runner for Wallabies coach when the position becomes available.

Should this be correct, it bodes well for Australian rugby.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He just needs to walk down the corridor and tell Carmichael, to give them clarity.
Or can he only communicate with his boss via a press conference?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
He just needs to walk down the corridor and tell Carmichael, to give them clarity.
Or can he only communicate with his boss via a press conference?
He keeps it all in house and on the quiet , and then someone over hears something in the corridor or there's a leaked email from Ireland and all of a sudden there's an even bigger conspiracy. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Dan54 said:
I agree, well off topic, but if Neil Finn wasn't in band, how much success would they have???:p
It
It was only being on Australian soil that gave him the necessary inspiration.

Yes, otherwise it would be "One season in one day...and it's f$%ken, wit and wendy" . Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Unless I got the wrong end of he stick, I thought I heard yesterday on Fox news that Ireland had tabled an offer.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
... and seriously, if you're a coach and you're in the market for a new job at the end of the year, why wouldn't you make that publically known?
Of course it is self promotion,and totally acceptable of him to do that. I was merely responding to what I thought was the completely improbable scenario that the only objective of the presser was for Link to clarify with his employer of his intention to move on.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Betting got suspended on him becoming Irish coach over night, but he has drifted out to second favourite now. Would still be suprised if he got the gig, i think as others have said he is settling for the HPU job and then going for the Wobs once Dingo leaves.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Betting got suspended on him becoming Irish coach over night, but he has drifted out to second favourite now. Would still be suprised if he got the gig, i think as others have said he is settling for the HPU job and then going for the Wobs once Dingo leaves.

I read your post a little too quickly and I almost had a heart attack. My eyes read up to the second favourite bit, then my brain interjected wondering who is the bookies favourite. Cue my eyes then skipping to the end of your post and seeing Dingo and the resultant near heart attack was only averted by then reading your post in it's entirety.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I find it strange that no one has linked White with the Ireland gig. I know he has a 4 year contract with the Brumbies but he was happy to talk to England last year before he'd even coached the Brumbies in a Super game. I think it would be a good fit too.

I'd expect a few Reds players to be on the move after this season. They have a great loyalty to Link but with him leaving they will look for other opportunities. Waratah's would be circling.

Status
Not open for further replies.