• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Drua v Rebels @ Sunshine Coast Stadium 7.45pm AEDT, Friday 04/03

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If we have a full strength side he shouldn’t be in the starting side. It’s beyond me that he is captain
Look, I agree that he probably wouldn't be in the full strength 15, maybe even 23, but that interview is a good reason why he's captain. He's working his arse off, cares more than anyone and actually knows what he's doing and where he's supposed to be out there. You can't say that for most of the team.

That said I probably would've made Phillip captain.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Look, I agree that he probably wouldn't be in the full strength 15, maybe even 23, but that interview is a good reason why he's captain. He's working his arse off, cares more than anyone and actually knows what he's doing and where he's supposed to be out there. You can't say that for most of the team.

That said I probably would've made Phillip captain.

Don't agree personally, Wells can play 6 or 8. He gives 100% everytime & I can not remember the last time he missed a tackle in defense.

Wilkin is a half 6/7 & not shown more than Wells.
Kemany is internally promoted well but I havent seen it on field (YET)
Leota walks into the 6 or 8 jersey
Skelton had never played back row 12 months ago
Wallis is a depth player
Ioane played okay off the bench in 2 games.

We don't have to have a back line like the chiefs in the premiership, Yes if we kept Isi everyday of the week Wells goes to the bench but those 6 he is in front of.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Don't agree personally, Wells can play 6 or 8. He gives 100% everytime & I can not remember the last time he missed a tackle in defense.

Wallis is a depth player

We don't have to have a back line like the chiefs in the premiership, Yes if we kept Isi everyday of the week Wells goes to the bench but those 6 he is in front of.
6 Kemerny
7 Hardwick
8 Leota

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Agree with at fully fit
At first I just thought of the two players individually and thought Kemeny offers a third target in the line out and we did go to him a fair bit last year

But then when you asked the question I remember that you are picking 3 back rowers. It’s good to have one that can jump but you don’t need more than that so that becomes irrelevant

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
At first I just thought of the two players individually and thought Kemeny offers a third target in the line out and we did go to him a fair bit last year

But then when you asked the question I remember that you are picking 3 back rowers. It’s good to have one that can jump but you don’t need more than that so that becomes irrelevant

Leota offers the cross over at line out, can play him at 6 that where he is a wallaby.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Wallis is a depth player

Mostly my thinking is that Wells is actually playing close to his ceiling - in a very theoretical full strength situation I think a lot of the others have a higher ceiling. In the more realistic one as these guys filter back through Wells does stay, both for leadership and ability to deliver on his potential.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Mostly my thinking is that Wells is actually playing close to his ceiling - in a very theoretical full strength situation I think a lot of the others have a higher ceiling. In the more realistic one as these guys filter back through Wells does stay, both for leadership and ability to deliver on his potential.

in a round about way you have pointed out what is wrong with our club! sometimes i think i'd rather 23 blokes that play to almost their ceiling every week!

how many bloody young halfs that "could be the next wallaby big thing" have we churned through. we are the reverse brumbies

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not sure what was worse this game or going down 8-59 at home against the Chiefs in 2019 when we had to win to play finals. The fact that Jack Debreczeni cut us up that day really made that one hurt.

Left the ground that night and said to myself I would never be back but have ended up at ever home game since

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Time to get rid of Foote he has turned the club into an embarrassment
Agree Rebel Man, give Kevin a Foote up the backside and out the door. Still astounds me that things weren't working so they promoted the assistant coach.

Lost X factor in Koroibete and Naisarani and haven't replaced that with much. Yes, injuries hurt, but this is where you need depth and given the consistent injury issues can point the finger at strength and conditioning team.

You need to give your members and supporters hope. After round 3, there feels like there is no hope (other than the hope of winning the wooden spoon).

Home crowd next week will be interesting. (It looked very small last week, still wasn't on Austadiums website last time I looked).

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
in a round about way you have pointed out what is wrong with our club! sometimes i think i'd rather 23 blokes that play to almost their ceiling every week!

how many bloody young halfs that "could be the next wallaby big thing" have we churned through. we are the reverse brumbies
The problem is there is no culture here to make people want to stay. Blokes come down from other states as they want to start straight away then look to go home when they get an offer

The Brumbies have history and tradition you can’t just make that

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Agree Rebel Man, give Kevin a Foote up the backside and out the door. Still astounds me that things weren't working so they promoted the assistant coach.

Lost X factor in Koroibete and Naisarani and haven't replaced that with much. Yes, injuries hurt, but this is where you need depth and given the consistent injury issues can point the finger at strength and conditioning team.

You need to give your members and supporters hope. After round 3, there feels like there is no hope (other than the hope of winning the wooden spoon).

Home crowd next week will be interesting. (It looked very small last week, still wasn't on Austadiums website last time I looked).
We have never had hope down here sadly

It seems the board just accepts mediocrity. How can you just appoint Foote when you just sacked the man he was second in charge to? Where are the fresh ideas coming from

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
We have never had hope down here sadly

It seems the board just accepts mediocrity. How can you just appoint Foote when you just sacked the man he was second in charge to? Where are the fresh ideas coming from
We had some hope when Quade and Will were here and started the season really well but then went down in a massive heap.

Worst thing about tonight was we were 14-0 up, let them score right on half time when we had an extra man advantage (and lost).