• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Cheetahs v Reds R14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Morahan at fullback is an interesting choice for this match.

I guess we are going to see Quade defending at 10 for the whole match except in broken play where he might drop back to field kicks.

Morahan has defended at 10 for QC (Quade Cooper) before.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)

djeff

Allen Oxlade (6)
The cheetahs are proving to be a quality outfit. The reds are going to really have to weather the storm in this one.

The lack of decent recovery from last week's stoush before beginning their 40 hour transit ordeal will leave bodies and brains tired and loathsome. McKenzie's astute preparation of mind and body should negate this to some extent. Unfortunately the effects of jet lag and playing at altitude can not be dealt with in short spaces of time and so accoeding to Mckenzie are largely ignored.

Look for the reds to build into the game, establish a lead and then play smart rugby, keeping the ball away from the cheetahs and playing in the cheetah's half during the 2nd 40mins. The reds will definately not want to have to stage one their infamous defensive efforts late in the 2nd half this week.

The game plan, like Digby hairstyle, will have to meticulous.

Reds in a close one.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Morahan has defended at 10 for QC (Quade Cooper) before.

Moz has 'good defence days' and, almost as often, he has 'turnstile days'. In this respect, he's by no means low-risk in a key game, but the inestimable good news is that QC (Quade Cooper)'s defence for the Reds has gone from (say) 4-5/10 in prior years to a solid 7+/10 (and sometimes more) in 2013. Thus lowering the danger somewhat of defence fallabilities at 15.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Feels like we've been saying it since Feb 2010.
a
Agree, a lot of comments after 2011 were to the effect that the reds had a dream run to the finals. Maybe some truth to that considering the new format and below par performances from the other oz teams.
This year however if they make the finals, no one can repeat that view. Their draw has been a tough one, facing form teams in consecutive weeks and also the form of the Brums and now the Tahs (Didnt think I would be saying that this year.) has ensured that the reds have to increase their efforts to make the final game. Its been a week by week proposition and will be from here on in. If they make it they can truly be considered a champion team with no detractors.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Excited about this one now. Can the Reds become the first Australian team to win in Bloemfontein since 2010?

Does anyone know if Labuschagne came through his fitness test?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
good side - only possible contenious spot for me is Morahan / Lucas
If Moz turns it on then look out Cheets - hope so
C F Sautia certainly deserved to hold his spot after last week. Reckon when Taps returns he will play a blinder

Reds by 10

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
This game is the reason I am glad I have IQ. Can have a good night sleep and get up at 6 and watch the game as though its live but i get to fast forward through half time.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
This game is the reason I am glad I have IQ. Can have a good night sleep and get up at 6 and watch the game as though its live but i get to fast forward through half time.
I record games so I can fast forward through Marto.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Just got home after seeing something for kate at the hifi bar. No doze seem to be having some effect, cranking that coffee machine and putting some chicken drumsticks under the grill. Am going to see this one out hook or by crook.

Status
Not open for further replies.