• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T.Rugby

Waverley 25 - 0 Knox

Talakai, Ingam-Melson, Rogers, Nicholson all out great show by the boys at QP1.

i heard it was 20-5? wasnt at the game so i might be wrong. apparently waverly played exceptionally well, congrats to them. hopefully fires up knoxy for the trnity and barker games following...found that they have been way to complacent in their games so far. how did the knox forwards play? i agree with the backs, they are good just seems that they are a little unfit

B

baldingwingforward

Ill guarentee you that when Knox and Waverley are full strength Trinity will find it hard to win. This competition is about winning away games and just because Trinity have had a good start theres a long way to go. No doubt their favourites but Trinity have struggled to beat Knox, Waverley and even Aloys away from Summer Hill so be cautious.

Trinity have zero depth as well... If they lose one of either Sio or Debrecini they will struggle big time!

T

the beast

Ill guarentee you that when Knox and Waverley are full strength Trinity will find it hard to win. This competition is about winning away games and just because Trinity have had a good start theres a long way to go. No doubt their favourites but Trinity have struggled to beat Knox, Waverley and even Aloys away from Summer Hill so be cautious.
The best thing to happen to Waverley was the injuries, as they have now found a side that can compete against the likes of Trinity as the replacement forwards are actually hard working and fit. Also Patterson is playing a great game at 10 and the 15 is the find of the season as he always beats the first defender and has set up a lot of Waverley's tries.

C

Casnovian

Agree totally - gave Trinity a great lesson in the first twenty minutes or so. Starved them of the ball and some ferocious tackling.
Enjoyable +++
Trinity 20 - Barker 10 - Good hard game.

C

Casnovian

Note sure about that - a number of young "gunns" - biting at the bit - as well as a number of lads playing out of position in the First XV - because Trinity have a number of injuries as well - post Riverview match (and last year).

I think Trinity should be bold and try out another No. 10 as well as rotate some of the forwards. Both Sio and Debrezini are good - certainly not the be all end all of Trinity. If thats what you think - you are going to be pleasantly surprised see some great rugby

C

Casnovian

Agree totally - gave Trinity a great lesson in the first twenty minutes or so. Starved them of the ball and some ferocious tackling.
Enjoyable +++

Have to pay credit where credit is due - No. 15 Barker - made metres every time he touched the ball - his kicking game was Trinity's envy. Well done on an individual level - Cameron Clark - watch out you have a serious contender.

G

gilbertt

i heard it was 20-5? wasnt at the game so i might be wrong. apparently waverly played exceptionally well, congrats to them. hopefully fires up knoxy for the trnity and barker games following...found that they have been way to complacent in their games so far. how did the knox forwards play? i agree with the backs, they are good just seems that they are a little unfit

what happened to knox did they have any injuries
thats also a good effort from waverly to beat knox with so many injuries
looks like the comp is seeming to become a lot tighter than first thought
alloys vs cranbrook must have been tightly contested as well

N

ned

How long is Talakai & Ingram-Melsom out for. Waverley will be a force to be reckoned with when they return.

O

Old Timer

Have to pay credit where credit is due - No. 15 Barker - made metres every time he touched the ball - his kicking game was Trinity's envy. Well done on an individual level - Cameron Clark - watch out you have a serious contender.

I assume that this was Scott Purcell = very good player - he and Cameron Clarke are well acquainted as they played in the same Wahroonga Tigers and Gordon rep teams for many years. Seemed to be Clarke played full back and Purcell played wing and centre, although I know Scott plays fullback for Barker - my son use to play them, at club, Rep and school level, since they were 11 or 12 (so I'm very aware of both) and I use to marvel at both of their abilities - the Gordon rep team would always win the State knock out, but it was the club team that use to blow my socks off - from an early age they absolutely exceptional - their coach of the time should be commended for his services to rugby - the things he had them doing!
Also in that team was Adam Vilimaa (Kings 1st 15) and Gordon Broome (needs no introduction). There were probably other, current, name players but I just aren't as aware of them - no disrespect meant to them.

I really enjoy seeing what were young kids come through to more senior levels.

T

T.Rugby

what happened to knox did they have any injuries
thats also a good effort from waverly to beat knox with so many injuries
looks like the comp is seeming to become a lot tighter than first thought
alloys vs cranbrook must have been tightly contested as well

they have a couple of injuries to key players, but there is alot of depth so i dont think that there is any excuse.

R

relborG

2's result between Trinity - Barker? , i heard Knox won 20-0 in a good contest.

R

Rugby333

Oliver Moss (flanker) who was suspended from rugby due to off field antics.. however is making a return this weekend against trinity alongside with Nick Cottee (fly-half) and Josh Betar (half-back), who seem to be the missing link between the forwards and backs.. I'm expecting these players to make a massive impact into the side both physically and mentally.. coming off with a big loss to Waverly I am expecting big things from Knox this week.. home game.. get ready for what I would predict to be the most intense, skilful and biggest game of CAS rugby this season.

W

waves

Waves 20 -Knox 5

Sorry yeah it was 20-5, No changes to Waverley team I would think coming off a good win always tough to back it up week in week out Aloys are a very darkhorse outfit should be a good match.

Waves by 13+

Any news on when CAS teams will be selected ?

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Sorry yeah it was 20-5, No changes to Waverley team I would think coming off a good win always tough to back it up week in week out Aloys are a very darkhorse outfit should be a good match.

Waves by 13+

Any news on when CAS teams will be selected ?

CAS teams v CHS will be announced next Saturday night

Status
Not open for further replies.