• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Casnovian

Thinking about it a little more - seems to be accepted at senior level too! Case in point Reds players "verballed" the ref in the second half as the Waratahs camped on the try line. Perhaps its something needs to be looked at Mr O Neill? The injury to Mitchell was shameful - made NRL look reasonable! I think the Ass. Ref should have "manned up". Similar incident with No. 15 Trinity on the weekend after he kicked the ball on the sideline - adjacent to the Ass. Ref and unnecessarily hassled after the ball left his foot - thankfully no injury - crowd didn't need a video due to the ground configuration very much "on sight" for that pearler.
Trinity now have two world standard Rugby Union referees on their teaching staff. QUOTE]

Not sure how Leckie has made it as far he has. His game management, particularly when he referees schoolboy matches is dreadful. Zero empathy for the game and struggles to keep control of 1st XV school level - professional players must run rings around him!

C

Casnovian

cranbrook has a solid side this year. will surely contend for the win, poor start to the season though

I think you are right - very early days for the competition and many factors to consider. I await the almost certain "brain snaps" - which have many origins including the "white line fever", turn over trys - and old chestnut with the lapse in vocabulary - (there is no I in word "team").

Bring it on CAS Rugby - lets have some "running rugby"!

C

CDOG

cranbrook 2nds to come second to knox this year. brook 2s are a gun side

W

waves

The game was already lost when Talakai went off with a heartlidge and he wasn't lifting in the line outs when he was on the field anyway. Trinity won the game in the backs, they have a classy 10 & 15 and some speedy outside backs.

Heartlidge ??

I think your taking a cheap shot at the youngster, he has a ton of heart and played with a shoulder injury from the previous weak opting not to take the week off. There are also too many students using this forum coming up with pointless comments.

C

crannie5

I think you are right - very early days for the competition and many factors to consider. I await the almost certain "brain snaps" - which have many origins including the "white line fever", turn over trys - and old chestnut with the lapse in vocabulary - (there is no I in word "team").

Bring it on CAS Rugby - lets have some "running rugby"!
i agree cranbrook do have a solid side, but an early start as you said the only thing we lack is our defence and our ability to do anything, but only early days well come back

diwi10

Stan Wickham (3)
Agree Waves. Observed the younger Talakai at the Trinity-Waverly game holding his shoulder and was very close to the play when it was clear that he was in no position to keep playing. Their physio actually directed him to come off the field when he clearly wanted to keep playing. Unfortunate as Trinity capitalised on his absence and scored two tries in quick succession. His presence was missed by his team mates. Supporters behind me were commenting that he sustained that injury the week before and probably should not have even played this game.

O

omar

Whats the go on C.Clarke and N.Cottee? Knox are strong enough as is, but with those two back in the frame..goodluck to anyone else.

2nd's competition is already shaping up to be more enticing than the predictable 1's....the question is which school has the depth?

O

O'Connor

Cranbrook have some solid players this year. A seriously poor start to the season wasnt helped by the fact that their no. 12 (Luke Brown) was out injured for the Knox game. He is a strong runner and solid in defence, from what I hear Cranbrook hasnt scored any tries without him on the field (pre season games and Knox game). With Brown's return and more game time Cranbrook will do well this year.

T

T.Rugby

Cranbrook have some solid players this year. A seriously poor start to the season wasnt helped by the fact that their no. 12 (Luke Brown) was out injured for the Knox game. He is a strong runner and solid in defence, from what I hear Cranbrook hasnt scored any tries without him on the field (pre season games and Knox game). With Brown's return and more game time Cranbrook will do well this year.

i actually thought the no.12 (indigenous player?) for cranbrook was one of the few players that were good on saturday. is he year 12?

O

O'Connor

the no.12 on saturday against knox (Zen T) will hopefully stay in the team and when brown comes back he will probably move to 13 if he can keep up his current form.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Just a reminder of our grassroots forum rules - any posts regarding imports must be in the scholarships thread.

Any mentions of imports or scholarships in this thread and we'll be reaching for the pocket (as we've done recently in the QLD GPS 2011 thread). The standard ban at G&GR is 2 weeks.

C

CDOG

Whats the go on C.Clarke and N.Cottee? Knox are strong enough as is, but with those two back in the frame..goodluck to anyone else.

2nd's competition is already shaping up to be more enticing than the predictable 1's....the question is which school has the depth?

cranbrook 2s are a solid side, poor against knox but should have gotten away with a 10-3 win against trinity, but their management staff would not let them be beaten by cranbrook and put on 4 fresh sets of legs with ten minutes to go. However after a much needed meeting between their sports masters they agreed to play by the rules and swore never to put 16 As players on again (especially in the last few minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.