• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilbertt

standout players for 2s was the cranbrook 11, who scored 2 tries with his great lines and good speed
for the 1s the aloys 7 and 10 had good games and for brook the 2 and 6 played well
brook were unlucky in the firsts with their 9 suffering from sever cramps leading to the game sealing try

standouts also were the 1 or 2 from the front row from both 1st and 2nds from cranbrook, the number 8 who was playing well who got badly injured and both number 7's from the 1sts played a vital part in both teams game
some quality rugby shown at alloys and some promising not so well known names up and coming rising players

W

waves

most of trinity's team should be there, however there will be many hard contested positions

Mate CAS teams will always be evenly spread in my opinion because selectors give chances for individuals in poor teams to showcase their talents in a better side.

What happened to both of them?

Talakai - Shoulder AC , Ingram Melsom - Broken Hand also interesting to see selections on injured players Clarke and the two mentioned above if they'll be picked ?

1. Lawley (K)
2. Wilson (B)
3. Healy (B) - Talakai (W)
4. Orr (T) - Ingram Melson (W)
5. Marais (B)
6. Spurr (W)
7. Kennedy (A)
8. Sio (T)
9. Jones (T) / Cottee (K)
10. Debreczieni (T)
11. Purcell (B)
12. Cameron (K)
13. Brown (C)
14. Wileman (W)
15. Clunies-Ross (T) - Clarke (K)

Injuries:

Clarke - Apparently still out for an extended period, Would pick him at 15 Shift Clunies to 14.
Talakai - Back during CAS selection, Very dominant prop certain starter at 3 for CAS.
Ingram-Melsom - Broken Hand if available will be picked like Clarke certain starter at Lock.

Supprises:

6: Spurr over Bursle, It would be a rather safe bet for Bursle to get the 6 for CAS but in saturday's performance between Knox and Waverley Spurr was a star and was by far the MOtM, most deffinately outplayed both Knox flanks.
9: Battle this week for CAS 1's & 2's If Cottee is back.
12/13: No real standout in my opinion any thoughts Koroi (T) is back playing thoughts ?
10/15: Patterson (W) Cant find a spot in the side for him has held strong for Waverley last couple years.

B

bigdicklaz

depsite the struggled start that cranbrook has had to the season, their no.1 P.Cockinos is a definite front runner. As occurs every year, cranbrook manage 1 or 2 underrated players in the CAS 1's side, that dont always get the oppurtunity to shine in the stronger sides.

C

crannie5

1. Lawley (K)
2. Wilson (B)
3. Talakai (W)
4. Orr (T)
5. Ingram-melsom (W)
6. Johnson (K)
7. Kennedy (A)
8. Sio (T)
9. Jones (T)
10. Debrezeni (T)
11. Clunies-ross (T)
12. Brown (C)
13. Purcell (B)
14. Cameron (K)
15. Clarke (K)

Putting aside all injuriess.

C

crannie5

also wouldnt be surprised if waverleys number 5 gets the call up, some very solid strong defence and a big niggler to get under the other representatives skin from the berenger stevens step brothso ive been told by brett johnson who had a run in with him during the waverley vs knox game.

C

CASsideline

1. Lawley (K)
2. Wilson (B)
3. Talakai (W)
4. Orr (T)
5. Ingram-melsom (W)
6. Johnson (K)
7. Kennedy (A)
8. Sio (T)
9. Jones (T)
10. Debrezeni (T)
11. Clunies-ross (T)
12. Brown (C)
13. Purcell (B)
14. Cameron (K)
15. Clarke (K)

Putting aside all injuriess.

I'd also be looking at Boulton and cockinos form Cranbrook in the 1 and 2 positions

L

LucyMiller

1. Lawley(K)/Cockinos(C)
2. Wilson(B)/Boulton(C)
3. Talakai(W)
4. Orr(T)/Porter(C)
5. Ingram-melsom(W)
6. Johnson(K)
7. Kennedy(A)
8. Sio(T)
9. Jones(T)/Cottee(K)
10. Debrezeni(T)/Knox 10
11. Clunies-ross(T)
12. Brown(C)
13. Purcell(B)/Scarano(K)/Koroi (T)
14. Cameron(K)/Clarke(T)
15. Clark(K)

Something along those lines

Y

youknowwhoiam

Personally i feel that Purcell is yet to stand out and hasn't had a good game yet and Scrarano is definitely the front runner for the 13 jersey as well as Cameron from knox having several stand out games i would see him put in the 12 jersey.

J

juno99

1. Lawley(K)/Cockinos(C)
2. Wilson(B)/Boulton(C)
3. Talakai(W)
4. Orr(T)/Porter(C)
5. Ingram-melsom(W)
6. Johnson(K)
7. Kennedy(A)
8. Sio(T)
9. Jones(T)/Cottee(K)
10. Debrezeni(T)/Knox 10
11. Clunies-ross(T)
12. Brown(C)
14. Cameron(K)/Clarke(T)
15. Clark(K)

this is very confusing...
cottee is the usual 10 for knox (has not played since season opener due to injury) not halfback
the knox halfback is J Betar..
cameron has been filling in at 10 and usually plays 12

hope this helps with ur cas predictions!

T

the beast

Sorry yeah it was 20-5, No changes to Waverley team I would think coming off a good win always tough to back it up week in week out Aloys are a very darkhorse outfit should be a good match.

Waves by 13+

Any news on when CAS teams will be selected ?
Heard a rumour that they won't be considering Talakai and Ingram-Melsom unless they get back on the paddock.

O

O'Connor

standouts for cranbrook were 1, 2, 7, 8 and 13.

thought the number 5 played a good game. he made some strong runs and didnt go missing. i also believe it was his first run on in the 1s side (any one from cranbrook to confirm?). if the cranbrook coaching staff know a good player he will stay in the team

T

the beast

thought the number 5 played a good game. he made some strong runs and didnt go missing. i also believe it was his first run on in the 1s side (any one from cranbrook to confirm?). if the cranbrook coaching staff know a good player he will stay in the team
It's schoolboy rugby, unfortunately the novice coaches (teachers) don't always select the best players to play in the 1s.

P

penrithpanthers2011

1. Lawley(K)/Cockinos(C)
2. Wilson(B)/Boulton(C)
3. Talakai(W)
4. Orr(T)/Porter(C)
5. Ingram-melsom(W)
6. Johnson(K)
7. Kennedy(A)
8. Sio(T)
9. Jones(T)/Cottee(K)
10. Debrezeni(T)/Knox 10
11. Clunies-ross(T)
12. Brown(C)
14. Cameron(K)/Clarke(T)
15. Clark(K)

I agree with this team ^

But
1- I think Bulton should get it over Wilson from barker.
2- Jones and Debrezeni are definates due to Cottee usally playing 10 and coming back for his first game this cas season.
3- Scarano should also stay at 13 and push Pursell to 14.
4- Lawley is to much of a promising player to be pushed to cas 2s aswell.

L

LucyMiller

this is very confusing...
cottee is the usual 10 for knox (has not played since season opener due to injury) not halfback
the knox halfback is J Betar..
cameron has been filling in at 10 and usually plays 12

hope this helps with ur cas predictions!

Thanks, I was a little confused of the Knox lineup with all it's injuries
I meant Betar as the other 9 option and cottee as other 10 option
Apologies for any confusion

T

the beast

1. Lawley(K)/Cockinos(C)
2. Wilson(B)/Boulton(C)
3. Talakai(W)
4. Orr(T)/Porter(C)
5. Ingram-melsom(W)
6. Johnson(K)
7. Kennedy(A)
8. Sio(T)
9. Jones(T)/Cottee(K)
10. Debrezeni(T)/Knox 10
11. Clunies-ross(T)
12. Brown(C)
14. Cameron(K)/Clarke(T)
15. Clark(K)

Rumour has it that the selectors won't consider any injured players unless they return and have completed at least 100 minutes of game time. Does this mean no Talakai, Ingram-Melsom and Clark???

Status
Not open for further replies.