• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LucyMiller

Rumour has it that the selectors won't consider any injured players unless they return and have completed at least 100 minutes of game time. Does this mean no Talakai, Ingram-Melsom and Clark???

if that is true it is a real shame, those players would be good to watch at rep level
changes to the team would most likely see clunies-ross shifting into fullback, and Clarke(T) or purcell covering that other wing
porter(C) could take ingram-melsoms spot while Lawley is shifted to 3, i have seen him play well in that position

M

monst1

as if selectors wont consider paterson from waverley been playing good footy

M

meathead

1. Lawley (K)
2. Wilson (B)
3. Talakai (W)
4. Orr (T)
5. Ingram-melsom (W)
6. Johnson (K)
7. Kennedy (A)
8. Sio (T)
9. Jones (T)
10. Debrezeni (T)
11. Clunies-ross (T)
12. Brown (C)
13. Purcell (B)
14. Cameron (K)
15. Clarke (K)

Putting aside all injuriess.

Wilson (B) has lost many scrums, and has been beaten to the hook of the ball. I dont know if this is due to barkers lack of push or what, but i think someone else would be better off in the position.
Also the knox scrum/front row was put under lots of pressure by the understrength waverley front row missing talakai, losing 3-4 scrums in their 20-5 loss.
The under rated waverley pack has been dominating in scrum encounters and i would not be suprised to see more selected in the sides.
The Knox outside backs were slow, and were dominated by the waverley backs.
The side will be stacked with trinity, however i hope that the cas selectors will decide on recent performances and form, rather than on names. Which can sometimes be asking too much

R

relborG

CAS 1st XV:
1. Lawley (K)
2. Boulton (C)
3. Talakai (W)
4. Johnson (K)
5. Ingram-Melsom (W)
6. Bursle (K)
7. Kennedy (A)
8. Sio (T)
9. Jones (T)
10. Debrezini (T)
11. Purcell (B)
12. Patterson (W)
13. Brown (C)
14. Clunies-Ross (T)
15. Clark (K)
CAS 2nd XV:
1. Cockinos (C)
2. Wilson (B)
3. Morrison (A)/Mitchell (K)/Morsello (T)
4. Orr (T)
5. Porter (C)
6. Mae (T)
7. Kitto (W) ??
8. Spurr (W)
9. Steyn (W)
10. Cottee (K)
12. Cameron (K)
13. Scarano (K)
14. Wileman (W)
15. Clarke (T)

T

the beast

Wilson (B) has lost many scrums, and has been beaten to the hook of the ball. I dont know if this is due to barkers lack of push or what, but i think someone else would be better off in the position.
Also the knox scrum/front row was put under lots of pressure by the understrength waverley front row missing talakai, losing 3-4 scrums in their 20-5 loss.
The under rated waverley pack has been dominating in scrum encounters and i would not be suprised to see more selected in the sides.
The Knox outside backs were slow, and were dominated by the waverley backs.
The side will be stacked with trinity, however i hope that the cas selectors will decide on recent performances and form, rather than on names. Which can sometimes be asking too much
:lmao:The Waverley front row was completely dominated by the trinity front row Wilson is a class hooker and would do a great job for CAS.

W

waves

:lmao:The Waverley front row was completely dominated by the trinity front row Wilson is a class hooker and would do a great job for CAS.

The Waverley front row was under-done its already been established with Talakai's shoulder injury.

I think leaving those injured players out would seem fair but I honestly believe if we are to beat a side of GPS standards these players must be starting.

G

gilbertt

the cranbrook scrum was quite dominant and held its own against a much bigger trinity pack in round 1 both the no.1 and hooker are very under rated players i wouldn't count them out of contention for a spot somewhere in the CAS 1's epically if talakai is injured

M

meathead

Really? How many scrums did Waverley lose to trinity?
And how many scrums did Barker+Knox lose to waverley?

The cranbrook hooker (Boulton) dominates wilson and would do a much better job at CAS level

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
Really? How many scrums did Waverley lose to trinity?
And how many scrums did Barker+Knox lose to waverley?

The cranbrook hooker (Boulton) dominates wilson and would do a much better job at CAS level

I have to agree with The Beast. Even though I only caught the second half, the Waverley scrum was dominated by Trinity. Talakai's injury may have contributed to this but it is undeniable that they were dominated. I counted at least one tight head. Even with the Trinity No.5 off the field, the Trinity scrum held its own against 8.

B

baldingwingforward

Even with the Trinity No.5 off the field, the Trinity scrum held its own against 8.

If a team gets a forward sin binned in U19 laws - i.e. schoolboys, the other team has to match numbers in the scrum so it would have been 7 on 7, so Trinity weren't holding their scrum with 7 against Waverleys 8 - you just weren't paying attention. If you had looked more closely there would have been a spare Waverley forward stood out in the backline.

If there wasn't the referee wasn't doing his job properly!! (which come to think of it is quite likely at schoolboy level!)

C

Casnovian

It's schoolboy rugby, unfortunately the novice coaches (teachers) don't always select the best players to play in the 1s.

understood Knox are experimenting with out sourced coaches this year. Interesting to see how that impacts your hypothesis.

C

Casnovian

Hey guys this is all too early. There are another two games to play and the selectors will do their job on the afternoon of June 4.

Hopefully some of the noted players (and not noted) will get on the field and show their stuff.

It has been known to have players in the past nominated for the team even though they were injured. Not that common though.

The opportunities are still there. So don't talk yourself out of it!!
CAS 1st XV:
1. Lawley (K)
2. Boulton (C)
3. Talakai (W)
4. Johnson (K)
5. Ingram-Melsom (W)
6. Bursle (K)
7. Kennedy (A)
8. Sio (T)
9. Jones (T)
10. Debrezini (T)
11. Purcell (B)
12. Patterson (W)
13. Brown (C)
14. Clunies-Ross (T)
15. Clark (K)
CAS 2nd XV:
1. Cockinos (C)
2. Wilson (B)
3. Morrison (A)/Mitchell (K)/Morsello (T)
4. Orr (T)
5. Porter (C)
6. Mae (T)
7. Kitto (W) ??
8. Spurr (W)
9. Steyn (W)
10. Cottee (K)
12. Cameron (K)
13. Scarano (K)
14. Wileman (W)
15. Clarke (T)

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
understood Knox are experimenting with out sourced coaches this year. Interesting to see how that impacts your hypothesis.

I doubt the outsourced coaches will make any difference with selections, the firsts is based on many factors other than form alone.

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)

they aren't really outsourced. the new 1sts assistant coach was the 2nds coach last year and an old knox boy. the 2nds coaches are a teacher at the school who played 3 years of 1sts at joeys apparently (brian sullivan), the other 2nds coach from last year and last year's 16As assistant coach.

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
they aren't really outsourced. the new 1sts assistant coach was the 2nds coach last year and an old knox boy. the 2nds coaches are a teacher at the school who played 3 years of 1sts at joeys apparently (brian sullivan), the other 2nds coach from last year and last year's 16As assistant coach.

one thing though is that the 2nds seem to be able to score tries with greater ease than the 1sts.....

T

thebear

Who is replacing talakai and ingram-nelson in the waverley team? I heard the forward pack suffers without them, any comment?

M

meathead

Who is replacing talakai and ingram-nelson in the waverley team? I heard the forward pack suffers without them, any comment?

The forward pack didn't seem to suffer in their domination of the rucks in the game against knox

M

meathead

correct me if im wrong but didnt waverley win 4 tight heads against knox on the weekend? who had a full strength forward pack vs waverleys pack down 2 vital players

T

T.Rugby

The 'outsourced coaches' are just a bunch of old boys + gappies coaching (nothing new...this has always been the case at Knox), however it is under a new structure whereby coaches help out with other teams, not just their own. This enables their to usually be 2 coaches working with one team. Its been pretty successful with not one loss from a Knox rugby team against St Aloysious and 3 teams losing against Cranbrook and Waverley respectivly. there are still teachers coaching rugby but these are predominantly the more experienced ones/those who have been coaching a certain team for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.