• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baldingwingforward

tips for this weekend
cranbrook v barker - cranbrook
trinity v knox - trinity
waverley v aloys - waverly

Trinity to win - agree
Waverley to win - agree
Cranbrook to beat Barker - slim chance but unlikely. Hordern will be a factor but Cranbrook simply won't have enough fire power. Barker are weak this year but Cranbrook are weaker... My tip would be Barker by 5-12 points.

S

ShippingSteel

How can you say that a couple of times the call was clear, unless you were on the field. Are you the hooker or the tight head prop?

I am neither. I am in fact a person who has no association to either school. However i was at the game on the weekend and thats just the way i saw it.

O

O'Connor

Trinity to win - agree
Waverley to win - agree
Cranbrook to beat Barker - slim chance but unlikely. Hordern will be a factor but Cranbrook simply won't have enough fire power. Barker are weak this year but Cranbrook are weaker... My tip would be Barker by 5-12 points.

I actually think Cranbrook do have a chance of winning this game. Hordern is the home of Cranbrook rugby, a fact the boys take great pride in (they also seem to play better there). Also the return of Brown at 13 (from what I have heard) will have a huge impact. Brown is a big back and now that he has some room to move he has the potential to absolutely shred the Barker defence.
Cranbrook to win by 10

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
trinity beat knox 39-5. knox played like the waratahs with endless kicking and the trinity backs capitalised. trinity 10 had an outstanding game.

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
trinity beat knox 39-5. knox played like the waratahs with endless kicking and the trinity backs capitalised. trinity 10 had an outstanding game.
Yes, it would sum the game up. Not only was the kicking endless, but of a poor quality. In some ways the Knox forwards matched the Trinity forwards, especially in the first half. Though smaller, arguably more skillful. However, whatever was said by the respective coaches at half time came into the fore in the 2nd half. Knox played to Trinty's strengths and played to their own weaknesses. The were a fairly much dispirited team by full time. This Knox team seems to be diminishing in skill levels and application as the season progresses. At the beginning of the season Knox would have held high hopes for the Rugby season; these were blown away by 27 to nil score line in the second half. Well done to Trinity - they probably have handed one of the most comprehensive defeats to Knox at Knox for a fair few years. The Trinity 10 (Jack Debr..don't know the spelling...) controlled the game like a masterful puppeteer with some great passing and vision. The rest of his backs fed off this to great effect. The Trinity 8 also had a rousing 2nd half against a tiring Knox side. The Knox 6 stood out and in general the forwards matched it until their fitness fell away. The Knox backline play, as mentioned above, was Waratah like in its inability to be threatening.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
I for one will be facing west tomorrow morning with the expectation of seeing the sun rise - Trinity up over Knox - who'd have thought - any moment now Trinity of old will resume and throw it in against Aloys!

Does anyone have the other 1st XV CAS results?

C

Crazyguy69

Cranbrook and Barker very closely contested game, brook fought back hard to lead 10-8 mid 2nd half however due to a persistent Barker side Cranbrook was unable to hold them with Barker running in a try which ultimately sealed the game. Standouts for Barker were 13, 15, and the new 10 who came on. For Cranbrook standouts were 8, 1, 15
Crazyguy69 out!

L

LucyMiller

thanks @Lucy Miller almost got her wish!

It was most certainly an entertaining game,
Cranbrook were unlucky with luke brown being injured in the first half, although the effect of this was not as big as others would of thought
There were also plenty of other injuries around the ground, which helped display the extreme physicality of the match

C

CAS10

CAS 1sts prediction
1.Lawley (K)
2.Wilson (B)
3.Talakai (W)
4.Orr (T)
5.Ingram-Melson(W)
6.Kennedy (A)
7.Johnson(W)
8.Sio (T)
9.Steyn (W)
10.Debrezini (T)
11.Clunies-Ross (T)
12.Burns (B)
13.Clarke (T)
14.Clarke (K)
15.Patterson (W)

2ND'S
1.Cockinos (C)
2.Boulton (C)
3.Mitchell (K)
4.Johnson (K)
6.Bursle (K)
7.Mae (T)
8.Morton (W)
9.Jones (T)
10.Coote (K)
12.Brown (C)
13.Purcell (B)
14.Cameron (K)
15.Wileman (W)

F

footyhead09

wav 27 - 14 over aloys, wav no where near their best but was in control for most of the game. big games from jack johnson and haynes wileman who pushed forward their claims for rep jerseys

M

meathead

Waverley 1 , 2 and 9 are sure to be in the mix from the last few games aswell as barkers 4 and 11

Agreed, waverley's 1,2,6 and 7's fitness, manouvreablility, rucking and first up tackles have been very solid. The no.9s box is a weapon and the no.10 and 15 have been getting better and better each game aswell. If selectors are selecting on form, i wouldnt be suprised to see a heavily stacked trinity side aswell as waverley, as they are the leading 2 teams in the comp thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.