• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blueandgold

waverleys 2 has been under intense pressure from opposition lineouts with the lack of size in the waverley pack . considering he has done a good job in serving his jumpers who just seem to be late on the jump and constantly behind oposition jumpers

M

meathead

**mod note: speak respectfully about schoolboy rugby players**

I didnt say anything about the no.2's throws? but when there is no height in the lineout for him to throw to and their jumpers constantly being read, im not suprised why he throws the ball over the back rather than to the opposition jumper

R

rockon

thoughts on CAS u16's?

i believe it will be highly populated by Trinity and Waverley players. Fast Waverley backs and strong trinity forwards with a few backs. Barker also influential in the first 4 rounds so should have a few players seen.

F

footyhead09

i reckon waves 9 would be better suited to hooker with his size, skill and strength. if taught well he could probs be a better thrower in the line-out than waves current 2, cant be that hard. could be the answer to waves lineout problems?

B

blueandgold

a valid point there im sure the coaching staff at waverley will look into that . i think the only thing that will help the waverley lineout is height not the hookers ability to feed a lineout . maybe use some of the height in the backline like the waverley 13 who seems to be fairly tall and slow so should fit in well in the forward pack

M

meathead

I think the no.2 match up in Cranbrook v Waverley this weekend will be a real test for their qualities and capabilities for possible cas selection

Y

youknowwhoiam

CAS 1sts prediction
1.Lawley (K)
2.Wilson (B)
3.Talakai (W)
4.Orr (T)
5.Ingram-Melson(W)
6.Kennedy (A)
7.Johnson(W)
8.Sio (T)
9.Steyn (W)
10.Debrezini (T)
11.Clunies-Ross (T)
12.Burns (B)
13.Clarke (T)
14.Clarke (K)
15.Patterson (W)

2ND'S
1.Cockinos (C)
2.Boulton (C)
3.Mitchell (K)
4.Johnson (K)
6.Bursle (K)
7.Mae (T)
8.Morton (W)
9.Jones (T)
10.Coote (K)
12.Brown (C)
13.Purcell (B)
14.Cameron (K)
15.Wileman (W)

i think the number 11 for this should be jason mcilwane from knox, as he has been playing good running rugby for them and should be in the running for the jersey

C

Casnovian

i think the number 11 for this should be jason mcilwane from knox, as he has been playing good running rugby for them and should be in the running for the jersey

Clunies Ross - was on crutches at Knox - out for some time I believe. I think there is room for a couple of up and coming 16 year olds in the Seconds - Afele & C. Orr from Trinity (however he is injured also attempting to be water carrier on the weekend - wasn't moving that well).

W

waves

CAS 1sts prediction
1.Lawley (K)
2.Wilson (B)
3.Talakai (W)
4.Orr (T)
5.Ingram-Melson(W)
6.Kennedy (A)
7.Johnson(W)
8.Sio (T)
9.Steyn (W)
10.Debrezini (T)
11.Clunies-Ross (T)
12.Burns (B)
13.Clarke (T)
14.Clarke (K)
15.Patterson (W)

Close to a full-strength CAS team prediction although expect a few shocks as selections provide every year.

T

thebear

heard waverley has lost another prop and are now using the 16A prop, i believe this is the 4th one this season, any comment?

T

Thewaterboy

Cipolla should be fine for his Australian Schoolboy commitments however.
One of the shining stars of the Waverley College's 1st XV unexpected push for the premiership

C

Casnovian

i reckon waves 9 would be better suited to hooker with his size, skill and strength. if taught well he could probs be a better thrower in the line-out than waves current 2, cant be that hard. could be the answer to waves lineout problems?

Perhaps a "whole CAS approach" may be of benefit!

It seems line outs are a worry across the board - having seen about eight games this year - GPS schools may have an advantage here. Perhaps it is worthwhile to consider the wingers throwing in the ball in - like they use to (last century - I know). Players may be a lot fresher?

T

Thewaterboy

Perhaps a "whole CAS approach" may be of benefit!

It seems line outs are a worry across the board - having seen about eight games this year - GPS schools may have an advantage here. Perhaps it is worthwhile to consider the wingers throwing in the ball in - like they use to (last century - I know). Players may be a lot fresher?

Or you could just through in Nathen "Naaaaaaf" Steyn who you would do a fine job. Potential future Wallaby #2

N

ned

Close to a full-strength CAS team prediction although expect a few shocks as selections provide every year.
yeah how can you include ingram-melsom when he has a broken hand and will be out for at least 3 more weeks and Talakai still hasn't proved his fitness as he is still out with a shoulder injury. Also whilst they have both been out Waverley has been winning and playing well. I don't think these two are worthy of CAS jumpers with their form so far this season.

N

ned

Or you could just through in Nathen "Naaaaaaf" Steyn who you would do a fine job. Potential future Wallaby #2
Don't know what you're on but Cipolla is not an Astralian schoolboy and doubt if he'd make CAS (too small). Steyne is heading towards the front row as loose or tight head as his speed and work rate is not good enough to play hooker.

C

Courier

Watched some aloys vs waverley fixtures. The talk about waverley 1sts prop Cipolla is completely wrong. To say he would be an AUS schools player is a joke. Aloys backs were sloppy in the hands and dropped nearly every second ball. However Aloys scrumhalf and flanker really showed some class. Waverley forwards are definately missing Talakai and their backs lacked talent, apart from their 10 patersen. I was surprised by some positional selections of the waverley coaches, in the 2nd's game a few Waverley players exceeded people in their position in waverley 1st's. 2nds Winger Loboz-Gonzales, Outside Centre, halfback and flanker. Loboz-Gonzales, who id seen from the u16's CAS last year, showed fierce speed carving up aloys defence scoring twice, the skillful 9 also scored two tries and was held up once. If Waverley wish to give Trinity a challenge maybe their team needs a closer analysis.

W

waves

yeah how can you include ingram-melsom when he has a broken hand and will be out for at least 3 more weeks and Talakai still hasn't proved his fitness as he is still out with a shoulder injury. Also whilst they have both been out Waverley has been winning and playing well. I don't think these two are worthy of CAS jumpers with their form so far this season.

Talakai and Ingram-Melsom may lack game time but they are experienced players. It wont supprise me if Talakai, Melsom and Clarke in CAS 2's or miss selection I have no doubt they will all end up in CAS 1's by their 3rd and last game.

M

meathead

heard waverley has lost another prop and are now using the 16A prop, i believe this is the 4th one this season, any comment?

I was watching the game on saturday, and the 16as prop played 3/4 of the game, and held his own. So i dont think it is much of a loss to the team

Status
Not open for further replies.