• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Canes v Reds at the Cake Tin - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Actually Shepherdson is at LH and has been struggling n

Gear gets to the 40 and refs blows offside midfield.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Hurricanes get a penalty from about 40 out a bit to the right. Ill-discipline could cost the Reds here.
And it does, 28-26 to the Canes.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gee poor Reds defence will cost them this. Shepherdson was the culprit and that knock from Morahan was costly.

He kicks it and Reds lose. 28 to 26. Own worse enemies.

C

chief

It just had to be Sheperdson to cost us the game. We didn't deserve to win it though. Morahan's idiotic dive to catch the ball was stupid. We've seen a game where the Reds back up players showed that they couldn't turn up to play.

Reactions: daz
M

Maroon Army

Cooper's pointless crossfield kick cost us there.

James O'Connor for Wallaby flyhalf!!!

R

Richard D. James

A cross field kick! that was brainless. Reds deserved to lose. That was the perfect set up for a drop goal and they blew it.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cross field kick wasn't too bad the field position was still there. The Morahan knock on and then missed tackles on Gear plus Shepherdon's laziness cost them.

G

GC

He was miles offside. He didn't do anything half decent all night. He's a bigger pot plant than Palmer but without the scrummaging ability.

Cooper was the only reason we nearly won the game, so I'll forgive him the cross field kick.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Anyway - well done Hurricanes, deserved win in my opinion. Made the Reds force the errors.

The Reds started really well and then they looked tired. 1 BP means this game wasn't a total waste and will be useful later on. Unfortunately, Sheperdson doesn't have the fitness of Daley and Slipper, to continuely make tackles and then get back onside. Digby "fuck it, I'm gunna go myself" Ioane was missed a bit tonight too. Oh well!

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
I think what this tells me about the Reds is that they are like every other Super Rugby team: when key players get injured, performance suffers, and the inexperience (or lack of talent) of the backups really shows especially when playing away from home.

G

GC

Massively missing Diggers and Slipper. Daley's work around the field missed too. I don't think we have the depth to win the comp.

Reactions: Ash
Status
Not open for further replies.