• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Canes v Reds at the Cake Tin - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
I think whoever wins the comp is going to be the team that manages to get a lineup together that more closely resembles their first XV than any other teams.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Inexperience and lack of execution killed the reds tonight, it reminded me a lot of the sharks game last season. Only benefit I see is that now link has a better understanding of his players and will be more informed with his selections in the coming weeks.

Hanson was brilliant around the field, but his lineout throwing is piss-weak. S. Finger was good when he came on. Thought the reds took the wrong option in regards to tactical kicking, although one of genia's was a beauty.

Massive missed opportunity tonight, important to remember you get the same amount of points from beating the out of form hurricanes that you do from beating the crusaders or blues. Reds need to make the most of every game so they get the home finals at lang park, dropping games like this is not an option.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
GC - Do better! The guy hasn't had a great deal of field time, none to speak of in this level and he plays one of the biggest games last week, did well. Then jumps on a plane to back up with another 80 minute game. Do better or move on will you.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
GC - Do better! The guy hasn't had a great deal of field time, none to speak of in this level and he plays one of the biggest games last week, did well. Then jumps on a plane to back up with another 80 minute game. Do better or move on will you.

If you are talking about shep, its debatable whether he did well last week. He was poor tonight, and overall he's not half the player slipper or daly is.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
If you are talking about shep, its debatable whether he did well last week. He was poor tonight, and overall he's not half the player slipper or daly is.

Sure both are needed but they're not there. Shep wasn't the lone wolf to make mistakes. All I can say is Go the Reds!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Morahan, apart from the knock on, pushing to take Mitchell's wing spot?

I agree he is always going to make a few mistakes as he is only 20 years old. The good is outweighing the bad and his size and pace mix is something you can't train. He is only going to get better - he is reminding me of a fast if not as dynamic version of chris Latham.

A

AbuDhabiAussie

Shepardson should be cut based on his form tonight. Useless. Talk about Bigger Faster Stronger - more like Fatter Slower Weaker. Just shows how valuable fit young guys who are motivated are to any team. Shepardson phones a friends, gets offered a lifeline and then is only a 50:50 chance of making the run on team. And look how he performs when he needs to step up to Super 15 level in 2011.

Hopeless. So frustrating watching him get up slowly, miss tackles and then get pinged for offside right at the end. He also missed the key tackle in the first half when Chambers raced up to put pressure on the fullback and got pinged. Such a lazy play.

Speaking of Chambers he should be cut too. Defense all night was terrible. Slipping off tackles, going high to smother the ball, getting caught out of position - union is not his game. And then to see him squaring off then end after all is lost - what a tool. They should cut his rats tail too for punishment.

Shipperely not playing the whistle - just basic stuff.

Next in line Keith Brown - the ref. So many dubious calls and the clear miss of the professional foul (Canes forward using his leg t knock the ball out) at the base of the ruck in the first half when Genia is about to pass as the Reds are on the attack. No surprises to see he was a Kiwi when I checked again. Just thank god he did not get RWC selection. A very poor performance that should be reviewed.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
In comparison to the Tahs season, tonight was our Cheetahs match. An unmitigated disaster but the sooner we get back to winning the better.

Now the Blues & Crusaders matches are must win affairs so hopefully the QLD public turn up and show their support. We're in for a big month of May now.

B

Bhagwan

well said, why do they put these junior refs in charge of important games?

Shepardson should be cut based on his form tonight. Useless. Talk about Bigger Faster Stronger - more like Fatter Slower Weaker. Just shows how valuable fit young guys who are motivated are to any team. Shepardson phones a friends, gets offered a lifeline and then is only a 50:50 chance of making the run on team. And look how he performs when he needs to step up to Super 15 level in 2011.

Hopeless. So frustrating watching him get up slowly, miss tackles and then get pinged for offside right at the end. He also missed the key tackle in the first half when Chambers raced up to put pressure on the fullback and got pinged. Such a lazy play.

Speaking of Chambers he should be cut too. Defense all night was terrible. Slipping off tackles, going high to smother the ball, getting caught out of position - union is not his game. And then to see him squaring off then end after all is lost - what a tool. They should cut his rats tail too for punishment.

Shipperely not playing the whistle - just basic stuff.

Next in line Keith Brown - the ref. So many dubious calls and the clear miss of the professional foul (Canes forward using his leg t knock the ball out) at the base of the ruck in the first half when Genia is about to pass as the Reds are on the attack. No surprises to see he was a Kiwi when I checked again. Just thank god he did not get RWC selection. A very poor performance that should be reviewed.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Reds didn't play more than 30 mins but still should have won if calls went 50/50.

1st or 2nd canes try was preceded by a very obvious shepherd. Let the canes break the reds line and make 30m.

3rd try preceded by forward pass which basically made the try.

Morahan looked to have scored the more the tv ref replayed his touch. At first viewing not but on rear replay yes.

Canes also looked to have cynically knocked the ball from genias hands on the line.

Only obvious help the reds got from the ref that I recall was one iffy scrum penalty.

Certainly not a good ref performance.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Reds didn't play more than 30 mins but still should have won if calls went 50/50.

1st or 2nd canes try was preceded by a very obvious shepherd. Let the canes break the reds line and make 30m.

3rd try preceded by forward pass which basically made the try.

Morahan looked to have scored the more the tv ref replayed his touch. At first viewing not but on rear replay yes.

Canes also looked to have cynically knocked the ball from genias hands on the line.

Only obvious help the reds got from the ref that I recall was one iffy scrum penalty.

Certainly not a good ref performance.

Spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.