• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Canes v Reds at the Cake Tin - 2011R11

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Fainga'a = 2 X Carter:lmao:

Using the official Carter scale.

Yeah, yeah

Strangely this year Carter has scored more tries, missed less tackles, made more tackles and busted more tackles than Ant

But both are just solid, safe S15 players.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Carter gets a lot more ball though, we know that:

a) he doesn't pass much
b) Waugh doesn't want the ball too far away from the preceding ruck

T

tranquility

Better than the limited Fainga'a. I suspect both Faingai might be struggling for a starting role with stronger players coming through.

Chambers is not half the player some think he is, Ant is still street ahead of him on the pecking order.

R

Raugeee

Reds v Hurricanes

I'm getting my complaints in early. What chance do the Reds have? All 4 match officials are Kiwis !! My prediction is Canes by 15 with the Reds getting 2 questionable yellow cards. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

T

TOCC

blah blah blah, the amount of times Ant has put the Reds on the front foot from a dominant tackle this season alone is countless, unfortunately they don't count those in the official statistics.

R

Raugeee

I'm getting my complaints in early. What chance do the Reds have? All 4 match officials are Kiwis! Canes by 15 and Reds to get 2 questionable yellow cards. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I hope I'm wrong.

( Sorry to be negative but this blight on the game needs to be eradicated )

R

Raugeee

Canes v Reds at the Cake Tin

I'm getting my complaints in early. What chance do the Reds have? All 4 match officials are Kiwis! Canes by 15 and Reds to get 2 questionable yellow cards. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I hope I'm wrong.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Sorry, but that's a pretty pathetic comment. Why not give the referees a chance before you start questioning their integrity? If the match officials show clear bias towards the Canes, then feel free to make noise about it post-match. But crying about refereeing bias and talking about multiple "questionable yellow cards" prior to the game being played dosen't come across well.

IMO the Reds should win because they have better who are in much better form.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
Refs know they'll be complained about for perceived bias, so much so some actually start favoring the visiting side... Its a mixed bag, will wait and see (also leave complaining about the Ref to the Brumbies and Phil Waugh).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Reddy!, I think your concern is valid, on the mental fatigue front. The mental focus and concentration demands this season on QC (Quade Cooper) at 10 have been enormous, just as one example. I was close to the line on Saturday and my group all thought QC (Quade Cooper) was looking a bit more tired and tense than usual. Most commentators put his poor kicks from hand down to the pressure of that game, I sense it might be a bit more a factor of what he has had to invest mentally to get to this streak - he has been at the centre of almost every win.
/QUOTE]

Does "at the centre of each win" mean you thought he was MOM every game this year or does it just mean that positionally he is in the middle of the field (except in D)?

R

Raugeee

Ali's Choice, I really hope I'm wrong. My real complaint is that neutral refs aren't used for these matches. I complained before the match because that's alot more effective in proving that something is awry. I'm basing my predictions on the good rugby games that have been ruined by home town refs showing outrageous bias and ineptitude. I cite Bryce Lawrence ( Canes v Reds 2010 ) and Garratt Williamson ( Brumbies v Crusaders ) as 2 egregious examples of this ridiculous situation. Go back and watch those games and then try and say I'm wrong.

BTW - if the Refs are impeccably fair and honourable tonight I will gladly and humbly eat crow ( I think I'm fairly safe though ).

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ali's Choice, I really hope I'm wrong. My real complaint is that neutral refs aren't used for these matches. I complained before the match because that's alot more effective in proving that something is awry. I'm basing my predictions on the good rugby games that have been ruined by home town refs showing outrageous bias and ineptitude. I cite Bryce Lawrence ( Canes v Reds 2010 ) and Garratt Williamson ( Brumbies v Crusaders ) as 2 egregious examples of this ridiculous situation. Go back and watch those games and then try and say I'm wrong.

BTW - if the Refs are impeccably fair and honourable tonight I will gladly and humbly eat crow ( I think I'm fairly safe though ).

I don't remember the Canes v reds game well, but I don't think Williamson decided the outcome of the Brumbies v Crusaders game. I hope you aren't referring to the Matt Giteau yellow card, which came after repeated infiringements and looked at normal speed like a reasonable yellow.

The only reason why I would support a re-introduction of neutral referees is that it might take some pressure off the refs. All referees make errors, it just seems that when a neutral referee makes an error they are more easily forgiven, but when a non-neutral referee errs they are accused of being biased or of somehow manufacturing the result.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Professional referees are always impeccably fair and honourable. I don't think it reflects well on anyone to say otherwise, especially when the knowledge of the rules by most fans is so laughably limited by comparison. Usually, when supporters claim to be robbed, it is because they know virtually nothing about what happened. The fact that both sets of fans claim to have been equally robbed after each game should tell you all you need to know about that.

R

Raugeee

I don't remember the Canes v reds game well, but I don't think Williamson decided the outcome of the Brumbies v Crusaders game. I hope you aren't referring to the Matt Giteau yellow card, which came after repeated infiringements and looked at normal speed like a reasonable yellow.

The only reason why I would support a re-introduction of neutral referees is that it might take some pressure off the refs. All referees make errors, it just seems that when a neutral referee makes an error they are more easily forgiven, but when a non-neutral referee errs they are accused of being biased or of somehow manufacturing the result.

Great, we agree on neutral Match Officials. Tremendous! All concerned Rugby fans should let SANZAR know how we feel. The Super 15 comp doesn't need to leak any supporters.

"Not only must Justice be done; it must also be seen to be done." - Lord Chief Justice Hewart

Status
Not open for further replies.