• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies v Reds Super Rugby round 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Interested by that SMH article from Link and why he chose to write it.

Just dick swinging or did he perceive a mental weakness?

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Was chatting to Benny A at training last night....from what he was saying to me, and to the whole squad, if the Reds don't turn up with the mindset that they're playing nothing less than a grand-final, they're going to be pulverised.

This match is going to be one of the most brutal of the season.

What's Benny A doing having a nice little chit-chat at training?? He will need all the practice he can get ;)

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I'm hoping this game is a cracker, but not too brutal that we destroy our stocks for the June tests.

something

Jim Clark (26)
yeah i hope Cooper plays the full 80... i think i would have preferred the 5-2 split than have Dallan Murphy. Where are you going to put Murphy in?

if Cooper goes off, replace with sautia/frisby.
10 - harris, 11 - sautia/harris, 12 - finger, 13 - diggers

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
yeah i hope Cooper plays the full 80... i think i would have preferred the 5-2 split than have Dallan Murphy. Where are you going to put Murphy in?

if Cooper goes off, replace with sautia/frisby.
10 - harris, 11 - sautia/harris, 12 - finger, 13 - diggers

I see Harris moving in for Cooper at around the 60 minute mark, and otherwise as Something says, but with CSF playing 20 minutes for sure.
Murphy is there solely as a benchstop for the inside backs. At least Harris is there to take over 5/8.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
I hope the reds are up by 5 with 30 sec to go and get awarded a penalty somewhere in the Brumbies half. Genia: just kick it out we've won, its over. Horwill: I'm the f@&(ING captain. Then he slots the penalty over himself.

Jokes, I'm more than happy for the Brumbies to get 2 bonus points from this;)

Can't wait.

T

tranquility

I truly think the Reds will get the biscuits in this one. More experience across the park, our pack has been playing as effectively as I can remember them playing. Genia back on song, Fainga'a x 2, Quade back on deck... Bring it on, just dont bring Dallan Murphy on.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I don't want the Brumbies getting any bonus points from this..... think about the finals antimony think of the finals.....

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Tranq, yes Dallan was outclassed in his games this year, but to be fair a not insignificant part of his problems came from our fragile forwards efforts and that many other parts of the team were unsettled or off colour in the Reds 2012 'dark period'.

Reactions: gel

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'd argue that Murphy was at the heart of that dark period RH. I hope to never see him on the pitch in Red ever again.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Haha, never met him and I never attacked him personally, but as a number 10 I think it's blatantly obvious that club rugby is the pinnacle of his game.... not that there's anything wrong with that, well apart from the club he plays for ;-)

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I can only guess how cold it is in Canberra tonight, its bitter here in Sydney today and apparently there is snow falling in the mountains. IT will be like a Dunedin night game in winter

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I never quite get as to why the Reds don't go down to Canberra a bit earlier in the week to acclimatise. 1.5 days seems short to go from Brisbane 7pm c.16deg to Canberra 7pm c.2 deg.

Status
Not open for further replies.