• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
It seems September would be worst case, based on this (from Oct 2013):

FLYING Fijian-born winger Henry Speight has been ruled ineligible for the start of the November tour of Europe and a red-tape fight is on to have him cleared to play for the Wallabies in mid-2014.
The vague and unofficial line in the sand for Speight's eligibility was thought to be this month but that has been torpedoed along with his chance of being a part of the 32-strong touring squad named on Friday.​
.....​
It is the worst-case scenario that has spooked the ARU. If the IRB stick to the strictest interpretation of two-year residency for eligibility, he won't be a prospect for the Wallabies until September next year at the tail end of The Rugby Championship .....​
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/r...tour-opportunity/story-fnibc972-1226738521824

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

FLYING Fijian-born winger Henry Speight has been ruled ineligible for the start of the November tour of Europe and a red-tape fight is on to have him cleared to play for the Wallabies in mid-2014.
The vague and unofficial line in the sand for Speight's eligibility was thought to be this month but that has been torpedoed along with his chance of being a part of the 32-strong touring squad named on Friday.​
...​
It is the worst-case scenario that has spooked the ARU. If the IRB stick to the strictest interpretation of two-year residency for eligibility, he won't be a prospect for the Wallabies until September next year at the tail end of The Rugby Championship ...​
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/r...tour-opportunity/story-fnibc972-1226738521824
The worst case probably will coat him a place in the world cup.

Unless link really wants him.. Sigh

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Any info on Poeys knee.. I heard a rumor it still gives him grief ?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Any info on Poeys knee.. I heard a rumor it still gives him grief ?

You'd reckon after major surgery it will be stiff for a while. I'm sure all members of team rehab that read here (including me) would vouch for that. He's got the best support to get it right.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Surely not? I thought that the arguement was if it was 2013 or 2014 that he became eligible?

They say end of end of season tour 2014 worst case.. so that woyld give him 2015 too push out players who by then Link would have settled on...

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
You'd reckon after major surgery it will be stiff for a while. I'm sure all members of team rehab that read here (including me) would vouch for that. He's got the best support to get it right.

Cool I just had read (probably here) he was struggling.. I hope his all good. Has a lot to live up too Hooper then G smith :)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crimes reporting that Speight should hopefully find out in the next week about his eligibility status.........

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Cool I just had read (probably here) he was struggling.. I hope his all good. Has a lot to live up too Hooper then G smith :)

I've been watching his IG feed and he's been training like a beast. Quite the show if that sort of stuff interests you. Contact drills will give it even more of a test and hopefully for Australian rugby his knee responds positively.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
By that sort of stuff do you mean gratuitous photos of David Pocock without a shirt on?

For someone who lives in Canberra, he sure seems to find it too hot to wear a shirt quite often.

I guess he might struggle to find shirts with arm holes big enough to fit his biceps through.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

...​
It is the worst-case scenario that has spooked the ARU. If the IRB stick to the strictest interpretation of two-year residency for eligibility, he won't be a prospect for the Wallabies until September next year at the tail end of The Rugby Championship ...​

Tin hat time. If the iRB rule he's not eligible until end of 2014, are they merely putting hurdles in the way that might encourage Henry to play for Fiji in the RWC? Assuming Fiji are in the Cup.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies 2014 home and away kits. New merchandise available from tomorrow via the Brumbies website.

Brumbies2014.jpg

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Clarkie tweeted that his mail its he Speight is eligible - hope that's right

@dreido: @greg_clarkie Any updates on Henry Speight and his Wallaby eligibility?”"He's ready willing able and eligible" .. So I'm told

Status
Not open for further replies.