• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
His availability so late in the Rugby Championship makes his chances of being a Wallaby interesting.

You'd have to think that there would need to be a reasonable injury toll or the team performing poorly for him to be rushed into the side as soon as he is eligible.

A spot on the EOYT sounds most likely but even then he'll be hoping for the incumbents to have a slump in form or get injured to get a run.

I sincerely hope you're wrong. Henry was the top Aus winger in the last two Super comps and led the try scoring for Aus teams in those years. He is also a first rate defender and makes more than one player's share of turnovers. He is a complete package. If he reproduces that form this year in the Super comp, he should at least be in the 23 immediately he becomes eligible, but imo he should start immediately. As good as AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Cummins and Tomane are (or any other non-incumbents), Henry is better.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I will be interested to see how many of the shackles are removed (if any) from the ponies this season.

They did well being very, very conservative last season in a very Bok style.

But without White's shadow .... ......

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I will be interested to see how many of the shackles are removed (if any) from the ponies this season.

But without White's shadow .. ..
So conservative they were one of the leading try scoring teams..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

But without White's shadow .. ..

Yeah - looking for a more attacking style with much anticipation. Forwards will play just as tough and tight with the Lord remaining as their coach, but I'm hoping Bernie will open up the backline even more in 2014. Remember though, iirc the Brumbies were the top try scoring Aus province last year and second (?) in the whole comp. But they have the personnel and talent to play a more 'Aussie' style running game rather than the Saffa kicking game we saw a lot of last year, and if they go this way it just might be enough to take them to the title. Six of the likely first choice backline were Wallabies last year, while one is a Wallaby in waiting and another two were past Wallabies. That's a whole lot of strike power.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Much like the Wallabies, I don't mind the playstyle so long as it is working. That said, I quite enjoy seeing other teams frustrated to no end and then suddenly conceding 2-5 tries. Makes their loss to the Brumbies seem inevitable.

It does fail at times, but so does every game plan.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Huzzah!

Former Wallaby forward Peter Kimlin eyes a return to ACT Brumbies

Former Wallabies second-rower Peter Kimlin looms as surprise potential recruit to replace ACT Brumbies captain Ben Mowen next year in a French swap set to revive his World Cup dream.

Kimlin is on the Brumbies' radar less than a year after the Canberra junior quit Australian rugby to link with French club Grenoble.

Kimlin was back in the capital last week and it is understood he has discussed a comeback with the Brumbies.

Kimlin spoke with Wallabies coach Ewen McKenzie about his future in the Test team before departing for France.

It is understood he is viewed as a key part of the World Cup campaign.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/former-wallaby-forward-peter-kimlin-eyes-a-return-to-act-brumbies-20140130-31pu4.html#ixzz2rtDi3lnX

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Carn Noodles.. his hat would get thrown in at 6/8 for the wobbs probably more likely on the bench.. every team needs an angry ranga

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
2014 is Chinese year of the horse. Could this be a sighn for the Brumbies?

The element that applies to this year is wood so it's the year of the wooden horse (last year was the water snake).

Given that, if the Chinese Zodiac is correct, the Brumbies will get the wooden spoon this year.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
The element that applies to this year is wood so it's the year of the wooden horse (last year was the water snake).

Given that, if the Chinese Zodiac is correct, the Brumbies will get the wooden spoon this year.

wow... now Chinese zodiac daydreaming...

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Either that or Brumby Jack will crack a stiffy. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.