• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

However, I can't see the justification for saying that Fardy's style of play didn't suit the Wallabies at the back end of 2013. That was the only period since Adam was a boy that the Wallabies strung four wins on the trot together and Scott Fardy was voted the player of the series/year by GAGR posters. If he is fit at the time, I fully expect he will start at 6 in 2014 (unless he is moved to lock) regardless of which of Higgers or Palu (or possibly Aeulua) starts at 8, and I expect they will complement each other's play precisely how Link wants them to.

I agree. I was more saying that in a fully fit environment, it will be Mowen that doesn't suit.

Brumbieman, I take your view but I don't think his injury issues have anything to do with it. I hold the same view of him as I did at the Tahs. Great player, big engine, does the hard yard, but not a highly effective runner and not hugely physical. In fact as the season wore on his physicality improved despite his injury.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I noticed the new team pics on the Brumbies website.... more new faces than I expected and a few I had forgotten had signed like the young NZ lock Jack Whetton, lossie Jarrad Butler, Stephen Van Der Walt,
Michael Dowsett and Jean-Pierre Smith...
Welcome guys, good to have new blood... the guys are looking pretty fit, a good sign...
http://www.brumbies.com.au/Team.aspx

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies announcing their leadership group tomorrow.

It's rumoured to be a six man group so I'm guessing Mowen, Moore, Pocock, To'omua, Lealiifano, McCabe

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Leadership group confirmed

Ben Mowen, Stephen Moore, David Pocock, Fotu Auelua, Christian Lealiifano, Clyde Rathbone

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
Ben Mowen, Stephen Moore, David Pocock, Fotu Auelua, Christian Lealiifano, Clyde Rathbone

Mowen, Moore & Pocock were obvious choices

Christian is also a reasonably obvious choice - given he was in a leadership role last year and is level headed and a good communicator in the backline.

Rathbone obviously has a wealth of on the field and off the field personal experience and is highly regarded by team mates and the rugby community alike,

Fotu Auelua is the interesting one. I assume he is in the leadership group as a 'big brother' to the Pacific Islanders in the team. I understand he has significant influence on the number of younger Islanders in the club (as does Christian).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Was McCabe not in the leadership group last year? Is that a sign perhaps that we not see much of him this year? Although he could still have a role with the leadership group, despite not playing. So is there more to this?

T

Tip

The team knows McCabe is a leader of the group. Unnecessary to place an armband on him considering he's coming back from a 2nd serious neck injury in 2 years.

McCabe has to focus on what is best for himself this year, which in turn will be what is best for the brumbies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
There's plenty of others you could say 'missed out' but don't read too much into it. Nic White and Matt To'omua also come to mind.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Was McCabe not in the leadership group last year? Is that a sign perhaps that we not see much of him this year? Although he could still have a role with the leadership group, despite not playing. So is there more to this?

McCabe wasn't part of the leadership group last year either........

It was just Mowen, Moore, Pocock and Lilo........ so really they've just added 2 on this year.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting..........

The Brumbies will be rocking a gold away jersey this year:

14_Brumbies_Onfield_Alt_Jersey_-_Photoshop_Cropped.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.