• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Interesting....

The Brumbies will be rocking a gold away jersey this year:

14_Brumbies_Onfield_Alt_Jersey_-_Photoshop_Cropped.jpg

That's a nice looking jersey for an away strip. It will look very effective under lights or on TV.

lex

Allen Oxlade (6)
I like the gold strip, especially if they have matching socks.

But isn't it going to cause problems playing the Hurricanes in Wellington?

I really don't understand why teams have "home" and "away" strips to be worn regardless of the other team's colours.

Isn't it more sensible to have "main" and "alternate" strips, the alternate strip to be worn by the away team if the main strips are too similar?

Why is that so hard?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I like the gold strip, especially if they have matching socks.

But isn't it going to cause problems playing the Hurricanes in Wellington?

I really don't understand why teams have "home" and "away" strips to be worn regardless of the other team's colours.

They don't have strict 'home' and 'away' strips...

Isn't it more sensible to have "main" and "alternate" strips, the alternate strip to be worn by the away team if the main strips are too similar?

Why is that so hard?

That's how it already works.........

They'll wear their regular kit when they play in Wellington........

In 2013 the Brumbies never wore their 'away' jersey (although they did change their shorts for some games)...........

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
The Gold jersey is fine but I ALWAYS prefer the saddle home jersey, that’s says Brumbies to me, it’s a distinctive design world wide… When you look back at old footage the brumbies always stand out, some other teams could be confused with each other at a glance…

A strong hitsory of brand identity always is valuable..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting tidbit in the latest Crimes article re: Auelua..........

Auelua injured his shoulder in a match against the Wellington Hurricanes in May last year.

Not long after getting off the field, then Wallabies coach Robbie Deans called former Brumbies mentor Jake White to tell him Auelua was in the Test squad for the historic series against the Lions.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/fotu-auelua-beats-postsurgery-depression-to-lead-by-example-with-brumbies-20140117-310kw.html#ixzz2qfKsuyxK

Ouch.........

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I'd have liked it more if the word Jake was there before that quote. :(

But really, I rate Nic White and am glad he's sticking around. Could be captain after Mowen leaves.

Well played Sir. That Flipper from @Muttonbird was picked early and dispatched over the bowlers head and the boundry rope for 6 runs.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Henry Speight's Wallabies eligibility saga is dragging on with no updates on when the IRB will make a ruling.

It's not really a distraction for him and he'll just keep doing his best for the Brumbies and hopefully be on top of the the tryscorers list again. Lucky he's such a laid back guy.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Henry Speight's Wallabies eligibility saga is dragging on with no updates on when the IRB will make a ruling.

It's not really a distraction for him and he'll just keep doing his best for the Brumbies and hopefully be on top of the the tryscorers list again. Lucky he's such a laid back guy.

You would think in the next 5 months they should be able to sort it out

Status
Not open for further replies.