• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
a dour game? The Brumbies have scored many tries every game they've played so far..
when you have two teams strong in defence, normally that is what happens. All the teams played by the Brumbies so far were not on a par defensively.
Obviously one (e.g. me) hopes for an open and entertainin game, particularly on the Brumbies' side in terms of fun and final score.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
when you have two teams strong in defence, normally that is what happens. All the teams played by the Brumbies so far were not on a par defensively.
Obviously one (e.g. me) hopes for an open and entertainin game, particularly on the Brumbies' side in terms of fun and final score.
People confuse strong defense with referees interpretation at the breakdown. If a referee allow a lot of freedom at the breakdown and let players get away with a lot you will see defenses on top as the ball will be slowed down and give them enough time to organize. If the referee is strict then ball will come out quicker and one will see more tries. No defensive system in the world is good enough for quick ball

T

Train Without a Station

I didn't get to see a scrum, but what was the final make up of the pack when Fotu, Smith, Fainga'a and Mowen were all on the park? Did Mowen move to lock?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At the ground they announced it as about 14,100, although I have seen just under 14K quoted. Not great, but not bad for Easter Saturday in Canberra. I imagine a lot of people would be out of town.

I'm surprised there were 14,000 in all of Canberra on a long weekend.........

P

Paradox

I didn't get to see a scrum, but what was the final make up of the pack when Fotu, Smith, Fainga'a and Mowen were all on the park? Did Mowen move to lock?
I don't think there was a scrum after Finger came on but could be wrong. Colby nearly cost us the game.

T

Train Without a Station

Mowen went to lock

Yeah that's what I assumed. Interesting. I just assumed Mowen flat out didn't play lock considering I had never seen him play there for the Tahs or the Reds. Being 195+cm it could be good for his Wallabies chances to be capable of 6/8 & Lock as well as a main line out target.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah that's what I assumed. Interesting. I just assumed Mowen flat out didn't play lock considering I had never seen him play there for the Tahs or the Reds. Being 195+cm it could be good for his Wallabies chances to be capable of 6/8 & Lock as well as a main line out target.
He'd be too light to start at lock wouldn't he?
I'm for any theory that gets Mowen in the Wobblies frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

He'd be too light to start at lock wouldn't he?
I'm for any theory that gets Mowen in the Wobblies frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He would have to be a better option than Dean Mumm who started a multitude of tests. Obviously you wouldn't start him there. But that versatility would certainly be beneficial to the team... The form 6/8 of the Aus Conference who can also pack as a reserve lock. Allows you to not carry a lock on the bench and either start him and have a 6/8 on the bench + a 7 or, makes him 4/6/8 cover on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.